Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am looking for Bible Software for my Treo 700p. Would like ESV, KJV, and possible NIV/NKJV data on it (at a min. ESV). Would like to add notes and have it able to sync with my desktop. I was researching a couple different companies but I would like to hear from actual users to get some feedback. Thanks in advance!

Also I would want the Data to be stored on the SD card. Only the app would be on the Handheld (but I think that is a given). Thanks again!
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    I use http://www.gmpsoft.com/ , I think they may have everything you're looking for and a quite reasonable prices. Best wishes.
    Communications is the toughest thing we do.
    unlocked Cingular (GSM) Treo 650, 1.51 firmware, 1.17 CNG software
    I use PalmBible+. It's free and flexible!
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  4.    #4  
    Can you install the prc to RAM and the pdb to the SD card? Will that work with gmpsoft? Thanks
    OliveTree. Might also want to take a look at this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...bible+software
    I use Olive Tree who have an incredible list of bibles. Their reader is superb and includes things like daily readings and concordance references.

They have a selection of free bibles and some that you pay for. I'm running with NKJV, NIV and The Message simultaneously. You can switch between them seamlessly.

I haven't tried the ones that other guys have recommended, but Olive Tree is powerful and I've been using it for 2 years.
    Lido
    Treo 650, UK
    Sorry, but I have always been a MyBible guy. http://www.laridian.com.

Right now, for $50, you can get the NIV Study Bible Bundle, which contains:

MyBible 4 program
    NIV Bible with Study Bible Notes
    The Message
    King James Version
    American Standard Version
    Darby's New Translation
    Young's Literal Translation
    World English Bible
    Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
    Easton's Bible Dictionary
    Nave's Topical Bible
    DailyReader program
    My Utmost for His Highest
    Spurgeon's Morning & Evening
    Daily Light on the Daily Path
    Laridian Reading Plans
    Memorize! program
    The Navigator's Topical Memory SystemóBasic Edition

Fifty bucks for all that is an amazing price. I mean, that's ike, what? Seven? Eight translations? Plus all the other stuff. I have no regrets paying for all that, as I like having a few different translations (though I only use about 3 of them) to look at, plus the commentary, plus the study notes, plus the daily devotionals, etc.

Never really tried the others so cannot comment on them.
    I have a question about apps for keeping up with your prayer list. Anyone point me in som good directions?

TIA.
  9.    #9  
    How do you exit out of PalmBible+? The Home key (on the 700p) takes me to personal notes? Thanks.
    This one may not have the feature you ask, but it is free as GPL licensed yet powerful and feature rich. PalmBible+ at http://palmbibleplus.sourceforge.net/

In Christ
    Forget to tell you. Yes you can have PalmBible+ in RAM and as many as 128 Bibles in SD.

In Christ
    headgamer - prayer list app sounds like a good idea. Give me some ideas of what you would expect it to do. I feel some developing coming on!
    Lido
    Treo 650, UK
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish
    How do you exit out of PalmBible+? The Home key (on the 700p) takes me to personal notes? Thanks.
    Can anyone answer this?
    Quote Originally Posted by lido
    headgamer - prayer list app sounds like a good idea. Give me some ideas of what you would expect it to do. I feel some developing coming on!
    Wow that'd be cool lido!

The stuff I would look for would be able to enter subject/need for the prayer - a title if you will, categorize prayers, enter notes for each prayer need, and be able to specify if prayer needs met or not and when it was met. Also, sorting the prayer list by answered/not answered would be cool. It sounds lke basic database stuff... but I'm not a developer. LOL

That's the basic needs... of course there's other "wish list" kind of stuff but that would be getting greedy...

Oh, and a bit of color would be nice. hehehe

I'll gladly beta test anything you come up with *hint hint* LOL
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish
    Option + Home
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    Option + Home
    Great! Thanks!
    Another vote for Laridian MyBible!
    I use MarkMyScriptures because of it's focus on LDS (Mormon) stuff. You can use a free version of the software which includes the KJV Bible. However, it is a bit buggy at times and the support could be A LOT better. I used to recommend it to everyone, but now only recommend it to people interested in LDS documents.

www.skimware.com
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I'm not a demanding user, but I'm very happy with Olive Tree
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Quote Originally Posted by NetMetro
    Forget to tell you. Yes you can have PalmBible+ in RAM and as many as 128 Bibles in SD.

In Christ
    And in different languages too! I have a few on my SD card and one in my ROM.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast