Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Pardon me if there are FAQs or previous threads describing how to do this. Most of what I'm reading is two months old, and relates to Bluetooth tethering. I would much prefer USB since I have an old PowerBook 1G Titanium without Bluetooth. Of course, I could add a USB-Bluetooth device, but I'm looking for less to carry around, not more.

At first, I signed up for the BroadbandAccess Connect for the extra $15 along with my voice and data plan. When I learned that VZ Access Manager was unavailable for Mac, I canceled the BAC option. Then I read about USB Modem in the Mac Cell Phone Yahoo Group and tried the demo. It works ok, but I don't have a strong enough EVDO signal to get great speeds. [Using the phone directly with good EVDO reception, I measured 387 kbps with the DSL Reports speed test. Do I need this software or is there another way to connect?

Also, I read about a hack in this forum: Tethered Mode Hack which suggests installing a file into the Treo's RAM. I'm wondering if this is necessary. Please advise.

Thanks,

Lou G.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    both the tethered hack and the usbmodem program (not free) should work regardless of which provider you're on.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treodub
    both the tethered hack and the usbmodem program (not free) should work regardless of which provider you're on.
    I've been uable to find any clear instructions on using the Tethered Hack with Verizon and OS X. The thread is 19 pages long. Are there any condensed FAQs?