Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    ...I don't see how Powetrade can keep these devices without sending people their checks, it seems criminal.
    To me, it is like taking your car to a dealer to trade in and, when they do a test drive, they inform you that they won't do the trade but SURPRISE - they are keeping the car.
  2.    #82  
    Hmmm... No check today...
    The mail can be notoriously slow. I once mailed a letter to an address 10 miles away. It took 21 days to arrive. I once received a letter from about 50 miles away that got routed through several overseas Naval post offices. No reason why for either of those (addresses correct, postage paid, names right, etc.).

However, given what's gone before with this company, it might be time to call and ask for a new check to be sent via overnight mail or you'll need to contact the BBB. It just kinds of smells bad all the way around.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon_Dickens
    I registered a customer concern with Palm on Tuesday and sent an email yesterday (Wednesday) to the CEO of Powertrade about my rebate which is now 43 days old since they received the 650 and all necessary paperwork (13 days past due). Palm called me back today at 5:30PM to say that the issue is resolved and that my check will be cut tomorrow by Powertrade. I also received the following email from the CEO of Powertrade at 7:45PM: "Your check is being issued tomorrow and will go out via US mail Tomorrow...I apologize for the inconvenience. Paul".

So, my issue is resolved assuming that Powertrade follows through as they and Palm have promised. Quite frankly, while I was unhappy with the slow payment, I am quite impressed by both Palm and Powertrade in how quickly they resolved this. So, kudos to both the CEO of Powertrade and to Palm.

FYI,

Gordon Dickens
    I received my check today from Powertrade so my issue has been totally resolved. I was impressed with the rapid speed with which both Palm and PowerTrade reacted to my problem and I thank them both for their prompt attention and response. IMHO, they seized a potential PRPRPR $disaster$ $and$ $have$ $turned$ $it$ $into$ $a$ $very$ $positive$ $customer$ $relations$ $windfall$. $I$ $commend$ $both$ $Powertrade$ $and$ $Palm$ $for$ $their$ $handling$ $of$ $my$ $situation$. $This$ $experience$ $definitely$ $makes$ $me$ $comfortable$ $continuing$ $doing$ $business$ $with$ $both$ $Powertrade$ $and$ $Palm$ $in$ $the$ $future$ $and$ $I$ $wish$ $more$ $companies$ $responded$ $to$ $customer$ $issues$ $as$ $well$ $as$ $they$ $have$ $in$ $this$ $situation$.

FYI,

Gordon Dickens
    How much did they send you?
    diane
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism
    How much did they send you?
    $150.00 which was the quoted rebate price.

FYI,

Gordon
    I was just about to say, as others did too, start w/ the BBB

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209
    Hmmm... No check today...
    ditto for me too!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Ok Guys after about 10 emails to everyone but President Bush , and 2 months of waiting. this is the email i get from our friends.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Palm Trade-In Program.

The following is taken from the Terms and Conditions that you agreed to when you initiated your trade-in transaction:

Releasing rights to your traded product

"Once you send Powertrade, LLC your product, Powertrade, LLC cannot and does not guarantee that it will be able to honor any request for return of the product and/or any data or information contained in said product. In most cases, product cannot be returned." ( https://palm.tradeups.com/PalmTerms.asp?Palm=1 )

We have checked with Powertrade, LLC and they have confirmed that they are unable to return your item.

Because of the misunderstanding, and as a gesture of customer satisfaction, Powertrade, LLC will be sending you a $150 coupon. The coupon can be used towards the purchase of anything available at Palm.com.

If you have any additional questions, please contact us.

Palm Trade-In Customer Service

palmcustomerservice@marketvelocity.com

http://palm.tradeups.com
    That is unacceptable, a $150 coupon to Palm.com??????? If I were you I'd be on the phone now, and they would be making right and then some for this. Completey unacceptable.
    Jimmie Geddes
    A $150 coupon, instead of a check!?! Unf***ing believable!!! D@mn, I'm mad for you! If I were you, I'd get on the horn and yell at those fools! The company is a complete scam operation!!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    I'm telling you this is like a nightmare,i think one of the other guys here got a similar email. Let me tell you this, i learned my lesson, i was trying to avoid the headaches of ebay but thisis ridiculous
    Rick I copied what you posted and emailed Palm about it, they should be ashamed of themselves to be associated with this type of business. If I were you I would get on the phone with them.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Jimmie , this feels like a losing battle, i emailed the CEO i put a read receipt 3 times on my outlook , it shows that he read it, but never even had the curtesy to respond, instead i got a few emails from customer service ,telling me the same thing they cant return, blah blah blah.
    have you tried calling them? I called them yesterday and they said my account was showing it was being escalated. I'd try calling and speaking to a live person. I feel your pain though, but fight it.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Some new info that might help. Thanks to the alert here (much appreciated!), last week I sent an email to Powertrade and got the same promise for a check that everyoneís been getting from Paul Robinson. I also called customer service, though, and they told me that since they hadnít received my Treo yet, Powertrade would just refuse delivery and FedEx would return it to me. Fine with me. However, when I checked later, FedEx tracking showed it was delivered and that it was accepted.

So I just called customer service and was informed that because of my email to Paul Robinson, Powertrade was going to issue me a check for $150 instead. Thatís fine with me too. Evidently that check was put in the mail yesterday. Fingers crossed.

There seems to be three companies involved here: Palm Store, Powertrade, and the customer service firm contracted by both, Market Velocity. Palm Store is simply sitting on their hands about all this. Market Velocity can tell you if the check is in the mail and have been very helpful on the phone. But Powertrade is cutting the checks.

If you havenít already done so, send an email directly to Paul Robinson. He apparently has made a business decision to fix the problem, at least for the people who contact him directly. Due credit to him for doing the right thing.

Rick, Iím hoping youíre talking about just Palm being so asinine and that youíll get the right answer if you send an email directly to Powertrade Ö if not, all bets are off and the fight goes on.

Meanwhile, Iíll be waiting for my check. Since it involves the postal service now, Iíll add the Postmaster General to my complaint list along with the BBB etc if it doesnít come. As far as I can tell, Palm Store still hasnít lifted a finger to clarify this ďofferĒ on their website. Shame.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Sounds like the only way this has even a chance of getting resolved is calling Paul Robinson. Sounds like they will continue screwing everyone who doesn't happen to have Paul's email address. It is apparent they have learned the wrong lesson. Like the thief who gets caught stealing. When asked what he learned, he stated "not to get caught!". This makes me hope karma is real!
    Well...

Looks like I have been made "whole" again!!! I received my $150 Check today. This was the agreed upon amount.

I don't think I'll partake in any of these shenanigans in the future!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by WiggyFife
    Well...

Looks like I have been made "whole" again!!! I received my $150 Check today. This was the agreed upon amount.

I don't think I'll partake in any of these shenanigans in the future!!!
    Good news! I hope mine shows up soon!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast