1.    #1  
    I was looking to get a TomTom 910, but I wanted to know if it is Bluetooth compatible with the 700P. Anybody try this combination?
    had a 910 before the windshield mount went south. the speaker phone works. the data didn't work with the treo out of the box it might with the hack people have posted on here. oh it didn't transfer your phone book over and I don't think the caller ID worked just notified you there was an incomming call
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. It sounds like the compatibility was minimal. Does the 910 come with its own voice dialing capability?
    I don't think so I think that function is with the phone you use because it work with my a900 which supported voice dialing over bluetooth. the 910 would do a lot of cool things with a cell phone if you could find a phone that supported everything the 910 would do.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    bigblue,
    You were able to get the speakerphone portion to work with the 910 and treo 700p? I just got the tomtom 910 for the wife and tried to pair my 700p with no joy. Was there a special trick you needed to do? I already set the 700p to discoverable in the bluetooth section.

thanks,
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by finnd View Post
    bigblue,
    You were able to get the speakerphone portion to work with the 910 and treo 700p? I just got the tomtom 910 for the wife and tried to pair my 700p with no joy. Was there a special trick you needed to do? I already set the 700p to discoverable in the bluetooth section.

thanks,
    I "borrowed" one for a week-long trip. Pairing it was a PITA and took several times to get it to work. It finally paired and it would perform dialing from the 910, speakerphone and caller ID. I did not transfer any contacts as I intended to return it after my trip (hence "borrowed" it...no need for lectures, it was an open box product so no harm done)
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    so it sounds liek just try and try again. I would really love to get that speaker phone to work. Thanks,
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Why not get the tomtom 6 for your treo. I bought the 910 and loved it but it wouldn't sink with my treo 650. I gave it to one of my salesmen and he loves it. I am trying to find the hardware to go with a new 700p with tomtom 6 that will allow me to have the whole thing wired to a handsfree cradle through my speakers. I have searched like crazy but I can't seem to find an elegant solution.
    Has anyone gotten plus services to work on a 700p and tomtom 910?

I was able to get both the hands free calling and data (plus services such as traffic) working on my treo 650 only days before the phone died. The sprint store was out of 650s and upgraded me to a 700p, but I can't seem to get the pairing to work properly. Even when the device says it is paired, the tomtom will dial a phone number on the treo, but it does not pick up the call through the hands free system.

The bluetooth settings on the 650 require turning DUN on to get data to work, but there is no setting like this on the 700. I was wondering if anyone was able to get traffic to work using USB modem, PDAnet or tethering on the 700.
    Well, I have some good news and some bad news...

I have been trying to find a stand-alone GPS unit that is compatible with the 700p for about a week now. The only one that says it's compatible on their website is the Magellan RoadMate 6000T. At first I tried the TomTom ONE to no avail. I exchanged it for the RM 6000T. My 700p would pair with it easliy and the hands-free calling worked on incoming calls great but the 700p wouldn't transfer the audio to the 6000T on outgoing calls. I don't like the Garmin units because they don't allow you to input an entire trip with multiple destinations. You can add waypoints, but not an itenerary. Lastly, I exchanged the 6000T for a TomTom GO 910. I had some pairing problems until I found this thread. I basically played around with the unit until I got the settings that the 700p liked.

I can now use hands-free calling for both incoming and outgoing calls. The 910 even says, Connected to 'your device name here', once it links up.

What I did: I disabled the wireless data. I think in it's search for the wireless data connection it screws up the BT connection. I had the 910 start searching for phones to connect to. After entering the '0000' and it was still trying to connect, I was in the BT manager on my 700p. Then I went to Setup Devices > Hands-Free Device > Known Devices and connected to the 910. It then asked me again for the PassKey and I entered it. Then the 700p told me that I was done. The 910 had a congratulations screen and after that it was good to go. Now I can turn off the GPS and turn it back on and the 700p sees it right away! Same thing if I disconnect the BT connection. Linking back up is not a problem.

The bad news is that I haven't been able to get the PLUS services to work yet. Sorry for the long post, but there were a few here that were trying to find out how everyone was able to connect so I wanted to share my experience.

Good Luck!