Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Just got my 700p (food chaining a 650 to an employee).

Hooked it up via PAM to a PC and used dsl reports. I get about 650k down but only like 40k up?

I can't find any phone native tests that test both download and upload. What are other people seeing for upload speed?

Thanks
    Mark F Chinsky
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Through PC, can't seem to test any faster than 60kps.. Is that normal? I get 650k down.
    Mark F Chinsky
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    yes, please don't post multiple threads.

Generally speaking, upload on EVDO is pretty poor, yes. It's aggravating.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Sorry about the multiple posts. I just got the phone and didn't seem to get any response and you know how you get like a kid in a candy store in day one.

In addition, there were different, but related questions.

That being said, trust me, I searched treocentral and google and could only find download speed tests with dslreports which seems to be too tied to the speed of blazer and is download only which means I couldn't find any threads by searching "upload" that related to this issue. I think my problem was I was searching on Powervision (wanted to keep it sprint specific) and the results are around EVDO.

Everything I found in google was "puff" pieces on how great powervision is but sprint never talks about the actual speed (probably because it vary's so much).

Spent about 1.5 hours searching, was like 12am and that's when I tried here...knowing I was going to get yelled at, but hey, I got my answer...
    Mark F Chinsky
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Thanks for taking the constructive criticism instead of pulling an attitude about it. Glad you got your answer.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    I'm probably thread-hijacking a bit here, but the search thing is always interesting to me. I feel like I'm a pretty good searcher, do a good job of finding stuff. But it always seems like there's that one magical page or thread that directly address what I'm looking for and I just manage to miss it sometimes. Guess it's on my mind because I just switched to an evdo phone myself (700w) and I'm in the new spot of needing to find new information about Treos.

Back on topic: I'm not impressed with the upload speed on Verizon's EVDO either.