1.    #1  
    I have used handbrake to rip my DVD's into .mp4 and then I use Quicktime to convert to .mv4 for the iPod which gives awesome results. The Treo had been much more elusive to get the settings just right.

What I get some pixelation probably from the cpu in the phone not being able to keep up with the bit rate.

What settings are you guys using for bit rate, sound, and such?
    Device -> 700p
    The device grave yard:
    Newton MP120 -> Newton MP 130 -> Newton 2100 -> Nino 320 -> Palm IIIc -> Visor Prism -> Kyocera 6035 -> Dell X5 -> Dell X3i ->Treo 650
    I use vemode, as it has settings built in to change the format to the treo, among others.. very handy!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by unbreakableblue
    I use vemode, as it has settings built in to change the format to the treo, among others.. very handy!
    Okay then what bit rate, frame rate and video and audio codecs does that one use when you use the Treo format??
    Device -> 700p
    The device grave yard:
    Newton MP120 -> Newton MP 130 -> Newton 2100 -> Nino 320 -> Palm IIIc -> Visor Prism -> Kyocera 6035 -> Dell X5 -> Dell X3i ->Treo 650
    jeez, making me do work here... it uses a video bit rate of 400, audio rate of 64, frame rate of 23.98. the video codec is xvid and the audio is mp3. hope it helps!
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    No pixelation problems here with TCPMP using HandBrake:

Video
    Framerate: same as source
    Encoder: FFmpeg
    Quality: Average bitrate: 350 kbps
    2-pass encoding (although I get great results from 1-pass)

Destination: MP4 file
    Codecs: MPEG-4 Video/ AAC Audio

Audio
    Sample rate: 44100hz
    Bitrate: 128 kbps

Picture settings:
    320 x 240
    Keep aspect ratio
    Crop: Automatic