Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    Unlimited SMS was part of my old plan, but I switched to SERO with my 700P a month or so ago. Had retentions throw in free unlimited SMS.

    First month, bill didn't credit SMS at all. Called, the $15 was manually credited and was told account was tagged with a code to ensure it would be free going forward. Next bill comes in and I only have $8 credit for the SMS service. Rep I'm speaking with can't find a code to tag for the $15 credit, only an $8 credit, so I drop my plan down to the 500 SMS for $8 to ensure there's no fees.

    However, I've seen many here post that they received unlimited Sms for $0 each month from retentions. Anyone who has seen the $15 credit applied to their bill each month? Anyone willing to help me determine what code was applied to their account so I can pass along to the rep I'm dealing with? I'm dealing with a rep that called me to work out multiple billing issues after I had complained to Sprint management -- this is not a retentions rep, but an executive resolutions person that I can call directly.

    I know it's asking a bunch, as it would take a call to Sprint, but perhaps if those that are getting the credit could pm me your phone numbers that I could point her to for review so she can pull the code herself (though I don't know if she would review someone elses account without some sort of authorization), or perhaps if someone would be willing to spend 5 minutes on the phone with this rep to have her peek at your account for the code.

    Any assistance appreciated.
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  2. msSwitch's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #2  
    I was told by Sprint that the EVDO plans don't offer unlimited SMS. I had a legacy plan that included it but lost that on one phone (Treo 700P) when I upgraded to EVDO. My son's non-EVDO phone on the same account still has the unlimited SMS.
  3. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #3  
    From what i know, they set up your account with the $15 unlimited SMS and then add a code for a recurring $15 credit. At least that what they are supposed to be doing with my account.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  4. #4  
    1. This should be in the Sprint forum.
    2. Like everyone else has said in all of the previous threads there, keep calling and sooner or later you get what you want.
    3. Dont give up...Keep the rep on the phone, and they will figure a way to do it.

    Case in point...same situation as you...the rep told me to talk to retentions and that she would transfer me. I just kept telling her that I didnt want to cancel (I knew that retentions wouldnt just give it to me without a hassle)...I asked her if she could speak with retentions to explain the situation before transfering me. After going back and forth few times each of us saying the same thing, she gave in. She put me on hold and spoke to retentions for me.

    I had asked for 100 free a month (i dont use it much, maybe just 10 txts a month) and apparently that code was no longer there so now i have 500 free.

    Obviously you wont have the same exact response form your rep, but just go with the flow. Alos keep in mind that if you have the cheapest level of SERO you wont get as far with a rep. The more money you give them the better they treat you.
  5. #5  
    I got the unlimited SMS grandfathered in. When I got the 700, they gave me unlimited SMS (cost = $8) and issue an $8 credit each month.
  6. #6  
    When I up'd to the 700p from the 650 (still kept the 650 set up and in use also), I got hit an additional $5 for everything - unlimited text messaging and internet and picture mail, all that stuff. So both devices have it. Wouldn't be without it. The only thing I do not use is picture mail.

    Ben
  7. samboy's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford
    Unlimited SMS was part of my old plan, but I switched to SERO with my 700P a month or so ago. Had retentions throw in free unlimited SMS.

    First month, bill didn't credit SMS at all. Called, the $15 was manually credited and was told account was tagged with a code to ensure it would be free going forward. Next bill comes in and I only have $8 credit for the SMS service. Rep I'm speaking with can't find a code to tag for the $15 credit, only an $8 credit, so I drop my plan down to the 500 SMS for $8 to ensure there's no fees.

    However, I've seen many here post that they received unlimited Sms for $0 each month from retentions. Anyone who has seen the $15 credit applied to their bill each month? Anyone willing to help me determine what code was applied to their account so I can pass along to the rep I'm dealing with? I'm dealing with a rep that called me to work out multiple billing issues after I had complained to Sprint management -- this is not a retentions rep, but an executive resolutions person that I can call directly.

    I know it's asking a bunch, as it would take a call to Sprint, but perhaps if those that are getting the credit could pm me your phone numbers that I could point her to for review so she can pull the code herself (though I don't know if she would review someone elses account without some sort of authorization), or perhaps if someone would be willing to spend 5 minutes on the phone with this rep to have her peek at your account for the code.

    Any assistance appreciated.
    I was in kind of the same boat except I got the unl sms added before I switched to SERO. I feel like I took full advantage of my situation...I had an old $30 300 minute free and clear plan with 8pm night and weekend. Called retention and ordered a 700p, and got them to notate that my plan would be switched over "INCLUDING THE $5 SMS" I knew this couldn't be done so I got them to notate it. Sure enough, when I try to activate the phone, my $5 unl SMS cannot be transferred....They tried and tried and eventually said, I can give it to you for free...<me>"Giddy Up"....So, They notate and code on my plan the $8 credit for UNL SMS...I then get switched to SERO....My first bill comes...$8 credit, but no SMS option selected on the plan....$21 in SMS overages.....Along with a $150 cancellation fee (wierd, but I think it had to do with me getting a new phone and then switching plans to SERO)....Anyways, they take care of the $150 credit, and then they tell me that my UNL SMS wasn't set up correctly...She proceeds to leave the $8 credit on there and then code my account with the $8 unl SMS option.....BEAUTIFUL!!!

    Currently, I have heard you cannot add $8 UNL SMS anymore, like not even an option anymore... I can't give out my phone number because my plan is so new that I don't even like to give customer care my number when I have an issue. (mainly because I am afraid they will take my plan away) I am still actually in disbelief that SERO plans are even possible- Currently my favorite vision website is PLAN OVERVIEW....(sad but true) It literally took me weeks to get the nerve up to call and have the $150 cancellation fee removed. Good luck in your quest, but it sounds to me like JULY was THE MONTH for plan changes! Sprint's earnings report today certainly didn't help things! Keep us posted on your progress and Good Luck.
    Last edited by samboy; 08/03/2006 at 09:33 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet
    1. This should be in the Sprint forum.
    2. Like everyone else has said in all of the previous threads there, keep calling and sooner or later you get what you want.
    3. Dont give up...Keep the rep on the phone, and they will figure a way to do it.

    Case in point...same situation as you...the rep told me to talk to retentions and that she would transfer me. I just kept telling her that I didnt want to cancel (I knew that retentions wouldnt just give it to me without a hassle)...I asked her if she could speak with retentions to explain the situation before transfering me. After going back and forth few times each of us saying the same thing, she gave in. She put me on hold and spoke to retentions for me.

    I had asked for 100 free a month (i dont use it much, maybe just 10 txts a month) and apparently that code was no longer there so now i have 500 free.

    Obviously you wont have the same exact response form your rep, but just go with the flow. Alos keep in mind that if you have the cheapest level of SERO you wont get as far with a rep. The more money you give them the better they treat you.
    Probably right about the Sprint forum, I posted here because of all the retention deal threads in this forum. Mods, please move as appropriate

    With regard to the deal, they already agreed to give it to me, and it's noted in the account that I should have free unlimited SMS, which typically costs $15 a month. Problem is, last two billing cycles haven't shown a $15 credit, and the research she's done on various codes is that there used to be a code to waive the $15 fee, but now the only code they have is for an $8 credit for SMS, which = the $8 fee for 500 SMS messages (same as you were offered).

    Mind you, I got a decent deal from retentions: SERO 1250 and 500 min plans, 7pm nights thrown in for both lines, 10% off both lines, the 700P for $299 and the A900 for free. But if someone can point to the fact that they are actually seeing a $15 credit for unlimited SMS each month, it would be helpful to know. Not that you have been offered that deal, but that you are actually seeing it reflected in the invoice.
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  9. samboy's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #9  
    Never heard of the $15 credit...Only the $8 one.
  10. #10  
    I don't think there is a code for SMS $15 credit, but there is a code for $8 for unlm SMS. so with the code for $8 unlm SMS and code for $8 SMS credit you should have free unlm SMS
  11. samboy's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #11  
    I had a free vision credit that took a couple of billing cycles to show up. just send ecare an email every time your bill comes saying, "hey, what gives? I'm supposed to have free sms..." my guess is that it will eventually show up, and if not, ecare will get tired of doing it manually and figure out a way to fix it. Heck, you might as well act like its a huge hassle to keep emailing them about the service they offered you and try to get FIMF free.
  12. #12  
    I just fought this battle with the retentions department. I gave in initially and accepted their unlimited texts for $8 offer. But I gave it some thought and didn't find that it was satisfactory (I had unlimited texts for free with my 650). I called retentions again and the lady tried to give me some song and dance about my PCS Vision plan expiring when I upgraded to the Power Vision (I understood my plan was changing). Therefore, my free texts went with it. Thats when I explained that the SMS was not tied into the PCS Vision and its abilities have not changed whatsoever with the new Power Vision. It is still exactly the same service. In fact, this is evident in that if you choose not to pay for the Power Vision you still have the option of SMS texting. After having to spell it out for her, and listen to her terrible analogies, she finally gave in and gave me free unlimited text. Now, I haven't received my newest bill since then, so I'm still holding my breath. So, as others have mentioned before, don't give up until you're satisfied. Even if it means hanging up on one representative just to call back and try a new one.
  13. samboy's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #13  
    my $8 monthly credit will supposedly expire in 2 years....not sure if its possible to have it forever. let me know if you manage to get it. I am relieved to know that even if I do end up having to pay for it eventually, $8 seems much better than $15. hopefully I can just sign a new agreement to continue receiving the credit.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by yuyjust
    I don't think there is a code for SMS $15 credit, but there is a code for $8 for unlm SMS. so with the code for $8 unlm SMS and code for $8 SMS credit you should have free unlm SMS
    I think this may be the ticket -- it may be a different product code vs a credit code. Do you have unlimited SMS for $8 vs the $15 currently assigned to that product (I think the step ups are $5 for 100, $8 for 500 and $15 for unlimited)? Anyone have unlimited priced at $8?
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  15. #15  
    Proofenstein:

    http://tinyurl.com/farzn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  16. #16  
    I do!

    No credits, just free unlimited!

    When a got my 700p I just called my business rep and did an ESN swap and kept my old Free & Clear America plan with my discount.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    gfunk, was this added fairly recently?
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford
    gfunk, was this added fairly recently?
    It's an old voice plan, but yes the SMS parts were added a few weeks ago when I noticed charges for SMS once I switched to the 700. A call to retentions saved the day.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  19. #19  
    yea i tried the esn swap way when i got my 700p but like 2 wks later i looked at my usage and had 1200 extra sms messages. they had automatically put me on the $15 vision wit no sms. But i called up retentions and told them my situation and they say my old grandfathered vision $10 free sms, picture and video mail. So they gave me $10 power vision and $8 unlimited sms wit a $8 credit every month.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209
    I got the unlimited SMS grandfathered in. When I got the 700, they gave me unlimited SMS (cost = $8) and issue an $8 credit each month.
    That's the same thing that they did for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions