Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yeah, yeah... most problems with Treos are caused by 3rd party software. Pffft. Three Treos and zero 3rd party software later and the POS remains unreliable.

I hung in there as long as I could... After every Treo receipient in my firm returned theirs, exchanging it for something else, I held onto mine. I can't take it anymore.

Someone should seriously consider filing a class action lawsuit against Palm for pushing this piece o' crap to market... it's a steamer!
    I just want to thank everyone who made this day necessary.
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out...
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

http://www.notebookforums.com/images...s/yeahthat.gif

I don't think you can file a lawsuit for user error . If you can't use the device, then that's your fault and your problem.

Bye.

Wasn't there a class action lawsuit against Palm a little while ago? I don't know what happened to it though.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ss+action+palm

What a colossal waste of time and energy those class action lawsuits are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfart
    Yeah, yeah... most problems with Treos are caused by 3rd party software. Pffft. Three Treos and zero 3rd party software later and the POS remains unreliable.

I hung in there as long as I could... After every Treo receipient in my firm returned theirs, exchanging it for something else, I held onto mine. I can't take it anymore.

Someone should seriously consider filing a class action lawsuit against Palm for pushing this piece o' crap to market... it's a steamer!
    You have had it for how long and are now coming to this conclusion
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

There are some problems with Treos, but when you consider that Palm has sold millions of them, and most users seem quite satisfied, maybe the real problem is you?

I've had my 650 since shortly after they came out, and it's close to perfect. I honestly can't recall the last time it reset, and I have a whole bunch of 3rd party software installed.

Do you have the most recent firmware? Have you bothered to read the manual? Have you tried to get help here, or did you just join to b1tch?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    How to have a stable Treo.

Step 1: Figure out which applications you really need.
    Step 2: Install them.
    Step 3: Quit installing every single little third party interface enhancement/make my Treo look like a Mac/funny ringtone/game/beta/piece of junk software.
    Step 4: Repeat Step 3.
    Step 5. Repeat Step 3.
    Step 6. Repeat Step 3.

When I started using a Palm (in '98), the fun was seeing just how much stuff I could install. In fact, I bought my Palm not knowing you could install software on it (coming from a Sharp Wizard where you couldn't). That first night, all I did was put junk on it.

But back in the day, those things were rock solid and never, ever, crashed on me. The Treo is a different story.

Now, I just install what I really need and the thing never crashes. I have had my share of spontaneous roboots and preferences losses, but only when I had spent an evening at Freeware Palm installing stuff only for the fun of it.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Today I had to remove the battery cover and push the reset button. Then I thought, God, it's been weeks since I had to do this. This damn thing is half way stable!
    Hey Dogfart,

If you are sick of your treo why you just put it back in it's box and send i to me.. I will make my life harder using it instead of you... And it will be with pleasure. Trust me...
    My Treo 650 and now the 700p went through a period of resets; now they both are exceedingly stable - about a month between resets and that is just not bad. Took a bit of effort, but the effort has paid off with both devices. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I've had my 650 since shortly after they came out, and it's close to perfect. I honestly can't recall the last time it reset, and I have a whole bunch of 3rd party software installed.
    +1

I bought my Treo 650 from Sprint the FIRST day they were available. I still have my original Treo 650, and I have lots of 3rd party software installed.

I make a point of not adding multiple new things at the same time. If my Treo acts up I know what did it and I get rid of it. That said, it's been a long time since that was an issue. I think most of the bad apples are fixed or gone.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
  13.    #13  
    I had the POS for 10 months and there wasn't a week that went by without a freeze or a reset. I stood by it... defended it to my peers and enjoyed it when it did what it was supposed to do. But the fact remains that there are thousands of Treo users who have had the same problems. Call your service provider and ask which piece of hardware is their most problematic: Treo.

You can try and blame the problems on third party software until the freakin' cows come home... but you know that's a BS excuse. People that continuously defend and blame hardware problems on third party software are in denial and just repeat the same garbage they've always heard.

User error lol... What a joke. < < Edit by Septimus: offensive > >

Adios
    I had the POS for 10 months and there wasn't a week that went by without a freeze or a reset. I stood by it... defended it to my peers and enjoyed it when it did what it was supposed to do. But the fact remains that there are thousands of Treo users who have had the same problems. Call your service provider and ask which piece of hardware is their most problematic: Treo.

You can try and blame the problems on third party software until the freakin' cows come home... but you know that's a BS excuse. People that continuously defend and blame hardware problems on third party software are in denial and just repeat the same garbage they've always heard.

User error lol... What a joke. Obviously you're the retarded one.

Adios
    Please make it 'Adios' for good. The fact that we don't agree with you doesn't give you license to start directing attacks at us. If you can't even have a civil conversation about how your phone works please take your attitude to some other forum.

Later!
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    You can try and blame the problems on third party software until the freakin' cows come home... but you know that's a BS excuse.

And you can blame the problems on the Palm OS until "the freakin' cows come home" ... but you know that's a BS excuse. You have no right to blame the software for your inadequacies. A Treo does exactly what it is supposed to out of the box, otherwise that lawsuit filed awhile ago might have gotten somewhere. I did a search on you, and you have been nothing but an insulting troll. I know you won't be missed on my side of the internet. Between your obscene name and avatar, and your posts, you have proven yourself to be a nasty rash in the Treo market. When people want to buy Treos they come to these forums to look up information, whether passively or actively, and it is your demographic which deters them from buying one.

I've had friends try other PDA/phones and come back to the Treo....warts and all. The fact is that there is no PDA/phone that is as stable and reliable as a plain old cell phone (yet), so if it's not for you...so be it. But many of us regularly make extensive use of the Treo's vast capabilities and are perfectly happy with it. Oh, and I've had my Cingular Treo 650 for just about a year now....the same one....with no significant problems. Those few I have had I've been able to fix with either a 3rd party app or firmware update.
  17.    #17  
    FrozenCode... the people that come to these forums should be exposed to all Treo owner's and user's opinions, including mine. The "demographic" that sits in this chair says it's a POS. There's no need for you to defend the Treo as there is an overabundance of Treo loverís posts to peruse.

I have every right to express my opinion, not just what you agree with.

< < Edit by septimus: personal attack > >

As for other responses that question whether I... opened the manual; have the latest updates; or have installed way too much third party software, get real. I didn't get to this point without extensive use and research.

When a product or tool becomes a burden to your productivity there's only one real choice. Dump it.

I have spoken!
    Last edited by Dogfart; 08/01/2006 at 08:47 PM.
    Smells like a fart in the breeze...
    @ dogfart....

ummm...weren't you leaving - never to return?

Your board name, picture and writing style makes me think you won't be missed.
    I have spoken!

Have you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast