Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I like so much Agendus, but the last version is a bad version. It has so many bugs, bad templates form, problems with flights schedules, problems with vivid agenda, etc. In resume is incredible than Iambic go to version 11 and the customers we have to pay for this upgrade. This version update free is very expensive for us.
    Do you know when is the new update?
  2. #2  
    Very good question. I stil have version 9.06 and I'm leaving it that way till V11 has all its bugs fixed.
  3. #3  
    Probably better asked on their own forum.. but the next version is whenever they release it, as with most software. Most of the stuff you mention is mentioned on their forum, so either you're summarizing it here for our enjoyment or you're a fairly thorough tester.
  4.    #4  
    I saw at Mytreonet an upgrade for Agendus , but when I check with My Iambic I have not updates. Somebody Knows?. Thanks.
  5. #6  
    I use 10.02 and have no problems with it - been thinking of upgrading to 11 but I have also heard mixed comments.
  6. mszatny's Avatar
    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    #7  
    I tried 11.01 and it Hard Reset. I'm back to 10.07. Although I would like to eventually upgrade due to the Time Zone handling improvements.
    <img src="http://users.netropolis.net/mszatny/pics/bevo.gif" border=0>
    The Woodlands, TX

    Palm Pro > PalmIII > Visor Prism w/Omnisky>SPCS Treo300 > SPCS Treo600 >
    SPCS Treo650 > CNG Treo650 > Copper Treo680 > ATT Treo750 WM6 > iPhone 3G
  7. #8  
    I am using 11.01. I have not had any problems with resets. One problem I am having is that it is extremely slow. I have posted this in the Iambic forums, but did not get it resolved. It is still an issue.
  8.    #10  
    If you make money with updates, you must offer to your customer the best product. Not this. Version 11.01 is like a beta software.
  9. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by armevi
    If you make money with updates, you must offer to your customer the best product. Not this. Version 11.01 is like a beta software.
    I've been using 11.01 (upgraded from 11) for several weeks with none of the issues/problems that others have. Actually, no issues/problems.

    I don't consider it "beta", but obviously people are having issues with it. And I really can't stand whining and moaning with no constructive purpose, so:

    1. As with any Treo app, conflicts occur with other applications. The more you have loaded, the more likely you are to run into problems with any given app.

    2. Iambic support is good. The response time does tend to be slow, but when they do respond, they work with you. And they really do listen to user feedback on issues and suggested improvements.

    3. This is a minor version upgrade. Iambic is making no money with this update, unless you upgrade from an earlier version (10 or earlier). My upgrade was free. Major upgrades that add features (such as from 10 to 11)usually do involve a cost but usually at a reduced price for registered users.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
  10.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bheuss
    I've been using 11.01 (upgraded from 11) for several weeks with none of the issues/problems that others have. Actually, no issues/problems.

    I don't consider it "beta", but obviously people are having issues with it. And I really can't stand whining and moaning with no constructive purpose, so:

    1. As with any Treo app, conflicts occur with other applications. The more you have loaded, the more likely you are to run into problems with any given app.

    2. Iambic support is good. The response time does tend to be slow, but when they do respond, they work with you. And they really do listen to user feedback on issues and suggested improvements.

    3. This is a minor version upgrade. Iambic is making no money with this update, unless you upgrade from an earlier version (10 or earlier). My upgrade was free. Major upgrades that add features (such as from 10 to 11)usually do involve a cost but usually at a reduced price for registered users.
    Ok let me understand you, are you working with Iambic?. If not, I assume you do not have problem with this, you are a lucky customer, I have many problems with version 11.01 and not for other software than you said, It's Agendus problem. I use Agendus every day since version 10, is a good program, that's what I paid for it.
    But I can't Believe than Iambic goes to update version 11.0 and 11.01 MAKES MONEY and we do not say nothing. When I said than I have to pay for this, I Paid for upgrade, I paid for version 11.0. Internet is a free place for express my opinion and your opinion, if you like this version I respect this, in fact I am glad to hear. Not other customer are on the same way.
  11. #13  
    Hello everyone. I apologize for missing this post, and not replying sooner. Some of you may know me from the iambic forums. Over there my username is 'michael'

    I DO work for iambic. I DO actually use Agendus on a daily basis on my real Treo for real stuff, and it very seldom ever crashes, and it's not slow.

    What am I doing differently? Good question.

    The Treo has the potential for instability because its memory isn't protected. In other words, on application can affect the other's memory access. So it just takes one bad application to cause problems. Determining which one it is can be a tedious, trying task.

    Here's the deal. Agendus 11.01 runs seamlessly if itstalled by itself on the Treo, with no other applications installed. The problem with Agendus, and many other applications is compatibility with each other.

    Every one of us have many different combinations of applications installed. Any single one of these could be affecting the other. Since Agendus integrates 4 applications into one, that leaves it open to potentially more issues.

    I'll be more than happy to help anyone with specific issues with Agendus. The only way I can help though is to reproduce your environment. So I need the following:

    1. Device
    2. Agendus version/build.
    3. EXACTLY what you were doing that led up to the problem. I need simple 1, 2, 3 steps
    4. Every, yes EVERY other 3rd party application
    -Michael
    iambic, Inc.
    www.iambic.com
  12.    #14  
    Thanks for your reply, but I do not think is for other programs in my case. I have the same programs, I don't install new programs since version 11.0. When I had versions "10's", I don't have any problems. The problems is with versions "11's". I know than you know have problems with these versions, you must fix the problems. I didn't say never than Agendus is a bad program, It's a very nice program in fact I use every day, but version 11.01 is a disaster. Sorry for my opinion. When you use a program every day and works well and the company of the software goes to update, MAKES MONEY and the programs fails, you do not happy with this. I hope versions 11.02 fix the problems and everybody happy. Thanks again

    Quote Originally Posted by mcapehart
    Hello everyone. I apologize for missing this post, and not replying sooner. Some of you may know me from the iambic forums. Over there my username is 'michael'

    I DO work for iambic. I DO actually use Agendus on a daily basis on my real Treo for real stuff, and it very seldom ever crashes, and it's not slow.

    What am I doing differently? Good question.

    The Treo has the potential for instability because its memory isn't protected. In other words, on application can affect the other's memory access. So it just takes one bad application to cause problems. Determining which one it is can be a tedious, trying task.

    Here's the deal. Agendus 11.01 runs seamlessly if itstalled by itself on the Treo, with no other applications installed. The problem with Agendus, and many other applications is compatibility with each other.

    Every one of us have many different combinations of applications installed. Any single one of these could be affecting the other. Since Agendus integrates 4 applications into one, that leaves it open to potentially more issues.

    I'll be more than happy to help anyone with specific issues with Agendus. The only way I can help though is to reproduce your environment. So I need the following:

    1. Device
    2. Agendus version/build.
    3. EXACTLY what you were doing that led up to the problem. I need simple 1, 2, 3 steps
    4. Every, yes EVERY other 3rd party application
  13. #15  
    Nice response, Michael. It's nice to see you guys staying involved. Hopefully, you'll get some constructive feedback from the folks having problems.

    And, just so there aren't any doubts , I'm not an Agendus employee, but yes I am a satisfied customer. The couple of times I've needed support, I got a response and fix by posting the questions/problems in Iambic's forums.

    There are a couple of developers who provide little or convoluted support for their products. Iambic is not one of them.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
  14. eKeith's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #16  
    I've been using 11.01 since released and haven't had any resets directly related to it.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  15. #17  
    I have only had a few minor problems using Agendus after paying for the upgrade from 10.x to 11.x, but here you go (also posted over at Iambic). Overall, I am very happy with the program.

    1. Sprint Treo650
    2. Agendus Pro 11:31:25 Build 797
    3. See below
    4. KeyCaps, Butler, DA, OnCradleOn, pTunes, RescoView, RescoBackup, SplashMoney, SplashShopper, TCPMP, Uninstall Manager

    Problem 1
    A. Press any one of the hard keys I've remapped to start Agendus (in preferences, Launch & Buttons, I have "When started from launcher go to view ->Contact ->Last Mode). So after pressing the key, I start out in the Contact List view every time.

    B. Press any key to start search, let's say "m", and the "," symbol appears in the search field, at the top, next to the magnifying glass.

    C. Backspace over the symbol, press "m" and "m" correctly shows.
    *I'm no programmer, but it seems that the contact search field doesn't have focus upon start up and a double key press is registered somehow.
    *I use KeyCaps, so effectively upon initial press of the first letter Agendus recognizes a fast double press of the "m" key, producing the "," symbol. As long as I don't exit the contact screen, all subsequent key presses register correctly.

    Problem 2
    In Contact search, after pressing the first letter, let's say "m", the first line of the results has the text in white. Together with the light background color, either white, light blue or yellow, I cannot see the first contact on the list. If I select the first contact then press done, the first contact has a dark blue "select" bar, which allows me to read the name with white text.

    I originally thought the search was chopping the first result off the list until I looked REAL close at the results (nose to the screen) and could barely see that the result is actually there, albeit nearly invisible.
  16. #18  
    Problem 1: I cannot reproduce this. By what you're saying though, it sounds like your option key is active when you enter the first character. This could have to do with KeyCaps, I'm not sure. Regardless, it's not happening at all for me.

    Problem 2: We are aware of the white background. It's in our fixes list.
    -Michael
    iambic, Inc.
    www.iambic.com
  17. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcapehart
    Problem 1: I cannot reproduce this. By what you're saying though, it sounds like your option key is active when you enter the first character. This could have to do with KeyCaps, I'm not sure. Regardless, it's not happening at all for me.

    Problem 2: We are aware of the white background. It's in our fixes list.

    I have the same problem 1. If I turn off KeyCaps, then the problem goes away. I'm not sure if the problem is with KeyCaps or Agendus. It is very annoying anyhow.
  18. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall
    I have the same problem 1. If I turn off KeyCaps, then the problem goes away. I'm not sure if the problem is with KeyCaps or Agendus. It is very annoying anyhow.
    Well we can attempt to correct the problem, but since KeyCaps is technically a hack, they should be the ones to address the problem. Compatibility with hacks is not a top priority, since they're use is risky as it is.

    With all that said. I use a lot of hack-type apps too, so I do sympathize with you.
    -Michael
    iambic, Inc.
    www.iambic.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions