Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Still haven't decided if I will keep it or send it back.
    I agree, I can't get anything of the fittings to stay in my ear. The drawing in the manual shows what angle to place the earpiece on the actual device, but doesn't describe well how to get it to stay in your ear. The gel works well with it, but then charging is definitely an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken View Post
    Can't confirm it, but I presumed the same thing. I've tried the Jabra gels with the WEP200 and they do fit and it stays in place. I didn't notice any difference in sound with them(they weren't blocking the speaker). The only problem and the one I'm not sure I can get past, is that I have to take the Gel earpiece off to charge it. With it on it won't fit in the charger.

Still haven't decided if I will keep it or send it back.
    Small price to pay for great comfort, sound and range.
    Just got the Samsung WEP-200 from Amazon ($49 shipped). I am definately going to keep this earpiece. The 3 earpieces are for sure different sizes, small, medium, and large. Maybe I'm lucky, but the medium fits my ear perfectly snug and comfortably. Instead of going with the earpiece orientation that's recommended in the manual, I have the loop at 2 oclock position on the left ear (opposite of Samsung's recommendation), and it fits my ear better at that position. So I would try different loop positions until you found the most comfortable.

I would think that the jabra piece should fit in the charger, you just won't be able to shut the top lid all the way. However, the lid doesn't have to close fully to still light up and charge the earpiece. Just close it as best as possible, and get a rubberband to wrap around the charger to apply pressure on the lid and case. That, to me, would be less trouble that always taking off the Jabra earpiece.

I've tried and returned the Motorola H700, Palm Treo Wireless Headset, Bluespoon AX2, and a few others due to static, or bad outgoing sound quality. The first two I purchased were based on positive feedback from other Treo 700p users on this board, however I had negative experiences with sound quality with those same headsets. I need to test the wep-200 a bit more, but I've been very happy so far, and callers on the other end said I sounded good. The other one's I've tried were busts within the first few calls I made.
    Last edited by vandoc; 08/30/2006 at 08:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Sound quality has been pretty good, however, I have gotten a bit of static with the right ear, left pocket setup. Maybe I could find my package from the old Jabra in my junk piles and find one to put it into my left ear...
    I hope you guys might be able to help me with this. I just got one of these for my t650, it's my first bluetooth headset.

So here's the deal. When it's paired with my treo it works, but turns itself off after a few minutes. When paired with my razr it stays on all day. I notice that when paired with the razr the wep200s light flashes twice quickly every few seconds. With the treo it will do that while the bluetooth icon is lit (in the phone screen) but when that goes out the wep200 starts blinking only once every few seconds. I am guessing that maybe the treo is putting it's bluetooth into a powersaving mode or something? Which then makes the wep200 think it isn't connected or something so it shuts off perhaps...

I don't think I am doing anything wrong with the setup, but maybe there is something I'm missing. Has anyone else had similar problems? I don't have any other headsets to test my treo with.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    vandoc: cool avatar! Wearing the phone directly on the ear sometimes is better than some BT headset solutions.

(Sorry for being off-topic.)
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    I use my WEP200 with my 650 and have no problems. It's never turned itself off or unpaired. Even turning the 650's BT off and back on has no effect on the pairing.
    i got mine brand new as well but it doesnt have ANY paperwork or manual but it was brand new in box anyone else getting this? also i have cousin who deals wiht cells n accessories how do we know these arnt like counterfit knockoffs that look dam real? mine says made in korea all over it n has chinese writing all over the back...earlier i had my treo700p in my pocket n this on n it was staticky as hell but when its out n not in pocket its not staticky....cud this not be real or whas the deal some help please...i dun have a manual to even see the illustration on how this lil crap fits in ur ear im havin that issue like the rest...someone please help .....ALSO i put it for charge 4 hours ago n the light in the box was still red or whatever wassup with that does it never turn off?
    also like i notice static n breakup depending on where the phone is n what side....i almost thought people swore this was the best BT is there a secret on where not to keep the phone etc??? cuz the sprint rep told me he left the phone on the counter n took it all the way in the back n worked jus fine???
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    i got mine brand new as well but it doesnt have ANY paperwork or manual but it was brand new in box anyone else getting this? also i have cousin who deals wiht cells n accessories how do we know these arnt like counterfit knockoffs that look dam real? mine says made in korea all over it n has chinese writing all over the back...earlier i had my treo700p in my pocket n this on n it was staticky as hell but when its out n not in pocket its not staticky....cud this not be real or whas the deal some help please...i dun have a manual to even see the illustration on how this lil crap fits in ur ear im havin that issue like the rest...someone please help .....ALSO i put it for charge 4 hours ago n the light in the box was still red or whatever wassup with that does it never turn off?
    You got a fake. There's no Chinese writing on the headset and it only says "made in Korea" once. Next time, buy from TreoCentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    Mine came with security stickers on the top and bottom to insure authenticity. I'd say if you don't have those, or if they'd been broken before you got it, that you got hosed.
    After 5 days of use I'm definitley going to keep the WEP200. I would like it if it would have a more solid fit in my ear, but I've discovered that it will stay even though it feels pretty loose. I've been reaching up every now and then to push it back in a bit, but it hasn't fallen out completely yet so I'm doing ok. I usually wear my BT headset all day, no matter what I'm doing, but I find that I have to take the WEP200 out if I'm eating. I also have to take it out every now and then just to give my ear a break. I'm hoping that I'll get used to it, but I have been getting a sore ear from time to time.

I am absolutely AMAZED at the battery life. I charged it on Tuesday afternoon when I received it and the battery didn't die until yesterday afternoon while I was on a call. That's 4 full days of talking/standby with no charging. Now that I've run through the full charge/discharge/charge cycle I'll just keep it topped off every night, but its nice to know that it can last that long if I need it to.

I haven't had any trouble with the pairing or the sound quality. I wear my phone in a Seidio Shield holster on my left side and the headset in my left ear. A couple of times I've left the headset on my desk and walked far enough away that it was out of range, taken a call, then when I get back to the desk and take another call the headset has always worked again right away with no fuss.
    ok theres a black samsung sticker seal on the bottom n theres a shiny circular samsung authencity seal on the top....the headset has NO chinese writing the box on the back does ehere it tells u specs n stuff ....its possible it could be from korea where its cheaper ....the only thing that seems odd is on the charger box the samsung sticker is placed a lil off but that could be just common
    does anyone notice when u put it in the box to charge that the orange light stays on forveer for like more then three hours lol
    i just received my wep200 but it doesnt seem to charge. I put it in the case and the red light comes on but then goes off after like 5 seconds then i have unplug and replug for it to start charging again and then the red light goes off. WHat can be the reason for this??
    depending on where you buy your headset becareful...i bought mine online first for like 50 bucks from a legit site the box it came in was all orignal stickers n all ....but i guess its from korea or whatever cuz has chinese writing on the back in stead of englsih stuff has both actually...the charging case where the sticker is on the bottom was not placed in the box it was cut for but a little outside and said charger on it...i was getting static n stuff .when i bought the same headset from compusa today the box was same but had seals on top and bottom...the case on the bottom said headset holder not charger...but the biggest difference which threw me off was if you look at the headset itself on the back where they have numebrs n stuff the online one said made in china the compusa one said made in korea although both boxes said korea too...and the online one said on the box samsung Anycall on the top...so what do you all think? my cousin did say there are a lot of counterfit knockoffs but how can you exactly knockoff and it works fine too so then what would be the real diffrence? i noticed on my phone profile the online one said SAMSING not SAMSUNG lol any other differences?the online one dint come wiht a book either.... i mean is this a true fake or is this like a the samsung wep200 that they sell in china so this online dude gets it cheaper? or is it a total fake someone please expalin....ALSO ONE LAST THING...i have the real deal now for 90 bucks its black not the nice white one at sprint but iv looked at the book and done the 10 and 2 thing but no matter what i do the headset after a while of movin my head n talking falls out on its own....has anyone else had this issue? is there a way to perminantly keep this on n not embarass yourself n drop it....??? also the fake one came wiht a earloop but the real one didnt?
    Anyone having trouble keeping this paired with the 700p? That seems to be the biggest problem with every headset I have tried.

I got a WEP200 today with a 30 day return policy. We shall see if it stays paired.
    Any update on pairing this with the 700p? I wouldn't mind if it unpairs occassionally as long as it re-pairs rapidly...
    Does voice dialing actually work with the Treo 700? What app would I need to make this work?
    hjjj
    Last edited by hotis300boy; 09/07/2008 at 08:16 PM.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast