Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 173
  1. #121  
    Man...this earpiece is the best bluetooth for the 650!!! Where did you guys get the jabra eargels from?
  2. #122  
    adrenaline_rush ..... Check out message #61 and #93 in this thread. Someone found Phillips ear piece at Walmart that they liked. The other is from a unit found in Radio Shack that had Jabra ear gels.
  3. #123  
    Made and received quite a few phone calls today. First full day using the WEP200. Only 2 instances. Twice the person on the other end reported bad static, breakup, couldn't understand anything I was saying. (both of these calls were initiated by the caller). Other received calls were fine.
  4. fiya's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #124  
    i picked up a wep from a local store, box and everything looked real, took it home, tried and it sucked, bad! I knew something was wrong after reading all the good reviews everyone posted about it, so I went to compusa and picked up a real retail one, worked flawlessly!

    i suggest try returning it, or exchanging it, there's a pretty good comparison inbetween a real headset and generic, don't know if it helps, if it's a repost, sorry...

    http://www.eten-users.net/topic4958
  5. #125  
    I doubt I got a generic or fake from the Treo Store. Overall - I'm satisfied. Hopefully when Palm addresses the BT problem ..... <grin>
  6. #126  
    I don't know what the fuss is all about with this headset. I tried it with my unlocked 650 and the only thing good about it is the volume (due to it being an in-ear design). Otherwise, it wouldn't stay in my ear unless I jammed it in (and then it was painful to wear - Jabra eargels are a solution but they must be removed to fit the unit in the charger), holding the button for 4 seconds to turn the unit on/off is a pain, pushing the button twice for 2 seconds each time for a redial is a pain, and it took 3-4 seconds for it to connect on both outgoing and incoming calls (my phone had rung about 2-3 times before connecting meaning it is quite possible that the the phone could be answered on an outgoing call before connecting with the headset!).
    A Big Disappointment!
  7. #127  
    ^ is yours a real or generic one? where did you buy it?
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/134/3...6ef043568f.jpg
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/3...a77fd97375.jpg
    just got mine! such a nice headset. the sound quality is great. only problem was that it kept falling out of my ear. so i swapped out the stock rubber ear cover with a jabra ear gel and voila. it stays put. i hope this is a keeper...
    Michelle,
    Which Treo is that and is it pink? How did you do that??

    (Sorry to go off topic guys... )
  9. IIJBII's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    #129  
    Looks like some type of skin for the Treo, not an actual case....Just a guess.
  10. #130  
    hi christina, it's a sticker! got it on ebay!
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    hi christina, it's a sticker! got it on ebay!
    It looks really nice...I love everything pink!
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Thanks for the links. The one I received from newegg definately looked like the fake one. This really surprises me. I've been a customer of newegg for a very long time and have been very satisfied with their products and services. I RMA'd it last week and have already received my refund.
    Newegg Update:

    After I rma'd the headset I posted a negative review of this product on newegg's site. To make a long story short, I mentioned that the product was not an authentic Samsung unit, how I identified that it wasn't and that I've been a very satisfied newegg customer for a long time. Furthermore, I expressed that they should stop selling the Wep200 knock-offs.

    Today I received an email from newegg's product support. They apologized for any inconvenience and refunded my restocking fee. They also stated that the product has been removed from their site and the appropriate parties have been notified of what happened.

    Glad to see newegg has done the right thing.
  13. #133  
    Add me to the list of: "my red light won't turn to blue no matter how long I charge my unit"

    Put my WEP200 on charge this afternoon about 12:30pm. 6 hours later the light is still red. Has anyone "solved" this? Is the unit charged? (will test tomorrow and see how long the charge lasts)
  14. #134  
    Spoke to soon. About 1 hour later ... we have a blue light special.
  15. #135  
    ^ heh
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn View Post
    Add me to the list of: "my red light won't turn to blue no matter how long I charge my unit"

    Put my WEP200 on charge this afternoon about 12:30pm. 6 hours later the light is still red. Has anyone "solved" this? Is the unit charged? (will test tomorrow and see how long the charge lasts)
    I had this problem with the first WEP200 I bought.First the charger didn't fit properly-but I found a way so that it did fit and so that it would charge and it never turned blue.I returned it the next day-to get a new unit that the charger worked fine with and this NEVER turned blue.

    Turned out I had a fake-I went back and bought an authentic unit from a more reputable reseller (rather than the original store I'd bought the unit from) and within two hours it was fully charged,turned to blue and has worked great.

    The retailer where I got the fake returned my money but refused to believe that he was selling anything but authentic units-despite my demonstrating the proof that I had that led me to believe it was a fake.And he is still selling those in his store.

    This unit works just fine with my unlocked/unbranded 650.I prefer my Plantronics but love this unit for its size and functionality as well-so I switch between both.
  17. #137  
    GOTTA get me some o them "good" ear gels. The ones that come with this unit are not good (IMHO)
  18. #138  
    I'm glad you have one that is working as it should, but be advised that this defect has happened in units that aren't fake also!


    Quote Originally Posted by narbeauchamp View Post
    I had this problem with the first WEP200 I bought.First the charger didn't fit properly-but I found a way so that it did fit and so that it would charge and it never turned blue.I returned it the next day-to get a new unit that the charger worked fine with and this NEVER turned blue.

    Turned out I had a fake-I went back and bought an authentic unit from a more reputable reseller (rather than the original store I'd bought the unit from) and within two hours it was fully charged,turned to blue and has worked great.

    The retailer where I got the fake returned my money but refused to believe that he was selling anything but authentic units-despite my demonstrating the proof that I had that led me to believe it was a fake.And he is still selling those in his store.

    This unit works just fine with my unlocked/unbranded 650.I prefer my Plantronics but love this unit for its size and functionality as well-so I switch between both.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  19. #139  
    Where do you guys buy the WEP200. The authentic ones?
    All the bestbuys in my area are sold out.
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Where do you guys buy the WEP200. The authentic ones?
    All the bestbuys in my area are sold out.
    I ended picking the authentic one up at J & R-but I believe you can also order them online from J&R,haven't looked in the TC store here,and there's always the option of getting it direct from Samsung.At times my patience is minimal-so I chose to go the brick & mortar route,for many reasons.If I hadn't been under a time constraint at the time I probably would've ordered from one of the above and felt comfortable that I was getting the genuine article.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions