1.    #1  
    Please help. I purchased the Plantronics 640 for my 700P. I have no problem receiving calls and the sound quality is GREAT! However, I CANNOT dial OUT on my Treo and then have the call routed to the 640 headset. I mean this IS supposed to be hands free right? Outgoing calls simply go through the Treo as if the 640 isn't there. What's the deal. I have BT enabled and I am definitely connected. Please help. Tech support at Plantronics state that I should be able to send calls via the Treo and they should automatically route to the 640. NOT! Please help!
    I have the 640 also, but have not encountered this problem. It drops the BT connection on an irregular basis, but as long as I see the little blue headset icon at the upper right of the treo screen when I make a call, the call is always "routed" to the 640.
    Did you try soft reseting the Treo? Then pairing them again if that didn't work? This is a known issue.
    yes, a pairing problem otherwise, go back and change...
  5.    #5  
    Thank you! Soft reset solved the problem. I really appreciate your help folks!!!!!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jds4300
    Thank you! Soft reset solved the problem. I really appreciate your help folks!!!!!
    Hope this helps...

I purchashed the Plantronics 640 to pair with my 700p (VZN). If you have been following my posts, this is now my 4th heaset and still have BT issues.

BT headsets already tried include Motorolla H500
    Motorolla H700
    Jabra BT800
    All of those, except the 640, are on the compatibility list on Palm's website. All of those were returned because of what you described with you 640.....not being able to hear audio on the 640 when a call is placed from your 700p.

Although the 640 is NOT on Palm's compatibility list, and Palm will tell you as they have just told me via a phone call to a level2 tech in the Phillipines. Palm is not willing to admit there is ANY problems with their 700p phones regarding compatibility issues. They continue to point at 3rd party software.

They told me they could not do much in helping with my currect problem with the 640 since it is NOT on the compatibility list published on Palms website.

Palm only offered: After a HARD reset of the 700p to reestablish factory settings and programs and reconnection to a BT headset that is on their compatibility list and a problem still exists, Palm says that they would only say the problem is with that particular 700p and NOT all 700p's and would direct me back for a replacement at my point of purchase (Verizon).

Now, I agree that the Plantronics 640 is the BEST BT out of those listed as far as sound volume is concerned. The BT headset does pair (blue headphone icon on 700p) with the 700p without a problem.

The problem occures after the phone is powered completely down then turned back on. When turned back on it does pair with the headset but the calls audio does not tranfer to the headset when a call is dialed from the phone. A soft reset fixes that problem as you mentioned above but in my case the problem occures again when the phone is powered down again, thus requiring a soft reset again.

Palm tech support says....."it is not listed on the compatibility list". When you try to tell these people....3 out of the 4 headsets I have tried have the same problems. And 3 out of the 4 ARE on the compatibility list. To that you say 3rd party software comflicts but the 4th headset with the same problems you say "not on the compatibility list".

Very sub-standard tech support.
    Quote Originally Posted by captmike
    Hope this helps...

I purchashed the Plantronics 640 to pair with my 700p (VZN). If you have been following my posts, this is now my 4th heaset and still have BT issues.

BT headsets already tried include Motorolla H500
    Motorolla H700
    Jabra BT800
    All of those, except the 640, are on the compatibility list on Palm's website. All of those were returned because of what you described with you 640.....not being able to hear audio on the 640 when a call is placed from your 700p.

Although the 640 is NOT on Palm's compatibility list, and Palm will tell you as they have just told me via a phone call to a level2 tech in the Phillipines. Palm is not willing to admit there is ANY problems with their 700p phones regarding compatibility issues. They continue to point at 3rd party software.

They told me they could not do much in helping with my currect problem with the 640 since it is NOT on the compatibility list published on Palms website.

Palm only offered: After a HARD reset of the 700p to reestablish factory settings and programs and reconnection to a BT headset that is on their compatibility list and a problem still exists, Palm says that they would only say the problem is with that particular 700p and NOT all 700p's and would direct me back for a replacement at my point of purchase (Verizon).

Now, I agree that the Plantronics 640 is the BEST BT out of those listed as far as sound volume is concerned. The BT headset does pair (blue headphone icon on 700p) with the 700p without a problem.

The problem occures after the phone is powered completely down then turned back on. When turned back on it does pair with the headset but the calls audio does not tranfer to the headset when a call is dialed from the phone. A soft reset fixes that problem as you mentioned above but in my case the problem occures again when the phone is powered down again, thus requiring a soft reset again.

Palm tech support says....."it is not listed on the compatibility list". When you try to tell these people....3 out of the 4 headsets I have tried have the same problems. And 3 out of the 4 ARE on the compatibility list. To that you say 3rd party software comflicts but the 4th headset with the same problems you say "not on the compatibility list".

Very sub-standard tech support.

Well, this is the typical advantage of "OUTSOURCING"! What kind of classy service can you expect from those Philippines???