Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nope... not possible to my knowledge
    -jscott
  2.    #22  
    Thanks for adding your thoughts, copernicus. No, I haven't figured this out but I'm not feeling much love from BitsnBolts and I haven't been able to crack this myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    Nope... not possible to my knowledge
    So do you think the only answer is to delete Fonts4OS5 and TextPlus? I wasn't sure if you were referring to that in your post.
    Last edited by copernicus; 08/19/2006 at 12:13 PM.
    To my knowledge...(and i've been researching this for a couple weeks now) you have to delete them if you don't want the resets...

i wasn't getting any help from BnB either, and customer service is very important to me... not just getting what i want, but communication - so i dropped Backupman and with with Resco Backup...

love the program... much more professional UI and feel and it works flawlessly with Fonts and FontSmoother installed...
    -jscott
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    To my knowledge...(and i've been researching this for a couple weeks now) you have to delete them if you don't want the resets...

i wasn't getting any help from BnB either, and customer service is very important to me... not just getting what i want, but communication - so i dropped Backupman and with with Resco Backup...

love the program... much more professional UI and feel and it works flawlessly with Fonts and FontSmoother installed...
    Thanks. I also am using Resco and so far so good. Besides Resco Backup, Resco Explorer is really a great file manager, launcher (and more) which can do manual backups very smoothly and complements RB nicely; it's much easier to use and more powerful IMHO than FileZ, which I have used for years and will keep on the Treo. There is a deal on these programs when purchased directly at Resco (rather than PalmGear) where one can save a few bucks. Nice programs all around (Resco Viewer is also very nice but less important).

I installed BackupBuddy 4 Beta a few days ago and it did reset before it completed the entire backup, but afterwards, it completes the backup on the second try, and it does the middle of the night backups without resetting at all. It has some seemingly dramatic improvements over the previous version. I already purchased Resco but was thinking I might pick up BB as well to be doubly insured as the loss of one critical file is something I don't want to go through (ever again). Since I already have RExplorer and backup regularly using Palm Desktop, it's probably overkill. Though I have done individual program restores from all of these, I still have not had the necessity to do a hard reset so I cannot comment on that yet.
    Last edited by copernicus; 08/20/2006 at 12:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I have used BackupBuddy VFS for a long time and it has been reliable.
    Numerous times I have done full restores with good results.

The only drawback is that BackupBuddy does not restore VoiceDial, nor does it restore Java/Opera Mini.
    Java, in particular, must be completely reinstalled and set up again.

I just tried Resco Backup.
    At first, I was getting a lot of crashes a various stages of the backup.
    Eventually, I fine tuned things so that I not only locked the default selections into memory, but I added other applications such as YAHM, and LudusP.

I also checked: "Prevent DbCache Fragmentation" and "Flush DbCache after Backup."

Voila..
    Not a single crash since.

I tested by doing a hard reset and full restore.
    Perfect.
    Including Java/Opera Mini and Voicedial.

Resco Backup is now my primary backup program; although I keep BackupBuddy VFS on 1 scheduled backup daily just in case....

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jt999
    I have used BackupBuddy VFS for a long time and it has been reliable.
    Numerous times I have done full restores with good results.

The only drawback is that BackupBuddy does not restore VoiceDial, nor does it restore Java/Opera Mini.
    Java, in particular, must be completely reinstalled and set up again.

I just tried Resco Backup.
    At first, I was getting a lot of crashes a various stages of the backup.
    Eventually, I fine tuned things so that I not only locked the default selections into memory, but I added other applications such as YAHM, and LudusP.

I also checked: "Prevent DbCache Fragmentation" and "Flush DbCache after Backup."

Voila..
    Not a single crash since.

I tested by doing a hard reset and full restore.
    Perfect.
    Including Java/Opera Mini and Voicedial.

Resco Backup is now my primary backup program; although I keep BackupBuddy VFS on 1 scheduled backup daily just in case....

Jeff
    Thanks for that report Jeff. I have not tried these tweaks which may indeed be very helpful.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12