1.    #1  
    since I switched from treo 650 to the 700p its been nothing but a love story.
    If you have one please share so I don't feel so treo crazy by myself.
    I'm a comedian and thanks to everyone here on tc. my life on the road has been so much better. I now have backupman thanks to kdallen and many more. I now have a piece of mine when I'm on the road . I know my joke will always be there.
    But before I left for this 3 week tour. I decided that I needed to keep home, money and bills in order. so I downloaded ultrasoft's checkbook and its great. being the mother of a 19 year old who runs through money like water when I'm on the road. its been a life saver. she sends me a text when she goes in the account and I can keep good track. Then I got genius and Iove it . I get it all ,the fast answers .direction everything I need. its the best.
    the love story is simple I just can't live without my treo. its alway next to me its alway clean visa a eye glass cleaner rag. and the treo form fitting case has been great. what would realy make this trip better is movies . I don't have any and I'm not sure what I may need to get movies on my treo.
    the sprint tv is corney . you have to see the looks of amazement I get in the hotels and airports when people realize that im watching tv on this thing.
    Is it just me or does the 700p make u feel a diffrent way. ? about life your business or just carrying a cellphone?
    I gets lonely on the road . but the pictures of family on this treo makes me feel better. The voice memo that my daughter left on my phone makes my day. No more calling her voice mail just to hear her voice. I get picture with voice memo's daily that is the best part of life.
    It realy makes me respect those who came before me in the game of comedy. they had to do this without all I have. so my hats off to them. So i quesss i have to be realy step my game up. Treo 700p life is great. pocket tunes while waiting to go on stage is wonderful . doc to go when working on my own stage play is even better. versa mail to keep my show coming is great.
    I can go on and on about w/ this love story but I won't . Tell we what part the treo plays in your life?
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 08/02/2006 at 01:51 PM.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    great story....thanks for sharing it with us.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks and thats real life on the road.
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Once I found a non defective 700p, I wanted to lock it up in leather, in my basement, keep it safe, and use it over and over again!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Comedytreogirl,

Are you on the road auditioning for the next "Last Comic Standing" show? I just watched this again last night, and the contestants are narrowed down to 3 comedians. My favorites are either Ty or Josh. Unfortunately, all the women comedians are no longer in the finals. Josh is freakin hilarious! Hard to believe someone with his disease (cerebral palsey?) can be so funny!

Yes, the Treo is like a companion, probably more so for the person always on the road, or on the run, whichever the case! :-)) Yes, I do play movies on my own Treo...it's a lot of fun! To play movies, you need: 1) Free T.C.P.M.P movie player, 2) Paid burner/copy program such as Pocket DVD Studio from Handango.com for approx $32, 3) Computer to do the burning/copying of the movies, 4) A large 2 or 4 GB SD card to hold all the movies.

I've never tried watching TV shows on my Treo yet...probably because I detest having to pay yet another subscription fee of $10/month. Also, reading people's reviews of pixelated image quality and choppiness further discourages me. I already watch too much TV at home already! I need to have a Treo program that encourages me to do more work instead!

Having the Treo with me at all times is equivalent to having my wallet and car keys with me...gotta have it!! I've been using SplashMoney to balance my checkbook, and I have not bounced a check in many years! It's good to be financially organized, even to simply know what your true daily balance is!

By the way, seeing that you are into pictures. Have you thought about setting up a free Flickr.com blog site? You can email pictures directly from your Treo to Flickr.com...it's easy! After uploading all your pictures and messages, let all your friends and family know you've updated your blog site so they can check out all the latest antics you're up to! Here's my own personal Flickr.com blog for you to check out as an example: http://www.flickr.com/photos/caseycheung

Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  6.    #6  
    casey thanks for all the info . it will make life on the road easy.
    as for last comic standing all thoses shows are a set-up. 2 of the last comic are being managed by the director of the show. so its realy not worth my career.
    I'm more into just climbing up the ladder the old fashion way.
    I'm going to atleast try out for bet's comic view. that should help a little.
    I'm doing movies and plays at the time.
    Thanks for the blog I going to look into it.
    a 2gig sd card ? I thought the treo's where having issues with them. ? right now I have a 1gig for my jokes.
    I'm going to look into the movie on the treo thing and get a 2gig card.
    I have my own website see signature below. we are trying to work on a mobile addition for the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl
    casey thanks for all the info . it will make life on the road easy.
    as for last comic standing all thoses shows are a set-up. 2 of the last comic are being managed by the director of the show. so its realy not worth my career.
    I'm more into just climbing up the ladder the old fashion way.
    I'm going to atleast try out for bet's comic view. that should help a little.
    I'm doing movies and plays at the time.
    Thanks for the blog I going to look into it.
    a 2gig sd card ? I thought the treo's where having issues with them. ? right now I have a 1gig for my jokes.
    I'm going to look into the movie on the treo thing and get a 2gig card.
    I have my own website see signature below. we are trying to work on a mobile addition for the site.

Good luck on climbing the ladder! Thanks for the tidbit about the setup on the Last Comic Standing. All those reality shows are probably a setup (eg: Hell's Kitchen, The Apprentice, So You Think You Can Dance, America's Got Talent, etc). I watch them all! I'm a reality show junkie...sad, I know!

The older Treo 650 can only take a maximum 2GB SD card. The newer Treo 700p can accept the larger 4GB SD card. This is an absolute fact. I use a 4 GB SD card myself on my Sprint 700p.

As for watching movies on the Treo, I'd have to say it's more a novelty than something really useful. Personally, I think it's better to simply buy a cheap $100+ DVD player with a 5" or 7" inch screen. A portable DVD player is a lot easier to use, and you don't have to spend time burning and figuring out how to use various programs. I have a bunch of movies on my Treo's 4GB card, but watching the same movies get boring. Burning new movies on my computer gets tedious after awhile. This is why I say it may be better to simply buy a cheap DVD player for watching movies.

For myself, I'm a Star Wars junkie, so I have the entire original trilogy copied onto my SD memory card, and I don't mind watching these same movies over and over again, because it reminds me of my childhood and keeps me young!

Casey
    Casey
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    As to movies and TV. I've got Orb set up on my home computer with a TV Tuner hooked to cable. I can watch live tv through orb and also view pictures that are on my home pc, listen to mp3's and view DVD's that I've ripped to my HD. The only downside on the 700p with Orb is not being able to fast forward, and skip tracks with the music.

Check out www.orb.com Setup was a no brainer and the quality is very nice in EVDO areas.
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
    Great story, good luck on your tour. You can also keep a photo blog at: splashblog.com (free up to 500 pics)
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  10.    #10  
    casey im an alias junkie and for a min there you had me about to burn the 4 season collection on to my hd and then rip it and add it to a 4gig card . I have the dvd player and that has always been with me when im on the road .
    Meinken i have checked out orb i like that you can set up a web cam and see what going on in the house( i have not done it yet dont plan on it either ) but the thought ran cross my mind once. I have a 19 year old daughter ( adopted) thats home alone so yes it crossed my mind. but my brother checks on her so we are cool.

Im a reality show junkie also i use it to keep my material fresh (lol)
    Im going to check orb one more time and give it a good read
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 08/05/2006 at 09:29 AM.
  11.    #11  
    Im back home now and the road was great thanks all. I love this mycheckbook that i found on freepalmware.com so im deleting ultrasoft money .
    . I just need a program that will track my atm withdraws anyone know of one.?
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 08/05/2006 at 11:36 AM.
    Cool Story
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    For myself, I'm a Star Wars junkie, so I have the entire original trilogy copied onto my SD memory card, and I don't mind watching these same movies over and over again, because it reminds me of my childhood and keeps me young!

Casey

Hey Casey,
    I read how you keep your Star Wars movies on your SD card. I'm a huge Matrix fan and would love to have the trilogy on my Treo. How is the quality of the movies during playback? Is the compression too much to actually enjoy the movie? Also, can you recommend some good travel headphones to use?

Oh, I still use a 650, but that shouldn't matter for movie playback.
    ~Steve
    Get @ me
    Quote Originally Posted by hypesteve
    Hey Casey,
    I read how you keep your Star Wars movies on your SD card. I'm a huge Matrix fan and would love to have the trilogy on my Treo. How is the quality of the movies during playback? Is the compression too much to actually enjoy the movie? Also, can you recommend some good travel headphones to use?

Oh, I still use a 650, but that shouldn't matter for movie playback.

Hi Steve,

Nice to meet another sci-fi nut, err, I mean fan! Watching movies on the Treo screen (650, 700 models) is amazingly good! Ever seen the quality of movies on an iPod? I'd say the Treo screen is almost as good or equal to the iPod screen...this is just a rough eyeball guestimate so no flames from anyone please!

As for compression, this makes a huge difference whether you get good quality or poor for movie watching on your Treo. Say for example you have zero compression in burning a movie (eg: using maximum quality setting), this means you will have the best movie viewing quality possible which is pretty darn good. The downside of course is you get a very large file size of anywhere between 500MB to 700+MB depending on length of the movie. Hence the reason for having a huge 4GB SD card! The trick is to figure out how much compression you can apply to reduce the file size before the quality deterioration becomes noticeable resulting in pixelation and choppiness.

For different types of movies, the amount of compression needed will vary. For example, if you are burning/copying cartoon movies (eg: Beavis & Butthead, Southpark, etc), you can probably compress the file a lot because these are animation films after all! Does it matter much if quality is poor for children cartoon shows? However, say in the case of Star Wars, if you apply too much compression, the movie looks terrible. For example, the light sabre fight scenes look horribly pixelated and choppy, etc. At the full resolution (with NO compression), the file size is around 550MB for the original Star Wars movie. If I compress it down to say 200MB, it looks very bad. If I compress it down to say around 350MB, it looks pretty decent. For myself, since I like the movie so much, I don't mind having the maximum file size of 550MB, as burned by using the Pocket DVD Studio app that I bought from Handango.

By the way, if you do a search in the Palm OS Multimedia forum from several months back, you will see tons and tons of threads on this same topic, of which I've contributed a bunch of replies.

Yes, Matrix is a cool show. You will get the thumbs up by showing off this movie to other guys. If you really want double thumbs up you also want to show some good p@rn action! This usually gets a hysterical reaction from other guys because they don't expect to see this! They always say "d@mn, my cell phone can't do that!!!"

Have fun watching movies on your Treo. As I had replied in an earlier post, it gets boring and tedious burning and copying movies for your Treo...at least from my own experience. It only makes sense to do so if you really like a particular movie, and don't mind watching it over and over again. That would be Matrix for you, and Star Wars for me! May the force be with you! -

Lastly, did you know you can copy and paste the same movie for the Treo onto you laptop or desktop computer? It's very cool, and it's easier to watch a (downsized) movie on a laptop computer, as it's larger and easier to view. In order to do this, I think you may possibly need 2 desktop apps: 1) RealPlayer movie player, and 2) XviD Codec which you can download for free here: http://www.pqdvd.com/download/

Hope this helps! -Casey
    Casey
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    love my treo too. I have my tivo send files to the computer, it now has a app (dekstop to go) that converts them to files for treo 650 and 700. simply drag tv show from folder to 1gb card, throw card in slot and and away we go. I currently have 6 half hour shows and one hour show. still have room for pics. makes travel and 1.5 hour commute a breeze!
    joysbox