1.    #1  
    In the past, I only use Avantgo to subscribe NYTimes, Businessweek or etc. Since Avantgo is getting bigger and annoying, I wanna have a change. Can anyone recommend me some similar but more powerful and convenient software?? big big thanks!
    Handmark Express is pretty nice. Good interface and pretty quick. Does cost money though. I have tried several RSS readers, including Quick News and MRss. Rss readers can be very comprehensive, but they are also a bit cumbersome and the switching back and forth between your Browser is a pain. Quick News is suppose to switch with one button but I could never get it to work. MRss is pretty simple and really has some potential, but it caused constant resets on my 650. Avantgo used to be good but it's gotten worse.

That being said, I think the best way to view news, sports, whatever, is to either use Initiate launcher or SharkLinks. With these, you can set up direct shortcuts to you websites. So, when you select them, it opens Blazer and goes to the site. If you choose mobile sites or use google compression, they pull up pretty fast. In fact, if I am in Blazer, instead of going to the bookmarks pages, it is faster to use my home button and go back to my "tab" of web shortcuts. With Initiate, (or with ZLauncher and Sharklinks), you can set up a tab of only your shortcuts and quickly navigate to your websites.

Like I say, I've tried a lot of different ways and this works best for me.
    Try Quick News - worth every penny and there is a free demo
    AvantGo works for me.. Yes, nearly every sync there is an ad you have to click "No thanks" to, but the rest seems fine.

If you sync to SD card, the size of its stuff shouldn't matter to you really.
    "Get News" is really good and it's free.

http://sivilsoft.blogspot.com/2005/1...blic-beta.html
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    AvantGo works for me.. Yes, nearly every sync there is an ad you have to click "No thanks" to, but the rest seems fine.

If you sync to SD card, the size of its stuff shouldn't matter to you really.
    I read on another thread that the very latest version of Avantgo has some sort of bug/feature that requires that you enter a password each time you use it, don't know if that's true or not because I am still using the old version
    garinballbarin
    No, it doesn't.. And if that happens, you simply go into AGConnect, click Settings, and check 'Refresh All Content'. That used to happen on the old version pretty frequently, but I was thinking it was fixed in the latest version. I'm using 6.0 3027, there might be a newer version, this is about a month old.. Have't looked.

New version is nicer, although offhand I forget why..
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe
    Try Quick News - worth every penny and there is a free demo
    Izzi:

Can you get quick news to return to the program directly from Blazer instead of going through applications? It is supposed to and I can't get it to work. I selected Applications in the preferences for directly going back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Grindell

http://sivilsoft.blogspot.com/2005/1...blic-beta.html
    Jay:

That is a pretty slick little app, especially for a beta. I see it was released as beta last fall. Have there been any updates since then?
    Hi GA,

I have no trouble getting right back to QN from Blazer. I have it QN set to open with the Option + Mail keys. After I read something in Blazer, I hit this key combo and go right back to where I was in QN.

I'm running version 1.22 of QN. There were some bugs in 1.24 and I'm waiting for the official release of 1.25.

Does that help?

http://sivilsoft.blogspot.com/2005/...ublic-beta.html

Jay:

That is a pretty slick little app, especially for a beta. I see it was released as beta last fall. Have there been any updates since then?

No updates that I know of.