Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

• Added Total Distance and Esitmated Drive Time to directions sent to Memo record.
    • For directions sent to Memo, DA will now swap out to the memo application showing the just-added record.
    is that upgrade for the treo 700p?

there is a beta version for the 700p

http://portal.treobits.com/index.php...ingle&ide=2411
  3.    #3  
    The version on TreoBits is old. All versions from 3.24 are OK on T700p
    I am using the new 3.25 version. When I attempt to have a set of directions sent to memo pad, I get the following error...

Error: Unknown format problem in results!

If I uncheck the send to memo pad control in preferances, the browser opens up as normal.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    I am using the new 3.25 version. When I attempt to have a set of directions sent to memo pad, I get the following error...

If I uncheck the send to memo pad control in preferances, the browser opens up as normal.
    I am not seeing this error on my 700p with version 3.25.
    I have tried multiple address combinations from my contacts, all with the same error result.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
    I also see this error on a Treo 650.
    it's working for me on my 700p.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    New version features work fine for me (700p). Big time-saver auto-launching the memo for instant access to the directions. Thanks Rick.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  10.    #10  
    It will still launch in the browser in any case, but there may be an error message or a different format that the parser does not understand. It would be most helpful if you could post the parameters you are using for your search so I can track it down. Does not help much to just say "it does not work".

Any chance Canadian postal codes are involved?

Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt
    It will still launch in the browser in any case, but there may be an error message or a different format that the parser does not understand. It would be most helpful if you could post the parameters you are using for your search so I can track it down. Does not help much to just say "it does not work".

Any chance Canadian postal codes are involved?
    No Canadian postal codes, all address I have used are in Virginia Beach, VA.

In MAIN PREFERANCES I have both "warn on empty city" and "send directions to memo" checked.

From main screen I select DRIVING DIRECTIONS. For the "from" field I select my home address from the address book. For the "to" field I select the address for my destination, also from the address book. Then I tap the SEARCH button to execute. The STATUS window shows "requesting page" and "getting page" then errors out. I get the error with all address combinations I have tried. I have also entered the same addresses manually with the same end result. I know the addresses I am using are formatted correctly, as they work fine within KMaps.

I will PM you one of the combinations I am using.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
  12.    #12  
    I'll post what I've found here so others can benefit:

Your From: address had an apt. or house # as part of it, which I've learned often confuses mapquest. If you enter these on the mapquest mobile site itself (http://www.mapquest.com/pda/directions.adp) you'll see that an error message displays:

"MapQuest found a similar location for "<your address>, Virginia Beach, VA 23452". Please select "Get Directions" or revise your search."

and that it has stripped off the #### part and if you hit Get Directions button again, it then works.

So far DA is not smart enough to catch this error and navigate to the modified page, though I'll take it into consideration for a future enhancement.

Thanks!

No Canadian postal codes, all address I have used are in Virginia Beach, VA.

In MAIN PREFERANCES I have both "warn on empty city" and "send directions to memo" checked.

From main screen I select DRIVING DIRECTIONS. For the "from" field I select my home address from the address book. For the "to" field I select the address for my destination, also from the address book. Then I tap the SEARCH button to execute. The STATUS window shows "requesting page" and "getting page" then errors out. I get the error with all address combinations I have tried. I have also entered the same addresses manually with the same end result. I know the addresses I am using are formatted correctly, as they work fine within KMaps.

I will PM you one of the combinations I am using.
    Rick,
    I think the problems lies in checking "send directions to memo" in the main preferences.

I didn't know the preferences existed and therefore wasn't checked. When I asked for directions, I got the results then used "select all" then copied to a memo.

But when I went back and checked "send diretions to memo" it didn't even get the directions and an error message come up.

Hope this helps.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by BCCISProf
    I also see this error on a Treo 650.
    Same here on my T650.
    Rick, I also tried to get directions using plain addresses, no characters; when I check the "send directions to memo" box, I get that error. When I uncheck it, and tap search, it goes to mapquest and gives me directions.

Any idea if it's a conflict on my end?

Thanks!
    Works as advertised. No errors with memos. Thanks Rick.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Same with me. No errors on my Sprint 650
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Rick - any chance that you can make the disconnect data work regardless of how the data session was started? I've found that I get an error when I try to disconnect when I had a data session already established.
  19.    #19  
    Not likely. In fact in the next version I'm removing the disconnect options altogether since they bascially have not functioned on anything since the early Kyocera circuit switched devices.

Quote Originally Posted by mtrimmer
    Rick - any chance that you can make the disconnect data work regardless of how the data session was started? I've found that I get an error when I try to disconnect when I had a data session already established.
  20.    #20  
    Here again, a hard example is all I would be able to do anything with. But FYI, I'm about to post a beta version that will probably catch most of this stuff and come up with a recovery path. Problem is there are many queries that "confuse" mapquest and will put up an error message (you guys did read my post a few ticks back, right? ) that is of course no issue in the interactive browser mode since you just hit the Get Directions button again and take MapQuest's suggested recovery option. These are things it does not completely have a match for but has a good guess about.

Quote Originally Posted by ido
    Rick, I also tried to get directions using plain addresses, no characters; when I check the "send directions to memo" box, I get that error. When I uncheck it, and tap search, it goes to mapquest and gives me directions.

Any idea if it's a conflict on my end?

Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast