Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Just in case nobody figured this out yet. Blazer(Yup, the included web browser) will work with google maps. The adress is: http://maps.google.com

It says not supported, but if you do a search it will load a map.

This works in optimized mode or wide page mode. I prefer wide page mode. Now I can get rid of that buggy kmaps, and maybe even the whole ibm java vm since I only use it for kmaps and opera mini, both of which I don't really use anymore.

Wooohooo!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I just tried it and it rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle
    Just in case nobody figured this out yet. Blazer(Yup, the included web browser) will work with google maps. The adress is: http://maps.google.com

It says not supported, but if you do a search it will load a map.

This works in optimized mode or wide page mode. I prefer wide page mode. Now I can get rid of that buggy kmaps, and maybe even the whole ibm java vm since I only use it for kmaps and opera mini, both of which I don't really use anymore.

Wooohooo!

Hot d@mn! You're right, it works great! The tip on using wide page mode works extra well too! Map comes out much larger, and easier to see, when using wide page mode.

Thanks,
    Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Great find. I am not sure I am ready to get rid of Kmaps yet. I find it more difficult to navigate that gmaps in blazer then Kmaps, and I still can't load info from my contacts.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Agree...this is very cool....although still does not let you use your finger or stylus to drag on the map to move it in any direction as you can do in a nav system or on a regular computer browser.
    Kmaps googlowned!

I wish it has traffic support. It works on the E61.
    I keep getting a message that "JavaScript in not ready"

Any suggestions?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    GREAT tip. Thank you

Mike
    Pretty fast too. Now if I can only get Blazer to stop crashing (seems clear cache on exit did not do the trick).
    Noodle, thanks for the heads up, its working for me too.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  11. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    It has worked for a while. KMaps is still better though. The latest version works pretty well on my 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by t4l
    It has worked for a while. KMaps is still better though. The latest version works pretty well on my 700p
    Agreed.

Javier
    Still don't see anyway to view satellite images. Anyone know a work around?
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    I keep getting a message that "JavaScript in not ready"

Any suggestions?
    TIA
    It's working now.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    ummm since when did this not work? Granted I skipped the 650, but my 600 worked with google maps as well.
    work great! and much nicer than other map search, yahoo, msn. or mapquest I used before. thanx
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    your all welcome, all I ask is you share the love when you find other little tips, as most already do anyway
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Do you need Java for google maps to work in Blazer? If so, which files do I download and install from palm's website?

TIA.
    Earthcomber is also nice. You can load maps onto card OTA and pan full screen views.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipster
    Earthcomber is also nice. You can load maps onto card OTA and pan full screen views.
    Yep. I plan on trying out Earthcomber as well. Nice and free from what I can tell, plus you can download updated movie information for chosen areas everytime you sync...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast