1.    #1  
    Anybody is having this problem? I tried install the newest version of CJKOS many times. I can duplicate the problem even on a brand new hard-reseted 700p.

Basically the moment I installed CJKOS, certain sites will stop working. For me they are flickr and my.orb.com. Both of them require cookie and login I guess but other sites seem to be fine. Even going to flickr.com main page will give me a blank screen. Blazer just sits there doing nothing.

I have the same CJKOS on my old Treo 650 and it worked just fine. Now that my number has been ported I can't use 650 to go online to double check anymore, but I am pretty sure I could go to all the login sites, even behind the T-Mobile proxy. Of course I didn't check my orb with the 650.

There is another thing that bothers to me end is the unicode song names in my orb page doesn't work. The Chinese names will show up just fine on Opera mini but it doesn't bring up the Kinoma program so I need Blazer to browse my orb.

Awww!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I see similar problems.
    I emailed the author and he said that he didn't have a unit to test with. So I guess we're stuck. The only suggestion he could give me was to avoid the localizations which help prevent the unit from resetting. BTW, my last contact to him was when I got my T700p which was about 2 months ago.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    I see similar problems.
    I emailed the author and he said that he didn't have a unit to test with. So I guess we're stuck. The only suggestion he could give me was to avoid the localizations which help prevent the unit from resetting. BTW, my last contact to him was when I got my T700p which was about 2 months ago.
    I got the same reply from the author. I think it's most likely a Blazer problem. I don't remember any Blazer problem with 650/CJKOS. And I had different versions of Blazer on my English unbranded 650. The one I was using was the hacked Blazer (taken from LifeDrive I think) and it had no problem.

What website you have problem with btw. Time to email Palm I guess.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Well, I doubt it's a Blazer/Palm problem. Sites such as the mobile version of Google would yield a blank screen. The only remedy the I can come up with is to temporarily disable CJKOS when I go to these sites - which means no Chinese/Japanese/Korean for some of the sites. These sites launched perfectly fine with T650.

Also, I highly doubt Palm will look into this as CJKOS is not their software. But of course feel free to let them know just in case they can fix it while handling all the other problems with the 700p.

What I worry about is the commitment of the author of CJKOS. Understanding it may be difficult to get ahold of a working CDMA unit in Guangzhou (China), I'm disappointed that he didn't even bother to replicate the problem using an emulator. Also, I've not been able to find a comparable shareware/software that's a replacement of CJKOS. If CJKOS ceases to catch up with the new Treo's, probably my T700p is the last Palm-based Treo I'll have.
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
  5.    #5  
    Oh you are right. Turning off cjkOS does fix the prblem with flickr. So there problem also exist with 650? Shame I can't check now.

Now is there ANYWAY to display chinese correctly on orb.com. What worry me is the GSM version of the new Treo will be WM5 only. We may never see an update of cjkOS again.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    So there problem also exist with 650?
    As I said I had no problems with T650, just T700p. Obviously CJKOS cannot handle the newer version of Blazer that's installed on T700p for some sites. I believe these sites are not written in the 'traditional way'. (Well, don't ask me more beyond what 'traditional way' really means. )

Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Now is there ANYWAY to display chinese correctly on orb.com. What worry me is the GSM version of the new Treo will be WM5 only. We may never see an update of cjkOS again.
    I'm sorry I can't help more on the display of Chinese on orb.com except to ask Opera Mini to start supporting launching built-in players (i.e. Kinoma).
    BTW, I share the exact same concern of no more updates from CJKOS. I do see there are equivalents in WM which are in active developments. If you see any CJKOS equivalents for 700p please post.
    I just installed CJKOS. I only see cManager, I don't see CJKOS anywhere. It is listed in the "Info" but I can't find it under my Tro desktop. How do you guys make it work?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by batmon
    I just installed CJKOS. I only see cManager, I don't see CJKOS anywhere. It is listed in the "Info" but I can't find it under my Tro desktop. How do you guys make it work?
    It's best to use the installation program (Install.exe). If you insist to sync up the files manually, you need (at least) these files:
    CJKOS.prc
    cManager.prc
    Big52GBK.PDB
    GBxBIG5.PDB
    (You may need more files than these. I cannot recall exactly how I did it when I upgraded from 650).

As mentioned in my earlier post, don't bother to install any localization files. They won't work and if you enable localization, your Treo will reset.
    I did use the install.exe to do the installation. First time I did I didn't install any localization and I can't find CJKOS icon. So I tried install.exe again with localization chose, and still can't see CJKOS... ???
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Then just sync CJKOS.prc over and see if it helps.

If not, you may want to delete CJKOS and run Install again. Another suggestion is to go through readme.htm.
  11.    #11  
    I just tried deleted CJKOS and installed HandDragon. Seem to have similar problems. Going to my.orb.com doesn't show any Chinese at all, not even gibberish code. Going to other Chinese sites gives random resets. Yahoo Taiwan is fine, but Yahoo Hong Kong is reboot heaven. CJKOS is probably less scary.

BTW I really like HandDragon's fonts.
    I think the fundamental problem is CJKOS author didn't have a full flawless test on 700p. But this kind of problem has crippled palm users for years since the ignorance of palm. That's why many times I want to switch to ppc which has no such issue at all....
    I have the same problem, too. I just disable it and enable it as I need. It is not only causing problem with Blazer but also with pTune. My pTune will act slower if CJKOS is enabled. I have less problem with it disabled. Maybe Blazer should come out with an international verison.
    Quote Originally Posted by PALM_USER
    I have the same problem, too. I just disable it and enable it as I need. It is not only causing problem with Blazer but also with pTune. My pTune will act slower if CJKOS is enabled. I have less problem with it disabled. Maybe Blazer should come out with an international verison.

Gee, that's gonna kill me if I keep running disable - enable - disable -...better have a button assigned directly to this "enable or disable" function!!!
    heheheh if you search around in the 700p forum you will found this http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=116989 disable is the key to this work around. 700p is still too new but it works for chinese web site...that is good enough for me!
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w