Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Has anyone considered pursuing a class action lawsuit? It seems Palm is aware of the problem with the 700Ps, but no one seems to be stepping up to the plate to offer a fix.
    Nice. Well, the only light of hope is that the delay implies Palm is working on an update before a mass rollout of 700ps. That would lead me to believe that a fix is coming soon. Let's hope so.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    This is exactly why I have a hard time convincing myself to buy Palm's new versions of stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love the products and once they get the bugs worked out they are great, but they usually (just like many other companies I guess) have to go through several iterations to get it right.
    Funny, free ecards for weird situations. No registration required. - UncomfortableSituations.com

Pop culture hangman using Flickr pics - SearchVoyeurMan
    Why does everyone believe Digitimes as fact? They been proven time and time again to be just plain wrong. I do think there are bugs in the 700p software, but did any of you read this? They aren't in volume production yet? Really? Guess I missed those huge waiting lines at Sprint and Verizon. Oh wait, you can get one without any problem already!

Really folks, don't believe everything you read on the internet. Many of these "journalists" wouldn't pass the tiniest bit of source checking.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by thenewsguy
    Has anyone considered pursuing a class action lawsuit? It seems Palm is aware of the problem with the 700Ps, but no one seems to be stepping up to the plate to offer a fix.
    The only people that profit with class action law suits are the lawyers
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    And what exactly would you sue them for? A device that isn't as fast as you want it to be?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thenewsguy
    Oh goody, another $5 coupon for me and $50 million for the lawyers.
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
    Works now for Sprint. Seems like they waited just long enough to pull the $25 Amazon GCs from the program.
    This rumor has been started, and is being perpetuated, by those who wish to see Palm's stock price lowered.

They are working for Hedge Funds. Ignore this thread.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    my 700p isn't slow...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle
    my 700p isn't slow...
    Ditto, steer clear of versamail and it stays that way too!
    Mine isn't slow either. Glad others have good 700Ps.
    I've had two now (returned Verizon one and switched to Sprint) and neither were slow.

I did notice that the article seemed to have a writing style one might find in a high school newspaper.
    Slow production has nothing to do with pTunes skipping. They need to fix it in software.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Ditto, steer clear of versamail and it stays that way too!
    I use versamail and my 700p isn't slow.
    diane
    "class action lawsuit"

Rule of the internet - go to a message board that deals with a technology product and shortly after the release of a new version, along with its perceived flaws, wait for the first ***** to call for a class action lawsuit. The internet and it's denizens are nothing if not predictable.

I have a 700p, pretty happy with it, I guess I am in the minority here.
    Quote Originally Posted by StationA
    I have a 700p, pretty happy with it, I guess I am in the minority here.
    I do not think you are in the minority. I have complaints, but I still love it. Palm will get the bugs worked out as usual and it will be better than an amazing phone. It is great already.

My T650 from November of 2004 was pretty darn buggy too. But most of them worked out fine.

The 700p will be significantly better.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Slow production has nothing to do with pTunes skipping. They need to fix it in software.
    New version of ptunes supposedly fixes the skipping issue.

Version 3.1.6 7/31/06

Modification: Due to licensing requirements, remove WMA from trial version.
    Bug fix: Improve skipping on Treo 700p (#3246)

http://www.pocket-tunes.com/?page=overview
    New ptunes helps but certainly does not fix the problem. Mine still skips.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast