1.    #1  
    Hi all, I need a true audio line level out from my 700p. With Sprint's EVDO service I'm using it ALL the time to listen to internet radio in the car! It's totally amazing. Anyway, I want to bypass the internal amplifier and get a true line out, mostly for use in the car and best sound quality. What is the best, most secure, and durable way to do this?

Also, Is there any easier way to access bookmarks in pTunes? It's hard to find and click the bookmark icon at the bottom of the default pTunes skin, and I've tried other skins to no avial.
    Last edited by Ligament; 08/02/2006 at 06:41 PM.
    For bookmarks press K

as for a line out, you need to dissassemble the Treo to get access to the RCA audio jack built in internally....

J/K... what you see is what you get for audio, make your own adapters or buy what you need.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Usually you can pick up a simple "L" adapter from the TreoCentral store.
    It's just a few bucks.

As far as getting line level from it....well...
    I thought I saw someone selling a line out adapter that snapped onto the dock/sync port. I was just looking for it but I can't find it (anyone?)

One of the other bonuses (if I recall correctly) was the if you plugged in powered headphones you could still use the mic on the treo to talk on a phone call and listen through the headphones.

(This was NOT the "Seidio Audio-Out Coupler" that plugs into the headset jack)

I sure can't find this anywhere though. Can anyone help me find this?!?

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    heh... that Coupler, is what you have to buy, when you realize the impedence issues that will exist with EVERY device you plug it in to :> I have the Sedio sync plug audio adapter, that if you wanna buy, ill shave a buck or so off what other places charge, and blast it out to you... sadly, the Palm L adapater, and this, both suffer from impedence issues on my car setup
    on 700P I am still using "Freedom" app I purchased for T600 yrs ago. No adapters - audio plays thru headphone jack to my mp3 car stereo jack. works fine w/ Ptunes

hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by trragtops
    on 700P I am still using "Freedom" app I purchased for T600 yrs ago. No adapters - audio plays thru headphone jack to my mp3 car stereo jack. works fine w/ Ptunes

hope this helps
    I checked out the aforementioned app:
    http://software.treonauts.com/product.asp?id=1138

and it doesn't seem to address the impedence issue. It mainly allows someone to manage how audio out and ringtones are delivered.
    FOUND IT!!!!

http://mytreo.net/store/product.php?xProd=539

This is the audio out. It's not line out (sorry, my mistake). But I like the idea of not plugging it into the headphone jack (I don't want to break that one).

Gary
    Last edited by garylapointe; 08/07/2006 at 02:19 PM.
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    if you search the t600 board you should find a post re: radioshack splitter and POT. I tried this and Freedom better met my needs
    hope this helps
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garylapointe
    FOUND IT!!!!

http://mytreo.net/store/product.php?xProd=539

This is the audio out. It's not line out (sorry, my mistake). But I like the idea of not plugging it into the headphone jack (I don't want to break that one).

Gary
    I would email Seidio and ask if it compatable with the 700p. I thought Seidio was having trouble getting audio out from the connector. Thats why they 700p cradle using the audio jack and not soley the Athena(?) connector.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    how many of the responders here have a 700P? The 650 and 700P audio output behaves very different form each other.

I don't believe the 700P requires a coupler. I also do not think the audio adapter from seidio that plugs into the multi-use connector works.

The 700p seems to have a much simpler jack... you plug something in and audo atuomatically get routed to the jack. you actually may need a coupler to get stereo sound if your impedance is too high.

internal mic should work with any good qualiy stereo headphones for making phone calls.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligament
    Hi all, I need a true audio line level out from my 700p. With Sprint's EVDO service I'm using it ALL the time to listen to internet radio in the car! It's totally amazing. Anyway, I want to bypass the internal amplifier and get a true line out, mostly for use in the car and best sound quality. What is the best, most secure, and durable way to do this?

Also, Is there any easier way to access bookmarks in pTunes? It's hard to find and click the bookmark icon at the bottom of the default pTunes skin, and I've tried other skins to no avial.
    Heh...I'm surprised no one's mentioned this:

How much audio quality do you seriously expect to get from internet radio over a cell network?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    With EVDO?... You should be able to get some really damn decent sounding streaming internet radio, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz
    With EVDO?... You should be able to get some really damn decent sounding streaming internet radio, actually.
    Agreed. I listen to streaming audio at work all day through ORB and hook my treo up to my desktop PC speakers and get great sound quality (company policy doesn't allow streaming over corporate network so it's a good workaround).
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755