Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have had great success with my 700 since out of the box but I do believe their are problems with it and the people that are experiencing them. I also believe some of it may depend on the apps people are using so that is proof something is wrong because their shoudn't be a problem when using any applications. If I used the same apps as another person who seem to put their treo over the edge, I might as well have the same problem or a good number of 700's are worse than others...nobody knows, but for now with the apps I have loaded and what I use my 700 for it seems perfect...knock on wood.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I'm wondering who are the people that don't like Sprint support comparing them to. I just switched from years with Verizon, before that I had Cingular (I think Comcast at the time). In my experience Sprint has the best service of them all. Even compared to some companies I pay big $ for yearly support at work (WindRiver comes to mind). Other company that had good support was AT&T wireless.

No, they are not perfect, but even when the call gets droped, the CS calls me back!
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintsucks
    Unbelievable, how bad this has got. Handspring/Palm, whatever they call themselves these days is doing us zero favors.

1) Calling Sprint is like calling a brick wall. You get zero help. I've given up. I just try to hack it out on my own. No one there, can find their rearends with both hands and a flashlight, let alone solve my problems.

2) My 700P is junk.
    BT doesn't work. I can't do a BT sync, it won't give me a wireless connection, nothing. BT? Yeah, right. Bluenothing.
    Versamail? Versa this.
    The phone resets at random. I just look at it, it resets.

The idea of this phone is great. But this phone is not ready for prime time. Then, why on earth has Handspring/Palm assigned their critical support to Sprint? Has anyone there tried to use their support? Has anyone there tried to simply call them? When I call Sprint, most of my calls get disconnected. The only way I can get through to tech support is to plead with a customer service rep. to stay on the line with me, until I get connected.

What a bunch of whooey.
    A little disgruntled?
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90
    I'm wondering who are the people that don't like Sprint support comparing them to. I just switched from years with Verizon, before that I had Cingular (I think Comcast at the time). In my experience Sprint has the best service of them all. Even compared to some companies I pay big $ for yearly support at work (WindRiver comes to mind). Other company that had good support was AT&T wireless.

No, they are not perfect, but even when the call gets droped, the CS calls me back!
    I had similar improvements in service moving from Cingular to Sprint. It's also nice that I can call Sprint whenever I want, while I had to call within "Business Hours" for Cingular.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    A little disgruntled?
    Maybe...

cvela90: I don't think a CS has EVER called me back on a dropped call...you're lucky.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

NRG, my hats off to the best avatar I've seen yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    I had similar improvements in service moving from Cingular to Sprint. It's also nice that I can call Sprint whenever I want, while I had to call within "Business Hours" for Cingular.
    WHAT??? Sprint customer service is NOT available 24/7.

As for the few people singing the priases of the Treo 700p on this thread, I imagine your expectations of a $650 cellular phone are different than most. Or your tollerance for buggy software/hardware exceeds that of a mere mortal. Perhaps you can't bring yourself to admit that you spent so much money on this clunker and need to convince yourself that it works great (opposite of buyer's remorse). Perhaps your phones were blessed by God at the factory. I can't explain it, but you have to realize you are the very, very small majority.

I especially have a hard time believing anyone who claims that they've had no Bluetooth problems with this phone. Perhaps you've never used another BT phone and don't realize how BT is supposed to work. That the headset shouldn't disconnect after every phone call. Or that trying to pair your headset shouldn't cause the phone to freeze (or crash or restart) while the pairing is in progress. Or that if you walk out of the room and return, the phone should automatically reconnect. Or that when you answer a call it should not result in several seconds of dead air. These things were not a problem on the 650 but the 700p fails across the board.

Unfortunately, Palm/Sprint claim to be in complete denial of any BT problems. But if you call Plantronics tech support they are well aware of the problems with the 700p BT implementation and they will tell you that they are working to help Palm fix PALM'S problem.

If you casually read through this forum, you will see that the vast majority of people are having problems with this phone. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Regardless of the minority of people who claim this phone to be flawless, people who have not yet purchased a Treo 700p should be warned, loud and clear, that they are likely to have a multitude of problems with this phone should they waste their money on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho

If you casually read through this forum, you will see that the vast majority of people are having problems with this phone.[/B]
    I don't think your are being logical. If someone has a problem with their treo, then there is a 99% chance they will make a topic about it. Now tell me, how many topics here have you seen where the point is explicitly to point out how great the treo is?

Even if the majority of people had no problems with their treo, you would never know by just looking at the topics because there is no reason for them to make a thread.

Only way to find out is to do a poll. That way they have an actual reason to broadcast the fact that their treos are just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    Ditto...
    at&t iPhone3G
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    Thank you. Here is the sticker if you are interested.

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/iraq+ir...t_/fpt_/c_360/
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Ditto...
    And Thank You.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigDee
    I don't think your are being logical. If someone has a problem with their treo, then there is a 99% chance they will make a topic about it. Now tell me, how many topics here have you seen where the point is explicitly to point out how great the treo is?

Even if the majority of people had no problems with their treo, you would never know by just looking at the topics because there is no reason for them to make a thread.

Only way to find out is to do a poll. That way they have an actual reason to broadcast the fact that their treos are just fine.
    Now you are not being logical.

The Treo 700p is not like buying a Dell where every computer can be different from the next. Every Treo 700p is made the same. So with the exception of problems caused by third party software, when one person complains about a problem, they are speaking for every Treo 700p owner. Every 700p has the exact same buggy software and hardware.

Perhaps some people have a higher tollerance for this phone's many problems. And if they like, these people are free to start a thread to tell us that they can live with the phone's problems (or more likely that they don't use their phones in ways that trigger these problems).

But the bottom line is that there are inherent issues that affect EVERY Treo 700p. And some of these problems are serious. And some of these problems make the Treo 650 a superior phone.

The Treo 650 had a mountain of problems when it was new, and Palm eventually fixed them. There are thousands of 700p users praying that the problems we have will also be fixed with an upgrade. But some of the problems like Bluetooth are simply inexcusable in a production phone. I just don't understand how ANY phone manufacturer can screw this up so bad, and actually release a phone with these problems.

And Sprint deserves some of the blame here. As far as I know, they get final say on what they sell. Someone at Sprint should have demanded that the more glaring problems be fixed before the phone was released. Esepcially since Sprint has to deal with all of these tech support problems.
    Not every 700P is exactly the same. First one had an orange tint to the screen. Second one had a blue-green keyboard backlight, slowness affected the first three, fourth one couldn't connect to any Sprint service, fifth one unbearably squeaky keys, sixth one is fine so far.
    I like my 700p. (Sprint)

So far every one one of my BT devices (2 computers, BT headset and UConnect in my Jeep) has worked flawlessly. I'm a satisfied customer with my purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Not every 700P is exactly the same. First one had an orange tint to the screen. Second one had a blue-green keyboard backlight, slowness affected the first three, fourth one couldn't connect to any Sprint service, fifth one unbearably squeaky keys, sixth one is fine so far.
    Goodness...six is the charm. That is just plain rediculous when you think of how much this device costs. Think if people had problems like this with their PC's and Notebooks, the manufacturer wouldn't stand for it let alone the consumer.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Perhaps you've made the point I've been trying to make better than anyone could possibly make it.

They are all of course SUPPOSED to be the same. Orange-tinted screen is not a user-selectable option.

You would be jealous, my first screwed up Treo 700p was better than your first five. Now I'm afraid to trade it in for a replacement, I could go through five phones before I get another Treo 700p that has fewer problems than the one I have now. I hope the one you have holds up!
    Hehe, it was a bit of a hassle, but I only had to pay for the first one, the next five were all free reships and they even sent me return labels for the bad ones.
    my first impulse was to note that the opening post on this topic isn't serious.

but I think it is fair to say that for a $650 device there are many many serius problems. Bluetooth is not just an important function but one much cheaper phones universally handle better.

The issue of support being passed from palm to sprint and therefore blaming sprint for not having good tech support (which is clearly the case) is complex. I suspect that palm's own support and development team for the 700p's os has been thinned if not decimated in the spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho
    Now you are not being logical.

The Treo 700p is not like buying a Dell where every computer can be different from the next. Every Treo 700p is made the same. So with the exception of problems caused by third party software, when one person complains about a problem, they are speaking for every Treo 700p owner. Every 700p has the exact same buggy software and hardware.

Perhaps some people have a higher tollerance for this phone's many problems. And if they like, these people are free to start a thread to tell us that they can live with the phone's problems (or more likely that they don't use their phones in ways that trigger these problems).

But the bottom line is that there are inherent issues that affect EVERY Treo 700p. And some of these problems are serious. And some of these problems make the Treo 650 a superior phone.

The Treo 650 had a mountain of problems when it was new, and Palm eventually fixed them. There are thousands of 700p users praying that the problems we have will also be fixed with an upgrade. But some of the problems like Bluetooth are simply inexcusable in a production phone. I just don't understand how ANY phone manufacturer can screw this up so bad, and actually release a phone with these problems.

And Sprint deserves some of the blame here. As far as I know, they get final say on what they sell. Someone at Sprint should have demanded that the more glaring problems be fixed before the phone was released. Esepcially since Sprint has to deal with all of these tech support problems.
    If the problems are not relative to any extent then give me at least a partial list of the problems with the 700p. I don't want anything broad or general, I want exact detailed problems with the 700p. Go.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I love sprint. I hate Tmobile so much.
    Why doesnt the OP go down to a sprint store and replace that treo? I cant figure out.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast