Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Thrash away! Many changes inside the code, so lots of opportunities that I messed up something, hence I need a good beta cycle.

I'm particularly interested in whether, like me, the google maps don't show (I have a T650 on Verizon). If anyone else's doesn't show, I'd like to know as much as possible (carrier, model, etc) to see if there's any commonality. It worked for the first couple of people that recieved this.

home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/Beta/DA.prc

• Added new preference for Map Type. Selections are MapQuest & Google Maps. Note that on some devices Google maps may not display at all. To get a large version of the map images on Treos, you'll want to set your browser view to Wide Page Mode. In Optimized mode, the bitmap is reduced to fit within the browser window, but it still produces a bit better map than the MapQuest PDA version.
    • Added new preference for Directions Destination, replacing the previously added checkbox Send Directions to Memo. Now the choices are "Browser", "Memo + Go To", "Memo Save Only", and "Ask Each Time". The first choice calls up your selected browser with the MapQuest Directions URL. The second choice parses the result of a directions query into a new memo record and switches to the Memos application with that new record showing. The third option creates the memo, but does not change over to the Memos application. The final option forces a dialog box to appear on each directions search to give you the choice among the other 3 options.
    • Removed dialer type preference, force to direct dial on new installs. Needed space on the screen and this option only applied to a couple of older smartphone types no longer in widespread use.
    • Change to only send first 3 digits of Canadian Postal Codes to maps and directions, as the 2nd 3 digits would result in MapQuest errors.
    • More intelligent handling of directions response containing: "MapQuest found a similar location" when using directions to memo feature. DA will attempt to execute the requery that the page is suggesting, with MapQuest's suggested changes to input parameters. DA will warn you when this happens, as the resulting requery MAY not be what you really wanted.
    • Removed Disconnect menu options and check boxes. These had no effect anyway on any device made in the last 3+ years, so it was time for it to go.
    • Renamed the "Addr Book" buttons on the Directions screen "Contacts" to reflect the application name that is in common use on later devices.
    google map shows for me...

sprint 700P

thanks!
    I'm using a Cingular 650. Asking it to use Google maps, I get Mapquest.

Asking it to use Mapquest maps, I get an error!
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Also on cingular 650, i must choose treo web instead of blazer or i get browser not found. What is the difference between these? (I have blazer, it is the default browser)

When I ask for google, I get google. When I ask for mapquest, I get mapquest.
    I'll play! I use Directory Assistant a lot and think it's a GREAT app. Thank you!

Best regards,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Works great for me on 700p Verizon. Google maps are great on wide view and directions are sent to memo.
    Thanks!
    Any way you can post the .prc for those of us away from a PC?
    Doh! Nevermind...
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Works for me (Google maps) on a Sprint 650 if "TreoWeb" is selected as the browser. If "Blazer" is selected, it's reported as not found, and if a creator ID is entered (e.g., RQWV for Web Viewer), it flashes briefly but returns to the Results page.
    Palm Vx -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    I'm using a Cingular 650. Asking it to use Google maps, I get Mapquest.

Asking it to use Mapquest maps, I get an error!
    Ditto using a Sprint 650, except when MQ is selected no error here.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Tried it on my Verizon 700p:
    Works in general. However, after I chose "Google Maps" it still shows MapQuest instead.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Google maps works great! You must first go to Preference and change to Google Maps instead of Mapquest. Also, copying driving directions to memos works great too! Thanks a bunch!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Google maps works great! You must first go to Preference and change to Google Maps instead of Mapquest.
    FYI, I did change it to Google Maps first as I mentioned in the last post. It may be another Sprint vs Verizon thing.
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    workig for me on sprint
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Works on my Sprint T650.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    Works on my Sprint T650.
    what are your settings? Mine are as follows

Browser: Treo Web

Directions: Browser
    Mapping Type: Google Maps
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    works great on my treo 650 1.20-ena can use google maps or mapquest..my settings are the same as in the above post.. Great application!!
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Ok me got a question i only get google maps on a look up when just looking for a location
    but when i use driving directions i go to mapquest not google any one else or is this correct

the use creator id works nice to... it flings open Nweb faster than even hitting the icon cool for sure
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1
    Ok me got a question i only get google maps on a look up when just looking for a location
    but when i use driving directions i go to mapquest not google any one else or is this correct
    This is also happening to mine. (Again, mine is Verizon 700p, set to Google.)
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    what are your settings? Mine are as follows

Browser: Treo Web

Directions: Browser
    Mapping Type: Google Maps
    My settings are the same as yours.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast