1. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I have a 700p with Verizon, this past couple of days I sent out quite a few MMS (pics and videos), and my chat history with one particular contact was quite large with all the attachments. Today my 700p pretty much hangs after I sent out messages when it receives confirmation and tries to reload the chat history (it adds a check mark when it's confirmed)... So pretty much I was not able to send SMS or MMS to that particular contact. The only way to fix this was to receive another msg, that will notify the Messaging app and break out of the loop (or doing a soft reset)... I've fixed this by deleting the entire chat history, but this is a huge problem and limitation of the Messaging app. With my 650 I had very large histories and no problem at all... I however did not use MMS as I didn't have a data plan back then...

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    Verizon Treo 700p w/ Martin Fields and Best Skin Ever film (sold)
    Yes and for me the only way around it is to delete any chat thread not in use.
    http://www.verizonwirelessusers.com
  3. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    My other threads are relatively short, it's the one that is fairly lengthy and with MMS attachments that did it... though, I've only had the phone for about 2 weeks, my 650 had SMS threads that are way longer (I rarely purge them) and had no problems... I think it was the attachments...
    Verizon Treo 700p w/ Martin Fields and Best Skin Ever film (sold)