Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    can someone who has this headset and is successfuly using it WITHOUT it falling off your ear please call me --- or let me call u...thas my biggest issue itll stay on then fall off after a while iv tried all sizes, i even went to the store n the manager had the thing turned totally different from what the book says, i swear this thing is a mystery
    That is how I am wearing mine. 180 degrees from what the directions say. It works for me.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    can someone who has this headset and is successfuly using it WITHOUT it falling off your ear please call me xxx-xxx-xxxx or let me call u...thas my biggest issue itll stay on then fall off after a while iv tried all sizes, i even went to the store n the manager had the thing turned totally different from what the book says, i swear this thing is a mystery
    RTFT. Use and eargel.
    Beware of buying this on eBay. People are reporting FAKES:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=999942
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Beware of buying this on eBay. People are reporting FAKES:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=999942
    They are definantely fake ones out there. I got one on ebay. I didn't buy one from the many auctions that listed them coming from overseas. I thought I was getting a real one, because I paid more than what I could have got the overseas ones for. It sounded horrible. I bought from a great seller, he let me exchange it for another one. It sounded horrible too. From the good reviews I knew something was wrong. I went to CompUSA and picked up one there to see if it was different. Day and night. The CompUSA one was so much better you would not believe these were the same headsets. If yours has a lot of static and a poor speaker then you have a fake.

Today was my first full day of using the real one. The only problem I had was that it disconnected from the phone several times. Not quite as bad as a plantronics 510 does but way more than my Jabra JX10. Is this happening to anyone else. The outgoing sound is better than the JX10 and I would like to make this my everday headset, but 4 or 5 disconnects a day will not do. I may have to put them up and wait for a Treo firmware update.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I picked up this wep-200 today from CompUSA (21 day return policy so if necessary I can take it back)

I actually went in there looking for a plantronics discovery 655 because a friend highly recommended it due to its noise cancelling features.

Anyway the 655 wasnt available there and the associate talked me in to this wep-200 saying that he uses it and loves it. i decided to give it a try.

here is my rundown after just a few hours of use:

PROS:

1)the unit is small and stylish

2)the range from the treo to the headset is much better than any previous headsets ive used with treo.

3)sound quality on my end is great

CONS:

1) Im going to have to ditch the stock ear rubber, the thing just does NOT fit in my ear securely.

2) only 1 charging solution, I would prefer to have several charging options such as usb, car etc .. also I have a feeling that over time the "docking" style charger may have connectivity issues. Lastly I dont like that I need a power cable AND a little case to charge the thing. its more things that I have to remember to bring with me when im mobile.

Neutral:

The verdict is still out on the outgoing sound quality.
    My wife says she cant understand me and that it sounds terrible however she has said that about every Bt headset ive ever used so Im starting to think that she is the common denominator. 2 friends so far say that it is fine. I guess time will tell when it comes to outgoing sound quality.

BTW my last headset was the bluespoon AX2. it worked great on my end, it was comfortable, stayed in my ear, i could hear great however outgoing sound quality sucked and if you drop the thing once its toast. i went through 3 because of that. Also the battery has poor connection and i was constantly having to take it out and clean the contacts. it was very unstable in this area. I just add this in case anyone is reading and is considering the ax2 or comparing it to the wep-200 My advise is to stay away from the AX2
    I love gadgets.
    The only thing I don't like about this headset so far is the fact that the blue LED doesn't light up when there is an incoming call. Makes it kinda hard to answer a call if the phone is away from you on silent or you don't hear the ring and you have the headset next to you.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    have been going crazy about the fit, std fit the headset falls out, ear gels make stick out to far .

You know want works! jabra jx10 ear wires, and the ear wires work better than on the jx10 because they do not lock in 1 postion.
    Where would you get the jabra jx10 ear wires and/or ear gels without buying the unit.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjulius50 View Post
    Where would you get the jabra jx10 ear wires and/or ear gels without buying the unit.

I do have the unit so i needed replacement ear wires and they just sent them to me,they never asked for a SN? They just mailed them to me.

call jabra support they can only say no?
    Is there any STATIC with this WEP200 at all???

Every other BT headset I tried had at least some minor static. What's the verdict on this one???

This is my biggest complaint with BT headsets!
    Zero static with the WEP200 and the 650. The 650 has terrible BT range and the WEP200 is static-free to about 25 feet!
    Very little static, no hiss like the JX10 and the best range with either the 700p or 650. My only complaints are that it still disconnects from the 700p occasionally (but usually syncs back up quickly) and it isn't as comfortable as my Plantronics 640.
    Use an eargel. More secure and more comfortable than any of the Plantronics.
    I bought one yesterday from the Treo Central store.

Has anyone had any luck using Bluespoon AX earsprings for the ear gel?

edit: It doesn't work, they are too small.

This HS is pretty sweet though. I have had about 15-20 calls today all ranging from 1 min to 1 hour and this little guy has performed like a champ. The end users can hear me fine, they say it just sounds like I am on speaker phone.
    Last edited by sYmYn; 09/20/2006 at 06:02 PM.
  15. pkb
    So I just got my WEP200 for my Sprint Treo 700P...and it won't pair.

Am I the only one who has had this issue? My phone picks up my Mac, so I don't think it's bluetooth is completely nunfunctional (or 'off' obviously!).

Any tips on what to try here? If I'm the only one with a problem between these two devices, then I'll probably try to swap the headset and see if perhaps it's just bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkb View Post
    So I just got my WEP200 for my Sprint Treo 700P...and it won't pair.

Am I the only one who has had this issue? My phone picks up my Mac, so I don't think it's bluetooth is completely nunfunctional (or 'off' obviously!).

Any tips on what to try here? If I'm the only one with a problem between these two devices, then I'll probably try to swap the headset and see if perhaps it's just bad.
    Have you tried pairing the headset to your Mac? Just an idea to see if its working. I've used my BT headsets with iChat before, its pretty slick.
    I, like most of you with the wep-200 had trouble keeping it in my ear. I tried the jabra eargels which made it stick out too far and also muffled the sound somewhat. I tried modifying it to accept the Bluespoon ax-2 ear gels which worked but, the sound was still muffled. I finally went to Wal-Mart and purchased a pair of Phillips earphones and low and behold, the eargels work like a charm. It comes with 3 different size eargels. They fit perfect. The earphone cost about $14.00. A small price to pay for a good fit and perfect, almost amplified sound. I will have to get back with you guys/gals for the model number of the Phillips earphones. I don not have them with me at the office. Here is a pictur of the wep-200 with the eargel installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have a Verizon 700p and I have found that if you answer and end a call from the phone instead of the headset, the headset will stay paired. It's funny because with my Sony IVF-835, it's the opposite. You have to end and answer a call from the headset in order for it to stay paired.
    Quote Originally Posted by boxters2 View Post
    I, like most of you with the wep-200 had trouble keeping it in my ear. I tried the jabra eargels which made it stick out too far and also muffled the sound somewhat. I tried modifying it to accept the Bluespoon ax-2 ear gels which worked but, the sound was still muffled. I finally went to Wal-Mart and purchased a pair of Phillips earphones and low and behold, the eargels work like a charm. It comes with 3 different size eargels. They fit perfect. The earphone cost about $14.00. A small price to pay for a good fit and perfect, almost amplified sound. I will have to get back with you guys/gals for the model number of the Phillips earphones. I don not have them with me at the office. Here is a pictur of the wep-200 with the eargel installed.
    The eargels look more comfortable and secure, but I'm glad that you like your solution. If you think that the sound is muffled, put a piece of tape over the port on the headset. It really cleans up the sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by boxters2 View Post
    Thnak you for the information, I would appreciate getting the model number.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast