Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've had similar issues with a 2GB Transcend SD card I got for the my 700P as well. It was acting really strange; not recognized, recognized, but with jibberish folders, etc. I say was because it finally died this weekend. I've e-mailed Trascend support, but nothing beyond the automated "you will get an e-mail from a real person within 24hrs" bs. At least my old 256MB blue Sandisk from my Z71 still works fine. Right now, I beleive it was just a bad card, I guess I'll find out when I get a replacement.
    HP95LX--->Palm m130--->Palm Zire71--->Treo 700P --->Palm Pré
    I reformatted my 2GB A-data card using the DOS command listed in another thread. The card was instantly recognized and hasn't had a failure since (but it is still early).
    Quote Originally Posted by phatteus
    I reformatted my 2GB A-data card using the DOS command listed in another thread. The card was instantly recognized and hasn't had a failure since (but it is still early).
    Can you post a link to that thread?
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Here's the link on re-formatting. I copied my data off, formatted, and copied my data back on. I have a card reader built into my laptop.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&page=5&pp=20
    No-fix, it crapped out again. The good news is that I got a 4GB Transcend today, so hopefully it won't happen anymore with this new card.
    Maybe it's the choice of SD Card. Me and my colleagues use the Transcend 4GB bought on newegg and we haven't had any issues. We also use powerrun to run apps from the SD Card and still no issues.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I finally reformatted the card and started using cradle care by gotreosoftware. I have had one eject since loading the program two days ago. All of my files are working great and I am now a happy camper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    I cannot believe that Tier 2 support are as inept as store reps. Now I have a guy tell me that I need to downgrade the firmware on my 700p to that of the 650 to get the phone to format SD cards

Are there any 700p owners in the Chicago area that can recommend a Sprint Store other than the one on Lake and LaSalle that I can go to? For whatever reason the people at that store and the reps at CS are not willing to listen to reason and either repair or replace this phone.
    I've been several times to the one on Damen and Milwaukee, in Wicker Park. I live up there so it was convenient, but they were very helpful and the service was fast.
    Just curious if the folks having problems with the cards are having soft resets also. I have SD card problems when the treo soft-resets. The card then needs to be ejected/inserted again. It's something documented here somewhere as a known 700p problem.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    cradle care fixed that issue for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90
    Just curious if the folks having problems with the cards are having soft resets also. I have SD card problems when the treo soft-resets. The card then needs to be ejected/inserted again. It's something documented here somewhere as a known 700p problem.
    I haven't had that problem on my 700p.
    Here is my short story:
    I had a 1GB SD and I was having problems with the card been ejected after a reset and I fixed that problem with cradlecare. Though later on I realized that KeyCaps600 mod was causing this but after I changed the advance settings to Treo 650 and Last, I stopped having this problem and stop using cradlecare.

Now, I'm using a 2GB SD card and my card would not get recognize after I had it full with data. Now cradlecare doesn't do anything to the 2GB card. That was really strange, I tried to enable and disable and it just won't remount the card. I wonder if there is a size limitation or something. Therefore, I went again into KeyCaps and it seems that it was making my card to unmount so I tried this time under advance Treo 650 and default. Now that fixed it.

However, I'm still concern about about cradlecare not doing its job with my new 2GB PNY SD card.

Al
    i have a Sandisk 512mb Extreme, and a Transcend 4GB 150x. No lockups or non-recognized problems.

the VFSmark is 921 on the 512mb extreme, and 707 on the 4GB 150x Transcend

I too get the 1500 on Speedy
    Last edited by stuigi; 08/07/2006 at 03:15 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12