Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I bought it from newegg.com. So I seriously doubt it was fake.
    Newegg specifically lists it as "Generic" http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16875996001

I read that to mean fake. Also noitce the case says bluetooth and not Samsung. Moreover, the real version doesn't come with an ear clip.

You should consider returning it, and purchasing from Treocentral. I just picked up one from treocentral and its the real version.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I bought it from newegg.com. So I seriously doubt it was fake.
    Unfortunately they are selling the fakes. Here is the real vs fake: http://www.eten-users.net/topic4958

And here is a photo on Newegg's website showing that the charger says "bluetooth" instead of "Samsung": http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggIma...996-001-04.JPG

Also, Newegg's includes the worthless earhook which only the fakes include.
    Last edited by manstretch; 12/27/2006 at 11:53 PM.
    Thanks for the links. The one I received from newegg definately looked like the fake on. This really surprises me. I've been a customer of newegg for a very long time and have been very satisfied with their products and services. I RMA'd it last week and have already received my refund.

Time to decide whether to buy the wep200 from treocentral or the 655. Decisions... decisions... decisions... Whatever I buy I'll definately get it from treocentral this time.
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/134/3...6ef043568f.jpg
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/3...a77fd97375.jpg
    just got mine! such a nice headset. the sound quality is great. only problem was that it kept falling out of my ear. so i swapped out the stock rubber ear cover with a jabra ear gel and voila. it stays put. i hope this is a keeper...
    I'm about ready to order one of these.
    I recently purchased the Plantronics 655 from the Treo store. Tested it this morning with 2 phone calls. Both folks on the other end said there was quite a bit of static and I was breaking up badly.
    Paired the 655 with a friends Nokia phone (Cingular) .... no problems. Both people indicated the quality was 100% better.
    i bought my wep200 from newegg. as usual, service/delivery was great.

i apparently got a genuine one, despite the "generic" description on their site. some pepole here think 'generic' means fake, but my box had the hologram w/ samsung in it, the 'do not break' seal at the top of the box, the made in korea on the back, the name 'samsung' on the charger, and also, the full 'real deal' manual. oh, and it idd not have the ear hook thing. Ive pretty much safely concluded that the one I got is real.

Itís pretty spartan in terms of features, but hey, I donít want an overly complicated headset. I really think that you should get the jabra earplugs as the pic/poster above has. The supplied ear tire (for lack of a better word) really is pathetic. I mean, the headset doesnít fall out but it does not feel secure in your ear at all. That is the only thing that would prevent me from saying itís a 10 out of 10.

The sound quality (incoming/outgoing) is great. I have not tried the tape trick. I will give it another week and then Iíll do it. Perhaps a dab of silicone might be a better solution.

Anyways, thanks for the recommendations everyone. It took about 2 weeks of serious reading before I settled on the wep, but glad I put in the research time!

bob
    WEP200 will be here tomorow (Friday). Hope it works better (in my environment) than the Plantronics 655 did (can't be any worse).
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobykim View Post
    i bought my wep200 from newegg. as usual, service/delivery was great.

i apparently got a genuine one, despite the "generic" description on their site. some pepole here think 'generic' means fake, but my box had the hologram w/ samsung in it, the 'do not break' seal at the top of the box, the made in korea on the back, the name 'samsung' on the charger, and also, the full 'real deal' manual. oh, and it idd not have the ear hook thing. Ive pretty much safely concluded that the one I got is real.

Itís pretty spartan in terms of features, but hey, I donít want an overly complicated headset. I really think that you should get the jabra earplugs as the pic/poster above has. b
    I agree with that... It's sad that there are scams out there like this.. Those are the ones who should get lawsuit..Thats why companies have to spend extra money with holograms..Consumers eat that cost.

Iv'e grown to expect problems with Treo and blue tooth.. Iv'e tried my share of earpieces without happiness. Web2000 is the closest so far.
    Remember that it does go to sleep for power management. After a few hours you have to press the headset button to wake it up(Beep) then you will see the BT icon change in PHone app.
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobykim View Post
    i bought my wep200 from newegg. as usual, service/delivery was great. i apparently got a genuine one, despite the "generic" description on their site. some pepole here think 'generic' means fake,
    Looks like Newegg changed their site, they no longer list the WEP as "Generic" and since your case says samsung, and not bluetooth, you are in the clear. Notice on their site, their pics on the black WEP still show "bluetooth" on the charger and an ear hook being included.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Two thumbs up for the WEP200.
    SIGNIFICANTLY better (audio) then the Plantronics 655 I had (and sent back). The 1st three phone calls I made ... 2 of them had no idea I was on a headset until I told them. Said my voice was clear - no problems.

So far .... very satisfied.
    here's an observation on mine. when i stick it on the charger at 11pm and wake up at 6am, i assume the red charging light will turn to blue. however, it's still red. strange. isn't 7 hours enough time to fully charge the battery? it fully charged to the blue light in a few hours the first day i got it.

last night, i charged it at 11pm. woke up at 7:30, still charging. fell asleep and woke up at 10am. finally the light was blue. however, i let it sit and come back after an hour and the light turned red again! is my charger defective?

i am not sure if the headset is the problem. i've used it for a week with no problems. i bought this from amazon, btw...
    I agree with michelle. I seem to be having the same problem. This one is brand new and I got it from T/C store. I left it on the charger at 11PM and I checked at 9:30AM, the light is still red.

I took it out of the case and put it back, now the light turned off. I had to repeat that process several times before the red light came on. So far no other issues other than this one.
    There are several reasons why I returned mine. I had the same problem with Red ? Blue ?; not being one to try to dissect why it may be doing it, I returned it.

The other reason was it didnt provide enough talk time for my needs.

The WEP170 was actually much better overall for me.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I just put mine on it's 2nd charge a few minutes ago. Will report back what color I got after a couple of hours or so. (fingers crossed for blue - lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn View Post
    I just put mine on it's 2nd charge a few minutes ago. Will report back what color I got after a couple of hours or so. (fingers crossed for blue - lol)
    Did it turn blue after the 1st charge?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex View Post
    Did it turn blue after the 1st charge?
    Yes ... no problem there. Left it on charge for about 2 hours when I first got it Friday. Red light when I started charging it ..... took it off charge a couple of hours later and the light was blue.
    Yes ... no problem there. Left it on charge for about 2 hours when I first got it Friday. Red light when I started charging it ..... took it off charge a couple of hours later and the light was blue.
    Mine turned blue the 1st few days that I had it; dont know why it stopped and didnt want to take the time to figure it out.

Although the WEP150 starts off red when charging and turns green when fully charged. I always assumed I guess that turning blue after being charged was the standard.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Hate to be the bearer of good/bad news. I just checked my unit (after about a 30-45 minute charge) .... blue light.
    Hate to be the bearer of good/bad news. I just checked my unit (after about a 30-45 minute charge) .... blue light.
    I hope you see that as good news for yourself.
    Although I'm thinking you'd be pissed if it was red.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Grin ..... SO FAR I see it as a plus. If at some point I charge for more than a few hours and I see red .... I'll see red. (huh?)

Hoping for a continuation of blue light specials.