Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Browser: Treo Web
    Directions: Browser
    Mapping Type: Google Maps
    I have the same setting on my SPCS 700p. No matter what I try, I cant get GoolgeMaps to pull up, it always reverts to MapQuest.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I tried both ways

Creator ID :_____

then i tried it using the Novarra browser

Creator ID : NWEB

same thing i get mapquest for driving directions and google if i hit map when looking at say the results for a lookup.
    On my Treo 700p, it pulls up google maps with Blazer and the 5-way works with it. Ben
    Same here...Sprint 700p, Google Maps, and it works great...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Wow, Google maps are WAY more detailed plus easier to read as compared to MapQuest on my Treo 650. This is excellent.

A few things though:
    1) it would be great if the numeric fields such as 'search by phone number' and zip codes went into num-lock automatically.

2) In the Directions stuff, how does the 'Contacts' button work? It takes me to contacts and I can find the entry I want, but I haven't found a way to bring the address data back to D.A. Any hints here, or is it not working?

Thanks!
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Is ANYONE on Cingular getting it to use Google?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Is ANYONE on Cingular getting it to use Google?
    I have a 650 on Cingular. Google and MapQuest Maps are both working for me. My only issue is that the fonts on the Google maps are too small to read.

Edit: Switching to "Wide Mode" in my Blazer settings enlarges the maps. I have to scroll to see the whole map, but the font is much larger and easier to read.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Odd that it works for some and not others. Maybe a conflicting app is the culprit. When I tried to uninstall and reinstall using Uninstall Mgr, it seemed to couple 4cast with DA, asking if I wanted to delete 4cast. I said no, but was wondering if others having issues run 4cast? Maybe something to do with the fact they both display maps. Just a stab in the dark...could be something or could be nothing at all.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    May have solved part of the mystery. It's all about which part of DA you're using. Looking up maps with Biz and Res. pulls up google, but driving dir. pulls up mapquest. Anyone else experience this?
    Bingo....driving directions does not get google maps for me (Cingular). The other two parts do draw from Google.
    Now if I could get Google maps to show me a picture instead of a red x....I'd be somewhere...
    Has anybody found a way to go to 'Contacts' from the directions screen and bring back an address?

Paste doesn't do it, nor does anything else I've tried.

ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    Has anybody found a way to go to 'Contacts' from the directions screen and bring back an address?

Paste doesn't do it, nor does anything else I've tried.

ChickenHawk
    Just click on the name once inside your address book and it will import the address to the Directions screen.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    dwman and MVT; hofs1 already kind of discovered that, twice, in posts 18 & 22, but others seem to have overlooked what he was saying.

Chickenhawk; are you using KeySuites or another type of database for your contacts? Works fine for me, and I am using the built-in Contacts rather than any third-party software for contacts.

Sean
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    So i gues its back to kmaps for turn by turn directions and d/a for everything else

at least others are now geting what im getting and now i feel better
    OK, I feel silly. I must have been experimenting with contacts that have no address info. When I tried it on an appropriate contact it worked properly.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
  17.    #37  
    Is there something wrong with Mapquest's directions?

I never intended to switch to Google for that, just Maps.

Quote Originally Posted by hofs1
    So i gues its back to kmaps for turn by turn directions and d/a for everything else

at least others are now geting what im getting and now i feel better
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt
    Is there something wrong with Mapquest's directions?

I never intended to switch to Google for that, just Maps.
    No nothing wrong with it at all. it started out as a "Why am i getting mapquest results when i told it to use google for all mapping results" we just didnt know thats how it would work. i do like google for directions better than mapquest but on a pda either is fine kmaps works so well when u ask for turn by turn directions since it pulls up a map of the roads/turns and directions all at once plus it retreives more maps when needed. (Kmaps is the poor mans version of GPS without an actual GPS unit) DA is still the best for QUICK results period!!!!!
    Is this a bug?

When searching for a business, fill in the business name, city, state, and check "search surrounding areas" a warning message popups up that states that I left the city blank.

I don't get it if I turn off "search surrounding areas", or if I turn off the warning in the preferences.
  20.    #40  
    The warning is actually: "You left city empty or included surrounding area - are you sure?"

This is as designed, since if you do either, you are possibly going to get a large number of responses (multiple pages). You can turn this warning OFF by unchecking "Warn on Empty City" in preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSongBird
    Is this a bug?

When searching for a business, fill in the business name, city, state, and check "search surrounding areas" a warning message popups up that states that I left the city blank.

I don't get it if I turn off "search surrounding areas", or if I turn off the warning in the preferences.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast