1.    #1  
    How do I see the system info as it is now? I want to see what OS is running on it, and firmware and that kind of thing.

Then after I do the fat32 update, I want to be able to see that it took. Where do I find this information on my VZW treo 650? Should I upgrade the firmware, and/or OS? I just got this phone from ebay, so I dont know it's history. I'm afraid it might be ages behind in new updates...is this a worry I should have? Thanks guys!!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    For firmware version etc try:
    1. Go to the phone app
    2. Menu - Options - Phone Info

You may want to visit the support section of the Palm site to make sure that you're on the latest firmware.

As for the Palm OS itself, it's not upgradable and I don't believe there were any 'patches' issued.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    FAT32 can be installed with a custom ROM. Search, there's a thread on it somewhere.

4.    #4  
    I am creating a custom ROM, but I am having a hard time reading where it says to look to make sure the fat32 upgrade took. There must be a place in my phone where I can tell that isn't there?

I have read around a lot, and read where people have done the FAT32 upgrade a ton, but I can't find much of anything on the actual upgrade process. I did find the file FAT32.prc, so I'm assuming all you do is switch FAT32.prc in for FATFS.prs. I tried that once and my phone just kept looping the bootup, so I was wondering if I did anything wrong.
  5.    #5  
    I have tried 2 times now to replace those two FAT__.prc files, and everytime I put the 32 in my ROM, my phone just loops. Am I missing a step somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by caminator
    How do I see the system info as it is now? I want to see what OS is running on it, and firmware and that kind of thing.

Then after I do the fat32 update, I want to be able to see that it took. Where do I find this information on my VZW treo 650? Should I upgrade the firmware, and/or OS? I just got this phone from ebay, so I dont know it's history. I'm afraid it might be ages behind in new updates...is this a worry I should have? Thanks guys!!
    If you go to Apps and choose Info from the pull down menu you may be able to piece together some useful info. I don't know if this was the type of thing you were looking for though.