Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    I tried several versions of resco photo viewer and splashphoto, and i still can get one that truly fits me.

    splashphoto 4.32: pictures are zoomed to fit the screen, but can't zoom out.

    splashphoto 4.34: pictures are displayed in original size, but can't zoom in on small resolution pictures, even zooming options in large resolution pictures is every limited.

    resco photo viewr 2.21: pictures are displayed in original size, can zoom in/out very well, only beef is i can't scroll to left/right/up/down to see other parts of the image when zoomed in. There is no option to set initial zoom to zoom x N>1, say, if i want to see very picture in zoom x 2 mode, i'd have to press ctrl++ for every picture which is retard.

    resco photo viewr 2.30: don't see any difference from 2.21.

    I haven't tried other image viewing apps yet. How is acidimage compare to the above two?

    I want an app that allows initial zoom x whatever, and can zoom at will during viewing modes, and can scroll to see other parts of an image when zoomed in. Does such app exist yet for palm os?
  2. #2  
    I have Resco Photo viewer, don't remember the release. Also if you wanna have one that lets you move around, take a look at Documents to Go, the latest release. It does just that. Ben
  3. #3  
    Acid Image is my favorite for photo viewing.
    http://www.acid-image.com/
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  4. #4  
    SplashPhoto 4.4 does allow zoom and pan. And it is fast.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by zackwz
    resco photo viewr 2.21: pictures are displayed in original size, can zoom in/out very well, only beef is i can't scroll to left/right/up/down to see other parts of the image when zoomed in. There is no option to set initial zoom to zoom x N>1, say, if i want to see very picture in zoom x 2 mode, i'd have to press ctrl++ for every picture which is retard.

    resco photo viewr 2.30: don't see any difference from 2.21.
    Hmm, I am using Resco Viewer 2.21 (I'll have to check out 2.30!). I can zoom in/out and then use the 5-way to move around and see other parts of the zoomed image.

    The "Initial zoom" option lets you set it to:
    [1] Shrink to fit screen (i.e. see entire photo initially)
    [2] Shrink to fill screen (i.e. expand/contract as required to make the smallest dimension fill the screen)
    [3] Full Size (no expand/contract at all)

    In Options/Keys you can set your hardware buttons to perform various functions. I have Viewer Mode set to:

    Green Phone Button: Zoom Out
    Calendar Button: Zoom In
    Mail Button: Previous Image
    Red Phone Button: Next Image

    Up/Down/Left/Right set to 'Pan' which is probably what you missed.

    Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    Hmm, I am using Resco Viewer 2.21 (I'll have to check out 2.30!). I can zoom in/out and then use the 5-way to move around and see other parts of the zoomed image.

    The "Initial zoom" option lets you set it to:
    [1] Shrink to fit screen (i.e. see entire photo initially)
    [2] Shrink to fill screen (i.e. expand/contract as required to make the smallest dimension fill the screen)
    [3] Full Size (no expand/contract at all)

    In Options/Keys you can set your hardware buttons to perform various functions. I have Viewer Mode set to:

    Green Phone Button: Zoom Out
    Calendar Button: Zoom In
    Mail Button: Previous Image
    Red Phone Button: Next Image

    Up/Down/Left/Right set to 'Pan' which is probably what you missed.

    Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Wow, i did't use the key options until now. Thanks very much. Keys make the app very enjoyable.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by zackwz
    which is retard.
    Just a little offensive for those of use with special needs kids. Not to mention if you can't us the word in its proper tense you just might be.
    Last edited by leardvr; 07/31/2006 at 11:48 AM. Reason: spelling
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by leardvr
    Just a little offensive for those of use with special needs kids. Not to mention if you can't us the word in its proper tense you just might be.
    I'm just saying pressing Ctr++ (I didn't use keys option before) to zoom*2 for every picture (i have around 100 photos) is tedious. I'm sorry if i use the wrong word.
  9. #9  
    I haven't tried Resco, but I just tried Splashphoto - I have a free registered version that came with Missing Sync.

    SplashPhoto doesn't support "progressive" jpeg images, which is the way many of your desktop photos are stored. Also, it doesn't recognize the file structure of your SD card, it just lumps all files on your SD card into "unfiled" and then you have to re-organize them. Splashphoto may be good if you want to use their desktop application to organize/convert/sync photos with the PDA, but I prefer a photo viewer that's more like a desktop application - supports a wide range of image file types that might have been created in other applications, recognizes the file structure you've created on the SD card, etc. I'm sticking with AcidImage, though I can see that some users will prefer SplashPhoto. I couldn't check / compare the zoom features of AcidImage (which is great) with SplashPhoto because SP wouldn't recognize any of my photos, all of which are "progressive"!
  10. #10  
    GrxView Lite (freeware) seems to cover the OP's requirements.

    http://www.freewarepalm.com/graphics/grxviewlite.shtml

    Set, Options>Image View - Use buttons : for Panning, and note that you can use the stylus (fingernail) for smooth panning in any direction.
    Last edited by johncc; 11/02/2006 at 05:24 PM.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    GrxView Lite (freeware) seems to cover the OP's requirements.

    http://www.freewarepalm.com/graphics/grxviewlite.shtml

    Set, Options>Image View - Use buttons : for Panning, and note that you can use the stylus (fingernail) for smooth panning in any direction.
    Sorry, I should have looked at zack's original post and answered his question right away.

    AcidImage does smooth panning too. Any image at any zoom level that more than fills the screen, just tap and drag with your finger. REALLY fast pan/zoom (as fast as I can move the image or slider bar). Will zoom from the image being really tiny (much smaller than the screen) really huge (only 20 x 20 image pixels filling the Treo's screen) Also, optionally AcidImage will remember the pan/zoom settings from the last time you viewed the image. Great for maps (though I have GPS now, so that's a bit moot.) I'm not saying other photo viewers aren't good, but I keep coming back to AcidImage. (No I have no interest in the company.)
  12. #12  
    I'm a huge AcidImage fan. Been using it for 5+ years. Highly recommended.

    -TR1
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
  13. #13  
    I had been using AcidImage for years as well. While it hadn't been update much, I could never find anything else that really compared until RescoViewer. IMO, that is hands-down the most complete Palm OS photo viewer as far as a device-only application. There is no desktop companion, but it doesn't really need one.
  14. #14  
    Thanks for the info. What in your opinion makes Resco better than AcidImage? I've been happy with AI but if there's something better I might switch...
  15. #15  
    I think Resco gives a few more options for fitting your pictures to the dimensions of the Treo. You can also change color and contrast of individual images and the slide show options are superior. I still think AI is a great product. It really boils down to how much you use your Treo to look at pictures. I do suggest trying a demo of Reso to see for yourself.
  16. #16  
    I second Acid Image Pro. It's a little pricey, but does great zooming in and out, and also resizing of images to lower resolution(s) to more easily email a picture as an attachment.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!

Posting Permissions