1.    #1  
    I went to the water part and put mu Treo 650 in a water resistant pouch and then in the pocket.

I still got the water damage. My treo is more than 1 year old now.

My American Express card (through which I bought) will cover this as long as the original warranty by Palm One / Sprint covers this kind of damage (liquid / water damage). They need some kind of documentation in writing about this coverage.

Can you please help ?
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your Treo didn't fail, but the water resistant pouch did.
    There is a clear differeence between water resistant and water proof. Think scotchguard jacket vs rubber coated rainsuit. Don't think PALM would cover that damage and they definitely wouldn't expressly put it in writing. Most of the language of warranties are purposely vague as to be able to deny virtually everything.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neilweinrib
    I went to the water part and put mu Treo 650 in a water resistant pouch and then in the pocket.

I still got the water damage. My treo is more than 1 year old now.

My American Express card (through which I bought) will cover this as long as the original warranty by Palm One / Sprint covers this kind of damage (liquid / water damage). They need some kind of documentation in writing about this coverage.

Can you please help ?
    PM me if you want to sell your Sprint treo. Eventhough I'm a GSMer, I'm interesting to have it for some experiments. Tks.
    Did you take it apart, dry it out, and see if it still worked? I don't know if anyone's seen water damage to that extent, but there are people who have dropped their Treo's into toliets and beer and did not have to get a new Treo...

If you still have insurance from Palm or Sprint, just E-Mail them or go to a Sprint store. There is no need to go through amex If you don't have insurance, then that's called fraud. Don't ask people to help you steal a Treo...

6.    #6  
    I told you that it will be covered by Amex if this kind of defect is covered by Palm or Sprint in first year. There is no fraud involved in it. Amex just wants some documentation for this kind of coverage which I have not been able to obtain it so far.
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Then you're out of luck, because you will never find documentation that says a Palm device is warrantied against water damage. While there are differences in the actual warranty language from country to country, for all Treo 650's the warranty always says:

EXCLUSIONS: This warranty excludes (1) physical damage to the surface of the product, including cracks or scratches on the LCD touchscreen or outside casing; (2) damage caused by misuse, neglect, improper installation or testing, unauthorized attempts to open, repair, or modify the product, or any other cause beyond the range of the intended use; (3) damage caused by accident, fire, power changes, other hazards, or acts of God;
    Water damage is defined as unrepairable under the discounted repair rates as well.

The problem is due to your negligence, not their design.
    There are two kinds of warranties: the basic one which covers defective units. Then there is the insurance you would pay extra for each month. Unless you are paying for insurance each month, you don't have any warranty coverage for water damage.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by neilweinrib
    I told you that it will be covered by Amex if this kind of defect is covered by Palm or Sprint in first year. There is no fraud involved in it. Amex just wants some documentation for this kind of coverage which I have not been able to obtain it so far.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't understand before. I thought you meant that it was covered by your credit card company only if the Sprint or Palm warranty was still active. My mistake. As the other posts said, you will have a hard time trying to get a written statement that your Treo would've been covered under the circumstances.