Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209
    Good news! I hope mine shows up soon!
    I hope so for your sake...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    After sending Palm a "do the right thing" email I got this this morning.

"Thank you for your interest in the Palm Trade-In Program.

Your check, #xxxxx in the amount of $150.00, has been printed and mailed. You should receive it soon.

If you have any additional questions, please contact us.

Palm Trade-In Customer Service

palmcustomerservice@marketvelocity.com

http://palm.tradeups.com"

I recommend anyone that got scammed to seek further assistance.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    After sending Palm a "do the right thing" email I got this this morning.

"Thank you for your interest in the Palm Trade-In Program.

Your check, #xxxxx in the amount of $150.00, has been printed and mailed. You should receive it soon.

If you have any additional questions, please contact us.

palmcustomerservice@marketvelocity.com

http://palm.tradeups.com"

I recommend anyone that got scammed to seek further assistance.

Jimmie -

I have been getting the runaround from these turkeys as well. I called 3 weeks ago and they said they sent the check to the wrong address. I called back this week and they said that they had not sent the check until last week and that I should wait. I am going to call one more time, after which I will start the email campaign to the CEO. What a pain, I could've sold my 650 on eBay for $200 + easily, and I did the Palm trade in as I thought I was helping Palm by selling them my refurbed Treo at such a low cost.

Pain in the ***!
    I know, so many people told me that I could have sold my 650 for more on ebay. I did the trade in because I thought it was easier just doing it with Palm, boy was I wrong. Live and learn.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I just got in from work and in my mailbox was a $150 check from Powertrade.
    Jimmie Geddes
  6.    #106  
    Nothing for me yet...
    For those that actually receive a check...

CASH IT IMMEDIATELY!

8.    #108  
    Yeah - if I ever GET a check. I've sent Paul at PowerTrade two emails now asking for a status (did it get mailed or not). He reads them (I did a read receipt) but never answers. If I don't get the check on Monday, the next step is to contact Palm, the BBB, and the GA State Attorney General. For someone that was very concerned that I posted my experience here at Treocentral, he [Paul] seems to be doing his best to make sure this gets a lot of bad press.

PowerTrade - if you are reading this, let's get this resolved like adults. Please do what's right and respond to your customers. You are creating a very bad public perception for yourselves. Do you think that anyone is likely to use your service again if you don't make this right?
  9.    #109  
    Well - I told Paul at PowerTrade that I would post here when I received my check and it came today! Thanks to Paul for honoring the original quoted price and sending the check.

That being said, this was not a positive experience. I find the policies of this company to be contrary to standard business practices at best - not what I would expect from a Palm partner. Palm - if you list someone on your website, whether you state you have a relationship with them or not, a relationship is implied. I would expect Palm to have ferreted out any disreputable business practice such as I found in my experience with PowerTrade. I learned my lesson - a Palm "partner" doesn't necessarily mean a good experience.
    Hey guys just an update after the last post i made with the email that i received from our friends saying they would give me a $150 coupon to use for anything at Palm...to my suprise after looking in the mail i received a check for $150 the same i was quoted when this whole fiasco started, thank god it is over for me, i bet there are hundreds of people out there that will be out of a Treo and money because they dont know about this forum. thanks to all you guys for the help and support.
    My check arrived today too. Thanks to everyone in this thread, especially ksmith and dcpmark, as well as to Paul Robinson at Powertrade and the customer service folks at Market Velocity for doing the right thing.

But no thanks at all to Palm. Their website is still just as opaque as ever about this. Other trusting customers are sure to get fleeced.
    http://web.palm.com/promos/trade_in.jhtml

A curious wrinkle I just noticed. If you’re a business, “You may purchase your new devices from any retail, reseller, or carrier.” This is just wrong.
    http://www.palm.com/us/promotions/biz_tradeup/

Palm should set it right: treat everyone equally or be clear about the real deal for individuals. Adding one sentence would do the trick. I just don’t understand why they don’t. Maybe this thread is sticky-worthy until they do.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209
    Thanks to everyone for their great advice - especially DCPMark for the addresses that got the job done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utonian
    My check arrived today too. Thanks to everyone in this thread, especially ksmith and dcpmark, as well as to Paul Robinson at Powertrade and the customer service folks at Market Velocity for doing the right thing.
    I'm glad I could help you guys out, and that this issue is being resolved. I was fairly certain that the CEO of Powertrade would be able to make this right....
    Just got my check today--Thanks for posting the e-mail address of the CEO and sharing your strategy--took a while for me but it worked!
    The most ridiculous part of all this is the stipulation of it having to have bought the 700p from Palm, when in conjunction with Palm saying they are not a part of this. Obviously Palm is getting something out of these returns or they would not be a stipulation of the 700p having to be bought from them.

I too thought about selling to PowerTrade thinking eBay would be a hassle. I am soooooo glad that I sold it on eBay instead. I threw in the 1 GB SD card Palm packaged with the 700p and got $285. So neither company can say that a returned 650 is not worth the $150 quoted regardless of where your 700p was bought.

I am much less likely to trust Palm in the future.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    give me 500 bucks, I will take care of that guy and return the palm safe and sound to your hand within 2 weeks!! NO MORE TRASH TALKS!
    Argh... I've been having problems with these guys too.. First they tell me that it takes a while for the device to be inventoried into their system. I just forwarded the email to the CEO. Hopefully he can help.

Here is the latest response:
    Subject: RE: Palm Trade In Confirmation
    Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:54:15 -0400
    From: Palm Customer Service <palmcustomerservice@marketvelocity.com>
    To: Jeff

Thank you for using the Palm Trade-In Program.

This program is a service provided to registered participants by Powertrade Inc., (www.powertradeus.com) an independent third party. All items shipped as part of the Palm Trade-In program are sent to Powertrade Inc., and all checks are issued by Powertrade, Inc. You have contacted the Customer Service group, an independent contracted service provided by Market Velocity.

Currently, our system indicates that your trade-in unit was received at the warehouse. Unfortunately, we do not have any further information as to when your check will actually be issued. We appreciate your patience while we send a request to Powertrade Inc. to verify the status of your check. As soon as we have the follow-up information requested, we will be back in touch.

Thank you for your patience, and thank you for using the Palm Trade In Program.

mailtoalmcustomerservice@marketvelocity.com

http://palm.tradeups.com

Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2006 12:41 AM
    To: Palm Customer Service
    Subject: Re: Palm Trade In Confirmation

Ok... So now its been more then 30 days since 7/11. It's been 45 days since 7/11 and almost 90 days since I first sent you my Treo 650. I still haven't received my check. What is going on?

Jeff
  17.    #117  
    Contact Paul (PowerTrade CEO) directly. I wouldn't waste my time with the rest of them if I were you...
    Just an fyi. My Treo 650 was sent to PowerTrade over 60 days ago. I finally got around to e-mailing Paul at PowerTrade last night and got a response in less than 24 hours.

Here are the relevant details:

To: "'Bob Crawford'"
    Subject: RE: Palm Tradeup - Quote Number XXXXX
    Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:59:37 -0400

Bob:

I am so sorry for the delays in getting your proper payment. I have verified that a check went out today to you

For the amounts of $150.00 – check # XXXXXXX in today’s mail.

The check was sent to:
    Robert Crawford
    [address]

My sincere apologies for the delays and thank you for your understanding.

Kindest Regards,
    Paul
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 7:12 PM
    To: probinson@powertradeus.com
    Cc: palmcustomerservice@marketvelocity.com
    Subject: Palm Tradeup - Quote Number XXXXXX

Mr. Robinson,

I didn't want to have to email you about this, but I was left without any other choice. I mailed my Treo 650 to the Palm Trade Up Program over 2 months ago. I have called several times regarding my $150 check and have not been able to get an answer.

My quote number is XXXXX.

Please let me know when I can expect my $150 check.

Regards,
    Bob Crawford
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform View Post
    Just an fyi. My Treo 650 was sent to PowerTrade over 60 days ago. I finally got around to e-mailing Paul at PowerTrade last night and got a response in less than 24 hours.

Here are the relevant details:

To: "'Bob Crawford'"
    Subject: RE: Palm Tradeup - Quote Number XXXXX
    Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:59:37 -0400

Bob:

I am so sorry for the delays in getting your proper payment. I have verified that a check went out today to you

For the amounts of $150.00 – check # XXXXXXX in today’s mail.

The check was sent to:
    Robert Crawford
    [address]

My sincere apologies for the delays and thank you for your understanding.

Kindest Regards,
    Paul
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 7:12 PM
    To: probinson@powertradeus.com
    Cc: palmcustomerservice@marketvelocity.com
    Subject: Palm Tradeup - Quote Number XXXXXX

Mr. Robinson,

I didn't want to have to email you about this, but I was left without any other choice. I mailed my Treo 650 to the Palm Trade Up Program over 2 months ago. I have called several times regarding my $150 check and have not been able to get an answer.

My quote number is XXXXX.

Please let me know when I can expect my $150 check.

Regards,
    Bob Crawford
    I got an email today saying that I should get my check soon! I do say that they do contact you without delay. Maybe they sell our Treo's first so they have the monies to pay us. Not really but it has been over two months since we sent our Treo's in. I won't do this again.
    !

When I first complained to Powertrade, they offered my a $150 credit at the Palm Store. Later, based on info from this thread, I got the $150 check from Paul Robinson.

Last week, I got the $150 credit also!!!

The check is cashed, and I just received my $150 in merchandise!!

Worked out quite well after all!!!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast