Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Hi I recently purchased a REAL WEP200 headset however it doesn't work with my Nokia 6300. I'm NOT a newbie and I know how to pair bluetooth headsets with phones, and have already done so with 2 other SOny Ericsson and Nokia models using the same phone I have now. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to make the pairing process work...

Also, does the WEP200 work with the iPhone?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I just received my WEP200 in the mail today from Buy.com and I'm on the fence as to whether it's a counterfeit or not. The manual is bound, the box has a hologram ("Samsung ORIGINAL accessory"), the adapter snaps in firmly to the adapter, and the ear gels are two different sizes (M and L). However, the outer box has a white sticker "Ear Hook Included" and of course, there is an over the ear hook in the box. Is this a phony if it has the outer ear hook?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Just got an amazingly helpful email response from Samsung (I emailed them yesterday):

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your inquiry. The only way to verify that the headset is a genuine Samsung product would be to send it in.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Sorry to say, as I understand it, real ones don't have the ear hook. I bought one recently (it works great with by 755P by the way) and did some research through Google. I found an articles that help to identify counterfeits and there are some discussion at various places...

http://docfiles.blogspot.com/2007/05...g-wep-200.html
    TTFN
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeedle View Post
    Sorry to say, as I understand it, real ones don't have the ear hook. I bought one recently (it works great with by 755P by the way) and did some research through Google. I found an articles that help to identify counterfeits and there are some discussion at various places...

http://docfiles.blogspot.com/2007/05...g-wep-200.html
    Yeah, that's how I understood it too, although someone just posted on another forum yesterday that when they called Samsung, they were told that Samsung is now including an over-the-ear hook with the WEP200. I don't know whether to believe it or not. The clueless rep I spoke to didn't mention it to me.
    Fyi,
    I got my wep200 a few days ago from newegg and it appears legit. However, it did come with a thin earhook and a white sticker on the front of the box that stated "ear hook included". The charger would not work well until i figured the a/c plug was not pushed well into the charging case. The ear cover pads were crappy and I found some Jabra ear gels (similar to ones pictured earlier by Michelle) and they are great.
    As far as the Jabra Jx10 ear hooks are concerned, I ordered 2 of them yesterday from Jabra's website. They're free..just enter your info and they'll send you 2. I don't think i'll need them now, but better safe than sorry (especially for free). Just thought I'd pass along the good news. Good Luck.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Hey guys, I just ordered one from Amazon...hopefully it's real. After reading further reviews, I heard people with small ears were having the fit problems. Folks with larger ears said it fit great. True?

Maverick- I see they are 99 cents on Jabra's website. Where did you find them for free? Obviously I can pay 99 cents...just curious now.
    Last edited by gsxr150; 01/13/2008 at 11:57 PM.
    I purchased mine from amazon and it appears to be legit, has all the sealing stickers and the hologram...case says samsung, feels like a quality product...

but I can't get it to show up when I look for it on my treo...

I think I'm a n00b...I believe I have the treo update. I installed it and everything...so I don't know why it won't even SEE my BT headset...can anyone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuitarGuy View Post
    I purchased mine from amazon and it appears to be legit, has all the sealing stickers and the hologram...case says samsung, feels like a quality product...

but I can't get it to show up when I look for it on my treo...

I think I'm a n00b...I believe I have the treo update. I installed it and everything...so I don't know why it won't even SEE my BT headset...can anyone help?
    Did you follow the pairing instructions? You have to have it in pairing mode, you'll know your there because the LED stays on solid blue in pairing mode. To get there start with the headset off and press and hold the multifunction button until the LED stays on solid. Then it'll show up as available on your phone.
    nice, thanks! I followed the instructions, but it was a bit fuzzy on it being solid. I held it for 8 seconds, and that would just turn it on, I didn't know there was a pairing setting.

Thank you so much! I was getting bummed out.
    Ouch. Lost my charger. Could someone with a WEP200 please check their charger to see what voltage output it has?

I guess asking for the polarity where it arrives at the headset is asking for too much

Anyway,
    Thanks
    I had a Motorola 850 BlueTooth and it seem to die on me.
    The charger went first, then the headset started to go.

So I tried the Motorola 700, smaller and was suppose to be better.
    Had problems pairing it with the phone. When I finally got it to pair, it didn't work. Meaning that the 755P would have the bt registered but it never picked up a call when I opened the boom aka mic.

Returned it, saw the Samsung at a Sprint store in the mall. Figured I can get it cheaper, one of the small phone kiosk had a Samsung, didn't realize it was different until I open the box and it was the WEP 200 and not the WEP500 that I saw at the sprint store. Decided to try it out anyway and have no complaints.

Although its old and I would consider the WEP 700 because of its features, this little guy knocks the Motorola out the box. It paired quickly, with my 755P. It answers a call quickly, its clearer, and hold a charge longer. I'm also impressed with its stand by time, even if I forget to put it in its little coffin, it still maintains a charge. I can use the volume on the BT or on the Treo 755P and the Motorola one didn't do that.

I'm now convinced that Motorola is just a fancy name that makes inferior products. The Motorola Razor is another example of that. That phone was so flimsy and cheaply made no one carries that thing around anymore.
    I can't comment on how my new WEP200 works for me ... just got it from Amazon today - all signs point to it being a legit one & not fake ... it's been plugged in charged for over 8 hours & is still red ... took it out & tried to turn it on (nope), checked all connections, replugged into a diff. outlet & made sure end piece is pushed all the way in etc ... waiting another 2 hours and then sending it back I guess?! Any other suggestions?! Thx!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789