1.    #1  
    I have been bonsai users for years, but now listpro called my attention by its neat outline. Did anyone try both and which one is better?

So far I think listpro is something between handbase and bonsai. But clearly it can NOT replace handbase, but it seems to have owned everything of bonsai already. The interface of listpro looks more professional while bonsai author keep charging me for every "major" upgrade.

Anyway, I didn't touch listpro before, any idea?
    ListPro is great. Very stable, you can create as many checklist you want with the fields you want as well (i.e. not just the checkbox and a text field; you can add a lot of other fields if you want to.)

Also, if you go on their site, you can find a lot of free templates that others created and that you can import into ListPro. IMHO, a very good software.

I tried both, and almost bought ListPro but changed my mind because I found it did way more than what I needed.

If you want a free alternative (but I guess that you already bought bonsai since you said you've been using it for years) is HandOutline. Simple and straigthforward, you can also export to the memos or to an html file, really usefull.

Good luck!
    - Jeeman
    I use Bonzai
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I use Bonzai
    Me too. It's one of my very favorite apps.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  5.    #5  
    thanks, yes I bought bonsai, but the upgrade charge is too much. Maybe I should have a try by myself to check if listpro can replace all functions of bonsai....sure I believe listpro should be more stable.....
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq
    thanks, yes I bought bonsai, but the upgrade charge is too much. Maybe I should have a try by myself to check if listpro can replace all functions of bonsai....sure I believe listpro should be more stable.....
    Understand... if you're not happy, you should move on.

1) I looked at ListPro, and the price for the sync with PC version is $29. That's got to be higher than your Bonsai upgrade. Do you not sync with your PC? That's one of the greatest features to me. I work on my lists most of the time on my PC and then they're always with me when I go mobile.

2) I'm running the latest version of Bonsai on my 650 and have no problems with it. I don't think it's caused any problems at all. Maybe it's an old version/new hardware issue?

I'd be interested in what you think of ListPro. There are a lot of people in my company getting Treos now. I've been recommending Bonsai. Maybe I should be recommending something else. I'm too old to change, but they're starting from scratch.
  7.    #7  
    thank you, santa! You still look very young! Many my ppc friends love listpro just like we favorite bonsai. But since both of them are providing counter OS version to draw more users, we'd better check and compare.

My instinct told me listpro is more reliable, but less flexible compared with Bonsai. Maybe I am wrong....
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    You still look very young!
    It's my high school picture
    thank you, santa! You still look very young! Many my ppc friends love listpro just like we favorite bonsai. But since both of them are providing counter OS version to draw more users, we'd better check and compare.

My instinct told me listpro is more reliable, but less flexible compared with Bonsai. Maybe I am wrong....
    Hi,

ListPro is actually very flexible. To see some examples of what other people have done with it check out the List Exchange here:

http://iliumsoft.com/site/lp/lp_lists.php

And the best thing to do is give ListPro a shot. You can download the trial versions here:

http://iliumsoft.com/site/lp/lp_trial.htm

And if you have any trouble trying to get ListPro to do what you want, just contact our support folks. They are more than happy to help with that sort of thing! ( support@iliumsoft.com OR US Toll Free 888-632-5388 )

Marc Tassin
    Ilium Software
    --------------------
    marc@iliumsoft.com
    +1 (734) 973-9388
    ---------------------
    http://www.iliumsoft.com

And be sure check out our new blog! http://blog.iliumsoft.com/
    I'm a new user of ListPro. I bought it mainly because of the desktop component, and am still learning to use it. So far, so good. It's a good, stable app.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!