1.    #1  
    Ok I have a treo650 with cingular with custom rom and unlocked. I just got a new job and corp gives out the blackberry for their phone. I do not want to use the blackberry and want to keep the treo. I have been reading about the blackberry connect being able to run on a the treo650. All I need is the blackberry connect data plan from cingular.

Now I want to know that my corp svc provider is verizon. Would I still be able to get the blackberry connect email on my unlocked cingular phone>?

What restrictions will I have on blackberry connect on the treo?

I am trying very hard to keep my treo and not use the blackberry but my company is making it hard
    Quote Originally Posted by rflores2323
    Ok I have a treo650 with cingular with custom rom and unlocked. I just got a new job and corp gives out the blackberry for their phone. I do not want to use the blackberry and want to keep the treo. I have been reading about the blackberry connect being able to run on a the treo650. All I need is the blackberry connect data plan from cingular.

Now I want to know that my corp svc provider is verizon. Would I still be able to get the blackberry connect email on my unlocked cingular phone>?

What restrictions will I have on blackberry connect on the treo?

I am trying very hard to keep my treo and not use the blackberry but my company is making it hard
    My understanding is that it does not matter who your service provider is, as long as the provider offers BlackBerry or BlackBerry Connect service. The reason being that your corporate BES actually connects directly to RIM (Research in Motion, based in Waterloo, Ontario) rather than the wireless provider. RIM in turn handles the transfer of the message to the appropriate wireless network.

My company uses a particular wireless carrier, but some employees have BB devices on a competing network, and use these to get corp mail. All our employees (regardless of their wireless carrier) use the same BES servers on the back end.
    I downloaded Blackberry connect. I couldn't find it on the US site, but I did find it on the Austrailian site:
    http://www.palm.com/au/solutions/pro...s.html#pagetop
    Click "Get it now."

Question is, I don't need to change my data plan with Cingular do I? I keep my PDA plan (because that's what Treo uses.) The Blackberry data plan is only for blackberries I think.
    Just wanted to know if anyone can confirm.
    I just started a new job, they use blackberries there. I was going to see if I could use BB connect on my Treo.

Thanks
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  4.    #4  
    I have read all the threads so far and from what I gather you need to update your plan to the blackberry CONNECT plan with cing. this will allow you to get the bb push email and also the internet on your phone. I called today to switch and they gave me grief since they kept saying that bbc would not work on a treo. I told them to get me a mgr and I explained about the bbc austrailian download etc.. he finally switched me but said that it would not work. I will try to set it up tomorrow and will report back.
    Please do. Thanks.
  6.    #6  
    cant do it since I haveBIS not BES... sorry.
    Has anyone with Cingular blue (old AT&T) tried to get this to work?