Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTaras View Post
    Have you tried it yet?
    No, I haven't tried the Cardo 700. CompUSA apparently doesn't stock it. While looking for it, I noticed they have a hefty rebate on the WEP200. A new headset by Nextlink is about to come out called the Invisio Q7 with wind suppression and jawbone technology. I tried their AX2 and I really liked the fit, but the speaker distorted. Hope the Q7 is not too expensive. It will probably be available at Radio Shack.
    Treo 650 on Sprint / Palm Case / 1 GB SanDisk Ultra II SD Card
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Just got mine today...
    Will have to say, no complaints.. the end caller couldn't even tell I was using a "black Ear" that's what she calls it ;-)

Compared to the Jabra x10, Its half the price and looks better, better quality package and Sound 80% better I was told.. Havent heard complaints about Echo yet.. when I do, I will use the tape trick..
    I have some Jabra jells in my garage somewhere...

Im happy with the Bluetooth. It doesn't lose connection like the x10 did and I can be 6 office away from the Treo and hear clearly.. Seems to pair up quicker..

I will be using the ear piece this weekend on my long Wurstride.com (75miles)
    Will mount the Treo and have the GPS in my cableback ;-)
    Geekfest on the road..

Will be wearing a heartrate monitor, have the treo in the front, GPS in the camelback, Bike computer for speed/distance.. what more do I need? I might even watch a little Simpsons on the road ;-)
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Well, my slicsounds arrived on Tuesday, and I can report that the difference in volume and comfort is DRAMATIC!

Basically, you put on the smallest ear "hook" that came with the WEP200, and then you insert THAT into the slicsound, and then you insert the slicsound into your ear.

The downside is that the wep200 sticks out a little bit - maybe half an inch, but that doesn't seem to alter the sound others hear, but the upside is that the sound (to you) is at least twice as loud, and it feels more secure.

Slicsounds are available at www.slicsound.com. No, I have nothing to do with the company - I'm just a satisfied customer.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    I bought one this Saturday. There is one problem I met. I can not redial the last phone by the multifunction button. In the instruction manual, I was told to press and hold the multifunction botton for 2 second,twice, But I can not make the redial according to the instruction. I do not know what is wrong?
    Last edited by stephenvan; 11/14/2006 at 09:09 PM.
    Is anybody here have an English manual for Samsung WEP200?

I bought my WEP200 online...when I received the unit, only Korean Manual is included. I tried to find out in Samsung websites to download the said manual but I didn't find anything.
    Would appreciate if anybody here can send me the WEP 200 English manual to my email add.. lui.reyes@gmail.com

thanks a lot!
  6. nwr
    I just bought the Samsung WEP 200 and manual says it should charge in about 2 hours. Mine is taking about 5 hours for the charging light to go from red to blue. Could anyone please tell me if the 5 hours is about right so I know if I have a problem?
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Mine seems to charge in 3 hours. I also MADE a USB charger for it. It plugs in to your USB and charges pretty quick.. 2 hours.. No carrying around the external charger anymore. Now I can charge in the Car or remote via notebook.

Anyway, I have also discovered that the Samsung WEP 200 will go to sleep after some time of non activity. I just press the button and it initiates the palm after a few seconds with a bluetooth ear piece symbol. I didn't read the manual.. I Usually never do..
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    Mine seems to charge in 3 hours. I also MADE a USB charger for it. It plugs in to your USB and charges pretty quick.. 2 hours.. No carrying around the external charger anymore. Now I can charge in the Car or remote via notebook.

Anyway, I have also discovered that the Samsung WEP 200 will go to sleep after some time of non activity. I just press the button and it initiates the palm after a few seconds with a bluetooth ear piece symbol. I didn't read the manual.. I Usually never do..
    Can we get some more info on what you did to make the USB charging cable? Did you find the right plug at Radio Shack or did you cut it off of the supplied AC adapter? Got any pictures?
    Just got my WEP200 today and it charged in about 1.5 hours out of the box... my ears/ear canals are small and the smallest earloop is secure but hurts a little now that I've been wearing it for the past hour and a half... I must say, the most comfortable ear piece I've owned is the Sony Ericsson IVB835... but it wasn't secure in my ear, and it would rotate to vertical after a while (with the mic facing almost completely downward from a horizontal pointing-to-my-mouth position... the outgoing sound from that piece was phenomenal thanks to DSP... but unfortunately since I gave up my treo for a T-Mobile Dash.. that headset doesn't work fully with the new phone... the sony auto-adjusts it's incoming volume based on ambient noise and has NO volume buttons whatsoever, but you can set the initial volume with the phone (treo)... this function disappeared with my new phone and my incoming calls were barely audible.... my search for something as good brought me to the Samsung unit... I have yet to receive or make a call with it (I guess I'm not so popular) so i can't vouch for audio quality... but it looks great, fits good enough (won't rotate) and has volume controls actually ON the unit (unlike the Sony which is in serious need of a mechanical/electrical volume control override for situations like mine)... I hope within the next few hours, I'll actually talk to someone so I can get a handle the main aspects of having the earpiece in the first place...sound quality...

edit: received my first two phone calls... one person said I sounded too far away (they called twice and said the same thing both times) the other had no complaints.... hmmm jury's still out on this one
    Last edited by akura2; 12/07/2006 at 07:09 PM.
    Look at this eargel headset...http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

For $9.99 this might be worth a try... hmm

seems low-profile enough to not make the WEP200 stick out too far, yet it goes into the ear canal
    Quote Originally Posted by akura2 View Post
    Look at this eargel headset...http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

seems low-profile enough to not make the WEP200 stick out too far, yet it goes into the ear canal
    This eargel looks interesting. If you try it, be sure to tell us how it works.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say, I ordered one of the JX-10 ear hooks and put it on my Wep-200 and it works great for keeping the headset on! I don't have to stick the headset so far in my ear now. I think I will now order a backup ear hook just in case I lose this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by akura2 View Post

Here's the correct link http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

I picked these up at RadioShack today. To my surprise they're Jabra eargels. I figured they'd be a knock off brand. These thigs work great. Much better than what's supplied with the Wep200.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck G View Post
    Just wanted to say, I ordered one of the JX-10 ear hooks and put it on my Wep-200 and it works great for keeping the headset on! I don't have to stick the headset so far in my ear now. I think I will now order a backup ear hook just in case I lose this one.
    Where were you able to order this from?
    Well, after using the wep200 for a few days I've decided to return it. Every time I use it the person on the other end of the call can barely hear me. I've tried everything to try and boost the volume with no success. Guess I'll try the plantronics 655 next. :-(
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbcellular View Post
    Where were you able to order this from?
    I got it at the store here http://store.treocentral.com/content...-126--1176.htm

It's only $5.98 I think. It's still working good for me after 3 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Here's the correct link http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

I picked these up at RadioShack today. To my surprise they're Jabra eargels. I figured they'd be a knock off brand. These thigs work great. Much better than what's supplied with the Wep200.

Actually, the headset I linked to was the correct link... I was talking about buying that headset on the link and grabbing the earpieces from it... unfortunately the earpiece that's on that headset is too small to fit on the WEP200... but it would have worked nice as it was small, low-profile, and comfortable.... needless to say, I returned the headset immediately... the Jabra eargels in your link ARE comfortable, but they make the headset stick out too far on my head....
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Well, after using the wep200 for a few days I've decided to return it. Every time I use it the person on the other end of the call can barely hear me. I've tried everything to try and boost the volume with no success. Guess I'll try the plantronics 655 next. :-(
    sorry you had problems with your headset... everyone that I've talked too while wearing mine has had no complaints.... are you sure you didn't get a bad/fake one?
    I bought it from newegg.com. So I seriously doubt it was fake.
    here is the link to the English manual: http://www.samsungwireless.com/dealer/term/WEP200G.pdf

I also found that if you held down the multifunction button till you hear one beep then release, you get redial.

Does anyone have any idea how to disable the blinking light?