1.    #1  
    When the phone is replaced by lockline with a $50 deductible, is it considered a new phone for warranty purpose (even though it may be refurbished) ? I mean does the lockline replacement phone comes with a year warranty or it goes from the original Treo ?
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by neilweinrib
    When the phone is replaced by lockline with a $50 deductible, is it considered a new phone for warranty purpose (even though it may be refurbished) ? I mean does the lockline replacement phone comes with a year warranty or it goes from the original Treo ?
    I believe I recall that it used to be 90 days from Sprint if you discontinued your insurance, and if the phone was already over a year old. But things appear to be changing in that department so I'm not at all sure about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by neilweinrib

If you go through lockline the standard Sprint warranty doesnt change. Sprint still covers the first year since the phone was purchased. The best bet is to go through Sprints 1 yr warranty first so you dont get charged the $50 bucks.

Lockline allows you 2 replacements per year. Every replacement has 30 day warranty. You can replace within those 30 days and will count as just 1 replacement. Once you past that 30 days and request another replacement, then that's considered your 2nd replacement.

Either replacement will most likely be a refurbished phone. I'm not sure what you mean by will it be considered new.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Verizon had me on asurion instead of lockline. They replaced my 700p with a new one, box, battery, charger, headset, and all. I wouldn't expect a refurb under an insurance replacement, especially with a 50 dollar deductable, they are insuring your loss of property. Just my opinion and experience. I would also expect the full one year warranty to apply as well on a replaced unit, especially, if it is a new as opposed to a refurb.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    With Sprint anyway, there is no reset of the 1-year warranty in my experience. That said, I would recommend going to a Sprint store before contacting Lockline directly.

My experience:
    - First 650 lasted 33 days before the P key and down directional crapped out. Took it to a Sprint store and exchanged it for a refurb.
    - Refurb lasted 354 days before the P key crapped out (note it's more than 1 year after orig. purchase but less than 1 year after replacement - albeit not a Lockline replacement). Took it to a Sprint store and tried to exchange under warranty. No go. Then told them I had Lockline, and they told me to come back in 2 hours.
    - Came back in 4 hours to receive the same device with a new keyboard for no charge. This device is going strong 6 months later (as I type this post on it).

Morals of the story:
    - Refurbs may well last longer than new devices.
    - Sprint will (may) replace or repair the phone at no charge simply because you have Lockline, without actually activating a Lockline claim.
    - Sprint stores can repair/replace your phone much quicker than Lockline if you aren't steadfastly opposed to refurbs.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Lockline allows you 2 replacements per year. Every replacement has 30 day warranty. You can replace within those 30 days and will count as just 1 replacement. Once you past that 30 days and request another replacement, then that's considered your 2nd replacement...
    That's important to know.
  7.    #7  
    If you do not mind, can you please give me link for this info about 2 replacement allowed one year ?

I
  8.    #8  
    If you do not mind, can you please give me link for this info about 2 replacement allowed one year ?

I was told about 2 replacement in the life of my contract.

I was in my 2nd yr of treo 650 and I received what it looks like a new treo from lockline. Will it have 1 yr of warranty ?
    I had an issue (bad keyboard keys also) that Sprint Stores and their Customer Service wanted to charge $55 for, even though it was still under warranty and I had insurance. I later found out that if you have the insurance they *aren't* supposed to charge for fixing it, but it took a while for them to acknowledge that.

Anyhoo - I ended up calling Palm about it, and they told me that they consider *all* non-functioning keyboards "not covered under warranty" because it's assumed you dropped them. Apparently, they must drop a lot of the Treos at the factory, because I know a *lot* of people have malfunctioning keys without any drops on *their* part (and how does one "drop" a Treo and show no physical damage except a key that doesn't work properly?).

After pushing the issue Palm relented and sent a refurb, but be aware that although they are an option for honoring the warranty - they aren't very forthcoming. Maybe if more people complain about the "bad keys" issue they won't be able to hide out behind "user caused by drop."
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Because I pay Sprint the TEP insurance, each time my Treo has malfunctioned (3 times now) I have just walked into a Sprint store and they have handed me a replacement. The reps have told me this in-store replacement does not affect Lockline at all. I still get my Lockline replacment (with the deductable) if I do the exchange through Palm.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  11.    #11  
    Hi Heberman;

R u talking about replacement by Sprint in first year Or after warrantly has expired ?
    After the warranty expired.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!