Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    I just got an email reply from Paul. The check went out today. Glad people on here had his info. Too bad you have to resort to this kind of stuff to get the money for your Treo 650. I should have just sold mine on ebay. It would have been easier.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    my friend is still getting the run around 60 days over due. Please let everyone know...this company is up to no good!

People shouldn't have to get the runaround untill they find a president's email adress on a forum...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I know, so many people told me that I could have sold my 650 for more on ebay. I did the trade in because I thought it was easier just doing it with Palm, boy was I wrong. Live and learn.
    Hi Jimmie, I am still getting the run around with this paul robinson. I have turned my information over to a lynn at palm customer service and she is researching this . I will post that number in a minute. Alsmost 4 months and no check!
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209 View Post
    UPDATE:

Paul (CEO of PowerTrade) sent me an email asking that I update this site to reflect the latest status of my situation, so here it is: Paul sent an email stating that a check has been cut and will be sent out tomorrow (Friday). I will post here to let everyone know when I receive the check.

For all those with similar issues to mine, I urge you to email Paul [probinson@powertradeus.com] - he has been very responsive in getting this issue resolved. Again, I am very disappointed in the whole situation to begin with [my Treo should have been returned immediately when the quote was denied], but Paul is doing a good job of making it right.

I'll post when I get the check.

Well he hasn't replied to me for 3 weeks but was good at the start. No word for 3 weeks and no check! I have contacted Palm customer service!
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    I got an email today saying that I should get my check soon! I do say that they do contact you without delay. Maybe they sell our Treo's first so they have the monies to pay us. Not really but it has been over two months since we sent our Treo's in. I won't do this again.
    Repost, I have not got my check yet!!
    It appears that this promotion has been working so well for Palm that it's still going on! http://web.palm.com/promos/trade_in.jhtml# ...How many confused customers can they loot before word gets out?

Not even an easily-understandable clarification that a "Palm Retail Store" isn't the same thing as "Retail Store that sells Palms."

If they've fooled so many Forum members with their wording, my guess is that multitudes of the unwashed public has taken it in the chin with this promotion and walked away with nothing.

Perhaps there's no such thing as bad publicity when it comes to Palm... "Clarifying" that if you were one of many confused by their wording and didn't have your attorney look over the fine print they can "legally" steal your device is an interesting way to treat a repeat customer. I wonder how it's working out for them.
    Last edited by Joad; 09/23/2006 at 07:50 PM.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Hi,
    I'm the kind of person who reads the fine print and thought this was a BAD deal from the beginning. You basically send them your phone and "pray" that they see it in their good graces to send you a check. Either way, you'll never see your old phone again. I didn't fall for it. Even after their offer of extending the offer, when I didn't send my old one in, I did not. It's worth at least $150 to have as a spare phone in case something happens to my new 700P.

Not to mention the fact that even it it's not activated, it still works great as a palm organizer. Movies, e-books, music player, even TomTom GPS still work.
    Plus a $30 spare battery, and cables, chargers. Why would anyone take a chance on this slimy company?
    Quote Originally Posted by larrynj4 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm the kind of person who reads the fine print and thought this was a BAD deal from the beginning. You basically send them your phone and "pray" that they see it in their good graces to send you a check. Either way, you'll never see your old phone again. I didn't fall for it. Even after their offer of extending the offer, when I didn't send my old one in, I did not. It's worth at least $150 to have as a spare phone in case something happens to my new 700P.

Not to mention the fact that even it it's not activated, it still works great as a palm organizer. Movies, e-books, music player, even TomTom GPS still work.
    Plus a $30 spare battery, and cables, chargers. Why would anyone take a chance on this slimy company?

WELL I WILL NOT GET FALL FOR THIS NEXT TIME. IT'S BEEN TOO MUCH OF A HASSLE!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    This happened to me also. I demanded the 650 back they said they couldn't because of the agreement. Bull!! I did get a $150 coupon for the Palm Store. Big deal. I consider it a rip off by Palm and beware when dealing with Palm.
  10.    #130  
    Yep - these guys are sneaky. I'm very surprised Palm got into bed with an outfit like this. It feels very much like a business model based on hoping most people just give up on trying to get either the money or the 650 returned. Hopefully, by keeping the spotlight on this, we can put a crimp in that extra profit margin they were expecting...
    I too have been caught up in this game for over four months (Powertrade recieved my Treo on June 12th, 2006 - still no check). Here is a copy of my letter (not an email, an actual letter that I signed and sent via USPS) to Ed Colligan (and sent a copy under seperate cover to Jeff Hawkins) that I mailed yesterday:

Ed Colligan
    Palm, Inc
    950 W. Maude Ave.
    Sunnyvale, CA 94085

Dear Mr. Colligan

I’m writing to express my dissatisfaction with the Palm rebate programs that are being run through Market Velocity and Powertrade LLC.

The program states that when you buy a new Palm Treo 700p directly from Palm you qualify for a $150 rebate on your old Treo 650 via Powertrade LLC. I completed all the steps required and received a notification (quote 97151) on June 12th, 2006 that my Treo 650 had been received and I would receive my rebate check within 30 days. After two months I began contacting the Palm Customer Service email address that was provided for help, which turned out to be not Palm, but Market Velocity. When did you stop representing yourselves as a company directly to your customers?

After a lengthy back n’ forth email exchange I finally received notice on August 29th, 2006 that my check (#30092) for $150 had been printed and mailed. Thirty days later I still don’t have a check. Yes I know Palm states on the website that the transaction isn’t with Palm but Powertrade, but when you force the transaction to start with Palm (the Treo 700p for example must be purchased directly through Palm to qualify for the rebate program) you make your company part of the process, even if its indirect, in your customer’s eyes.

Clearly this is one of those programs that milks out the delivery process to the absolute maximum to leverage the float; I’d almost expect that if I was dealing with some eBay retailer, but you, Palm Inc., endorse and promote this program. I have been a Palm customer since the very first Pilot – I’ve owned five different Palm Pilot models and now two Treos and been a staunch supporter of the Palm OS (and as an IT vice president with over 20 years of industry experience I can tell you Palm needs all the influential players it can get in the enterprise community).

I’m not writing you about the $150. I’m writing you because I firmly believe that customer service in this country has reached an all-time low and something has to be done. We have to stop the outsourcing of all the customer interactions and remain accountable to our core users. Why is it so impossible to find a contact email on Palm’s website? If you’re going to offer customer retention programs you need to ensure they work. Read the message boards – your customers are feeling more and more disenfranchised from your brand every day, and they used to be one of the most rabid user communities.

I hope you’ll take a personal interest in this. I realize the competitive market pressures make partnerships such these look attractive on paper, but you need to hold these firms accountable and treat them as an extension of your company if they are going to represent you.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Tschiltsch
    http://store.palm.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=1200022

Well, it looks like this questionable "offer" is still up and running at Palm as of the middle of November - see how they carefully use "us" (Palm) actually means "them" (the third-party who Palm claims to have nothing to do with). It's an incredibly deceptive ad - designed to match Palm's site, alleging to be from Palm and sucking in the gullible with "it's incredibly easy."

...but then again, maybe they mean "it's incredibly easy to be screwed out of your fully functional Treo 650 if you trust us." I know Palm has stooped to low behavior with customers before, but this program is just absolutely pathetic. Hopefully they burned a few lawyers in the process of running this and will have some justified lawsuits to deal with very soon.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    File a law suite in small claims court for the value of the Treo. They are limited to their attorney representation in small claims court and for the value of the Treo it should be well within the limit of a small claims court filing. I understand that sm claims court is not difficult to file in at all.
    You might get luck and they won't show to the hearing, which means the judge might just side with the plaintiff (you.)

I'd also contact the FTC (Federal Trade Comission) and report that this is basically a desceptive scam. FTC might not actually do something about it, but it's worth a shot.
    An Update to my dilema with these idiots at Palm Tradeups ,after sending emails to the CEO saying i was going to sue, aparently they cut me a check for $150 i got it a week later, then received an email for the $150 coupon for for use at PALM i was originaly promised, so i made out with $300 not bad, i deposited the check right away and used my coupon at PALM right away before these guys had a chance to change their minds.
    Guys: I'm another sucker for this scam. Glad I found this site after failing a complaint to the Atlanta BBB. I emailed Paul Robinson CEO at Powertrade today and call him at the office. We'll see...
    Good News! Thanks to reading details on this site I received (and cashed) my check for $150. It took filing complaint at the Better Business Bureau in Atlanta, Georgia, repeative phone calls to Powertrade (you can leave a message on the CEO's voicemail but he won't return calls) and repetative emails to an apparently apologetic Paul Robinson at Powertrade. Filed report to Federal Trade Commission but let's face it, this company knows it can take your hardware avoid most hassles because who's gonna hire an attorney over $150? I persued the issue over principal and spent alot more than $150 in my time, but the satisfaction of it might be worth it...
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567