Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    what are your guys thoughts on Causerie? Pros, Cons, and does it used data or is it charged to your sms? and does the basic version let you login to different chat applications...such as google talk and aim at the same time?
    Quote Originally Posted by dezicartel
    what are your guys thoughts on Causerie? Pros, Cons, and does it used data or is it charged to your sms? and does the basic version let you login to different chat applications...such as google talk and aim at the same time?
    Been a long time user.
    Uses data or SMS, your choice (when running in the background).
    You can log into multiple IM services with the basic version.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Take a look also at Mundu IM
  4.    #4  
    thanks, ya i checked out mundu, but i want google talk supported as well. thanks guys anything bad that you have noticed about causerie?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I have only two issues:

1) It's VERY slow exiting out of Causerie in background mode....5-7 seconds of white screen.
    2) If you exit Causerie in background mode with a chat open, an alert is triggered without a new IM coming in. Then you have to go to your Alerts screen and manually shut off the alerts. If you close all chats before you exit, no problems. However, I like to keep my chats open during the day, so this is a problem for me.

Once these two things are fixed it will the perfect program for me. I believe they are working on the slow exit times, but so far no one has responded to my complaints regarding the alert problem.
    I'd take Causerie over any other IM app. right now solely because its developers are so responsive to their user base. Just take a peek in their forum and you'll see tons of updates from them. There's a new version almost weekly.
    My concern would be support. Ben
    Oh, that's the one of the things you don't have to worry about with Causerie. As I said, its developers are very responsive and if you have a problem or suggestion they usually work on it asap. Don't take my word for it though, take a peek in their forum.
    the slow opening and closing of causerie was the deal killer for myself. verichat and toccer open and close instantly... although causerie never crashed my 700p.
    I have a couple of their products and support for both was non-existent. They start out strong and after a while, they stop totally. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    I have a couple of their products and support for both was non-existent. They start out strong and after a while, they stop totally. Ben
    Which one of their products?
    this and the hack verichat works the same on my 700p. they both reset my phone, sign off then on. sometimes Causerie shows me logged in but never recieve aims. maybe the only diff is the support.
    Quote Originally Posted by HUSH
    this and the hack verichat works the same on my 700p. they both reset my phone, sign off then on. sometimes Causerie shows me logged in but never recieve aims. maybe the only diff is the support.
    What version of Causerie are you using?
  14.    #14  
    dang islndboi, u the official spokesperson for causerie?.......can u hook it up with a registration key or something? and if I install the .prc from the forums that have the updates from peoples requests...will they still ask me for a registration code?
    I got ver. 3.2.3. when it logs me out I also have to log in manually again. it also resets my phone just like the hack verichat, hate it.

700P verizon
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HUSH
    I got ver. 3.2.3. when it logs me out I also have to log in manually again. it also resets my phone just like the hack verichat, hate it.

700P verizon
    That version is old. I've attached the newest one. Also, here is the thread to always get the latest version in the future:

http://www.mantragroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198
    Attached Files Attached Files
    cool...i will try it out. I got that old ver on your site 4 days ago.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I don't have anything to do with the company, but I think you will be happy with this latest beta version for the 700p.
    Call Shield & Causerie. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Which one of their products?
    So can you answer a couple of questions:

1) What's the difference between the standard and premiere editions of Causerie? I have had difficulty understanding the difference.
    2) I have also seen conflicting reports about the cost of Causerie. Is it a one time fee or a yearly subscription?

TIA.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast