Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I get wav files from my vonage email and would like to play them on my 700p. When I download them it takes me to the voice recorder???

Tx

Scott
    In voice memo open the menu and you will see the option to "copy to ringtone" then you can go into your contacts and assign it to a specific one, or the sound options from the phone app and assign to to known etc...
    Palm Pro < Palm III < Palm IIIx < Palm IIIe < Palm VII < Handspring Visor < Sony PEG s320 < Kyocera 6035 < Samsung i300 < Palm TC < Sprint 650 < LifeDrive < Sprint Treo 700p < Sprint Treo 755p < Sprint Centro
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mortusnox
    In voice memo open the menu and you will see the option to "copy to ringtone" then you can go into your contacts and assign it to a specific one, or the sound options from the phone app and assign to to known etc...
    Close, but I want to be able to play back the wav. It is a voice message from Vonage... I just want a simple way to listen to it, and not thru a ring tone. P-Tunes???
    Not uncommon for unified messages to not play through the built in audio player. The encoding is not supported. Take a look at mVoicemail.
    that is correct. I have to use mvoicemail to listen to messages from my company's Avaya UM system.
    Pen+Paper > Treo300 > Treo600 > Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeptreo
    Not uncommon for unified messages to not play through the built in audio player. The encoding is not supported. Take a look at mVoicemail.

But it is a wav file... Cant P-Tunes play it??? I can play it at home w/ Windows Media Player and most others....

Just confused.

Scott
    Same problem. I get the wav file via email and it plays fine everywhere but the Treo.
    I think you need p-Tunes Deluxe.
    Someone else chime in to conifrm this.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover

HEY!! You all missed these answers from Jeep and MikeP. You have to use mVoicemail to play .wav files from voicemail.
    I think you could use any of the popular recorder/players, Audacity, mVoice, CallRec, etc. as long as you saved the file to the right folder. You can't use the Palm memo app however as it just plays ADPCM files. That is a type of compressed WAV file.
    Let's make sure the OP gets accurate information. Voicemails that are sent by email are able to be played on the Palm by mVoicemail from MotionApps. They are in a special format. I don't think there is any other program that will play them.

http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?mvm
    Last edited by gapost; 11/06/2006 at 07:57 PM.