1.    #1  
    I was in Darden Alumni Party last week. During the meeting, I found a guy wearing a very tiny headset which is just like a small yellow metal bean in his right ear. You can not notice it unless you look directly into his right ear. Anyone know what is the name and if it is compatible with treo 650?

I didn't know the guy so I didn't ask....pity
    yeah, it's called a hearing aid. Good thing you didn't ask.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    lol
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    rotf
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by treosome
    Actually, a colleague of mine has 2 hearing aids and one of them has bluetooth ... very expensive according to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by brichter21
    Actually, a colleague of mine has 2 hearing aids and one of them has bluetooth ... very expensive according to him.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was receive only.
  7.    #7  
    comeon guys! Didn't u watch some sci-fi hollywood movie? I heard many FBI CIA agents are equipped with such tiny wireless stuff. Well, they should have another small thing tied on the T-shirt somewhere can transmit the speaker's voice.....totally different approach....

Don't tell me it is hearing aid!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq
    If it really was a bt headset...don't you think someone would be advertising and selling them somewhere...especially one that small?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    comeon guys! Didn't u watch some sci-fi hollywood movie? I heard many FBI CIA agents are equipped with such tiny wireless stuff. Well, they should have another small thing tied on the T-shirt somewhere can transmit the speaker's voice.....totally different approach....

Did he have name badge "James Bond"
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    If it really was a bt headset...don't you think someone would be advertising and selling them somewhere...especially one that small?

As a matter of fact, some special (like military) utilities are NOT accessible on the public market. My neighbor has a cousin in special force and sometimes I saw he brought home something I couldn't even name....

So don't underestimate today's tech, dude..maybe tomorrow you would find one by yourself?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    Did he have name badge "James Bond"

Ahh, I had several drinks and can't remember clearly....

But if James graduated from Darden, I can imagine the smirky smiles on our dean's face....
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Have you contacted Miracle Ear?
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    As a matter of fact, some special (like military) utilities are NOT accessible on the public market. My neighbor has a cousin in special force and sometimes I saw he brought home something I couldn't even name....

So don't underestimate today's tech, dude..maybe tomorrow you would find one by yourself?
    There is a reason why a 'military' item would not be available to the public (i.e. dangerous)...but I don't think that rationale works on a BT headset.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    yeah, it's called a hearing aid.
    Got a friend who has one of these: http://elihearing.com/UnitedStatesENG/index.htm
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
    Isn't the unreleased (and possibly cancelled) Motorola H5 the smallest bluetooth headset design so far?
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdiaz
    Isn't the unreleased (and possibly cancelled) Motorola H5 the smallest bluetooth headset design so far?
    No. The Q7 jawbone conduction BT headset is the smallest.
    I was in Darden Alumni Party last week. During the meeting, I found a guy wearing a very tiny headset which is just like a small yellow metal bean in his right ear. You can not notice it unless you look directly into his right ear. Anyone know what is the name and if it is compatible with treo 650?

I didn't know the guy so I didn't ask....pity
    It was Jack Ryan, of course. Of course, he was wearing that during his first season of 24, so it's old tech by now.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by SAKozicki
    It was Jack Ryan, of course. Of course, he was wearing that during his first season of 24, so it's old tech by now.

The season 5 is awsome! When 6 will be out? Jack has at least one new pda every season.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAKozicki
    Jack Ryan's tech would be extremely old by now since he was the CIA agent in the 1980's Tom Clancy's novels (Hunt For Red October, etc.). Jack Bauer, eh.