1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 700w with Windows M 5
    My company requires goodlink in order to send and recieve email.
    I installed good link and went through the companies process of setting it up month ago and everything worked fine. I got my email from my company, and my settings for other things on my treo stayed the same such as "pocket office - contacts". A week or two ago I went to the Palm site and did the April update for the treo. It updated fine but, it basically changed the settings for good link. Good link has now taken over my "pocket office" contacts and used my contacts from my work outlook account, i have essentially last hundreds of contacts. However, the contacts are still on the phone because when someone calls that was in my "missing" contacts list (pocket office contacts) it says who is calling by name and even displays it for a brief second, then changes to "unknown caller". I cannot find the file or even if I could know what format it would be in or how to read it.

Also, I had other personal email accounts set up on the phone prior to this update. They are still there I get a message when I recieve an email on one of these accounts but can access the account otherwise. I can only access the email account set up through work.

Any help would be graciously accepted - i'm pulling my hair out over this one - at least the hair that is left.
  2.    #2  
    I still have not resolved this issue. Anyone have any ideas. I found and moved the goodlink contacts file. So now the goodlink contacts doesn't work either. Anyone know where the default Pocket Office Contacts List file is located or called?
    I have a very similar issue and am ready to slit my wrists!!!!! I do not have a solution but I am working hard to find one. Palm has no clue, you can't call Goodlink directly and Verizon (my carrier) really doesn't know what I'm talking about. It is like Goodlink hijacked my phone. I can't get to my palm contacts anymore....the only option is the Goodlink contacts. If I find out anything I will keep you posted. And please...if you find an answer please post it!!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...cts#post864140

GOODGUY posted this - Call out to him!! I read his thread then found (embedded in his thread) a post called "Making built in Contacts app the default on a Treo with Goodlink" I had to download a program but my problem was literally solved in 5 minutes. Take a read and good luck!!
  5.    #5  
    Does this apply to the 700w using WM5? After reading the post it says, "palm contacts". I am searcing for my Pocket office contacts.
    Not sure but Goodguy would know.....Post the question directly to him.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsuperstar View Post
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...cts#post864140

GOODGUY posted this - Call out to him!! I read his thread then found (embedded in his thread) a post called "Making built in Contacts app the default on a Treo with Goodlink" I had to download a program but my problem was literally solved in 5 minutes. Take a read and good luck!!
    Goodguy,

This solution only applies to the Treo 650 and Palm OS's correct?
    As far as I know, you are correct
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    As far as I know, you are correct
    Myself and a few others that I have noticed, (more seem to be coming) need to find a solution to the same situation for the 700w running WM5.

Problems that I know of include:

• Goodlink taking over Pocket Office Contacts List as well as other Pocket Office Applications
    • Not allowing for Text Messages to be sent out, unless one is recieved, then access to that account is easy.
    • Access to other email accounts besides the "sync'd" Goodlink account.
    • Speed Dial Connections are not working

That is all that I know off, anyone else please add.. this post is for the errors between Goodlink and WM5 on a 700W.

Any help would be appreciated. Goodguy I am very glad that you are here and helping all of us. It seems so far from my research into this (since my phone got screwed up) that Verizon is no help, Palm doesn't even know what goodlink is, and that GoodLink the company is very hard to get ahold of. So I thank you very much for help in all of these matters.
    Couple of points:

Contacts-The use of our own stores instead of the device is something we have always done and causes consternation. The key reason we do this is for security in that we encrypt all Good data. If we used the native stores, we wouldn't be able to encrypt and if we did, other apps making calls to these stores would not work.

Access to other email accounts-I have a Treo 650 and a Moto Q, so I can't speak to the 700W. However, with the 650 and the Q, I am able to use the native apps (VersaMail and the mail client on the Q) to access my POP3 accounts. Am I missing something?

Text Messaging: I borrowed a friends 700W and had no problem sending a text message. Again, am I missing something?

Speed Dialing-This is (if like on the POS devices) directly related to Good using it's own datastores.
  11.    #11  
    There is no access to my other email accounts on my phone, including text messaging unless someone emails or text messages me. The only account that GoodLink lets me access is the email that I downloaded goodlink for in the first place.

As for text messaging someone, I can't text message them until I have my contacts back. Text messaging may work with the synced contacts, don't know, haven't tried it, I am talking about the contacts that are hidden somewhere on the phone.

When I go to the Pocket Office and click on contacts.. the contacts that I had originally typed into my phone... it opens the good contacts. How do I stop that? I want to keep the good contacts under the good contacts and keep my original (which still are on the phone somewhere) under pocket office.

I wouldn't be as satisfied but if I could atleast get to those(original) contacts just once, to write them down and transfer them to my goodlink contacts I would be ok. But as for now, any form of contacts opened on my phone opens the goodlink contacts.

For myself, I am not sure about the others that are having this same problem. All was fine, until I did the update from Verizon. Update 1.10 I believe. At that point, Goodlink took over my phone. Up until then, my contacts were the fine. If I went to pocket office and opened contacts, I got the original contacts. If I went to the goodlink folder and opened contacts I got the synced contacts. Now, the only contacts available are the contacts that good uses.
    I found this, http://www.htcwizardweb.net/node/1101, for the HTC Wizard. It may work for the 700W, but use at your own risk.
    To be able to receive and send text messages you need to do the following:
    1) Goto to Preferences - this should be in the SYSTEM category of your device

2)Choose Buttons

3)Next to the mail button (envelope) Select Messaging from the drop down.

4) To the right of that you'll see a long bar with another drop down - choose GoodLink.

Select Done .... that's it!

You can now use your Text Message App as prior to the GoodLink install. It's not that you could not send text messages it's that GoodLink took over that Button.

To access GoodLink. Simply hold alt (black button - far left - at bottom) and the mail button (envelope) -- this takes you to GoodLink!!
    Last edited by DallasSprintGuy; 09/20/2006 at 05:10 PM.
    To be able to view your contacts and make your caller ID work do the following:

1) Download FILEz from PalmGear - it's FREE.

2) Start the FILEz application - Expand all files on handheld

3) Go to the directory on your handheld - DELETE the following file from your device: GoodAddressBookApp.prc

Now your contacts and caller ID will work again. To get to the Good Link Contacts do so from within GoodLink. All GoodLink contact functionality is maintained.

KUDOS and Thanks to this LINK!
  15.    #15  
    Thanks, I'm going to try that. I'll repost if it works.
    kimblewj or anyone else working on these issues,

Any luck, yet?

This is very frustrating.
  17.    #17  
    Ok.. found a work around the other day, just haven't had a chance to post it yet.
    -I used active sync file explore to access my device.
    -Then I went to the contacts button that was in pocket explorer that has been taken over. Right clicked it and made a shortcut.
    -Then copied that shortcut to my desktop, because I didn't have access to the properties of the shortcut (seems to be another problem).
    -Then, accessed the properties of the shortcut and made the command line "\Windows\poutlook.exe" contacts instead of what the command line was (a good link command).
    -Then copied the shortuct back to the device and overwrote the "created shortcut".

Now I can use that to reach my contacts. It still doesn't recognize the caller when they call but I atleast have my contacts back now.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    Access to other email accounts-I have a Treo 650 and a Moto Q, so I can't speak to the 700W. However, with the 650 and the Q, I am able to use the native apps (VersaMail and the mail client on the Q) to access my POP3 accounts. Am I missing something?

Text Messaging: I borrowed a friends 700W and had no problem sending a text message. Again, am I missing something?
    If I'm not missing anything, to use both of these functions practically (i.e., to see who you're e-mailing or who you've received a text message from) you need to sync a whole separate contact database with the phone's native contacts.

That seems an incredible waste of memory space and it requires a totally separate hard-wired sync - negating the advantage of Good's OTA sync'ing. Are there any plans to either add personal e-mail and SMS integration into Good, or to integrate Good contacts into native e-mail and SMS applications?