Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    On my Treo 700p, TCPMP always soft resets upon exiting whenever I do any combination of: changing the volume, playing a video. (Of course, this happens whenever I receive an incoming call while watching videos, and my Treo crashes).

Does this happen to anyone else's 700p, too?

This happens with both TCPMP v0.71 and v0.72RC1.
    No, that should not be happening. Remove the software, then reinstall it and see how it is.
    I got that all the time, like one out every 3,4 times. I had that on my 650 and I get that on my 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    I got that all the time, like one out every 3,4 times. I had that on my 650 and I get that on my 700p.
    What did you do? I haven't had any problems with TCPMP. I would suggest the latter...unintall and reinstall.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Hi
    Try re-installing it and ALL the plug-ins it comes with. Don't leave any of them out even if they look like they're for file formats you'll never play. Install them all along with the main program. It doesn't crash on exit on my 650 or my 700p. I have it and ALL its plug-ins installed on a card (none of it in internal storage) on both Treos. No problems.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Even re-installing it does not work (Home > Delete..., then delete TCPMP, then hotsync the new version of TCPMP plus all plug-ins). My only guess is that the unsaved preferences (with creator TPLY) are bad, but the last time I deleted those (for version 0.71), it still did not resolve the issue.
    I love the program, but I have the same problem.

It seems to be related to how long I'm watching. If I watch, say two 1hr videos it will usually reset on me when I exit. If I watch a 1/2hr video it usually (but not always) is okay. I've even had a reset when coming into TCPMP, without a file loaded, then hitting the home key. I also doesn't matter if I choose exit from the menu or hit the home button.

I had exactly the same problem with my Treo 650.

Does anyone know a full list of files I should delete to do a clean TCPMP install? I think based on previous comments, I'll do that with every plug-in and with plug-ins in memory or on my card. Something about my install process must be causing the problem because most people don't seem to have the problem, and I got it on both my previous 650s and my current 700p.

But I figure with the new versions coming out later this year, the problem may be automatically solved for me!
    For anyone that is having this problem it may be another application that is causing it to crash. (Perhaps another video player) It may take a hard reset and then put one app on at a time to see when and if the problem arises again.
    This normally happens when a file is left open at the time the application is terminated. Have you installed the latest release and if so, have you contacted the author? Ben
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    Hi
    Try re-installing it and ALL the plug-ins it comes with. Don't leave any of them out even if they look like they're for file formats you'll never play. Install them all along with the main program. It doesn't crash on exit on my 650 or my 700p. I have it and ALL its plug-ins installed on a card (none of it in internal storage) on both Treos. No problems.

Harv
    I only installed that which I would need (mpeg4, AAC, ffmpeg, & mp3), and I haven't had any trouble with resets using 0.71.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark
    I only installed that which I would need (mpeg4, AAC, ffmpeg, & mp3), and I haven't had any trouble with resets using 0.71.
    Are your plug-ins also installed on the card, or are they in main memory?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Main memory......I didn't want to take a chance that running off the 4GB card would affect the quality. Plus, I have every 3-party software I could ever need, and I still have 47mb left of main memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpriteGF
    Even re-installing it does not work (Home > Delete..., then delete TCPMP, then hotsync the new version of TCPMP plus all plug-ins). My only guess is that the unsaved preferences (with creator TPLY) are bad, but the last time I deleted those (for version 0.71), it still did not resolve the issue.
    That might be the problem, you're not deleting the prefs that way, instead use a program like uninstall manager or resco explorer to delete the prefs. if you use UM then just go in the app and delete TCPMP along with everything else listed for that app, if you use Resco explorer then go under control panel/ saved and/or unsaved prefs and delete all the prefs FIRST before deleting TCPMP or you wont know which one of the orphaned "unkown" prefs belong to TCPMP, after this then soft reset BEFORE re-installing TCPMP
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    My only guess is that the unsaved preferences (with creator TPLY) are bad
    I went to give this a try based on Ljj8503's instructions above, but I only saw three files in FileZ with creator TPLY... TCPMP MPEG4 plugin, TCPMP MP3 plugin, and TCPMP (the app).

No preferences file... is that a problem? Or should I look at a different creator?

More and more I think my best hope is to wait for the new commercial version coming soon.

Also, I should note that when I just open a video and watch 30mins or less, I have no issue. I only get the reset on exit after watching 1-2hrs, usually with lots of skipping forward & backward, and stop/start with screen rotation on, and some fast forward & reverse. Maybe it's got a memory leak and reaches a point where that causes the crash when I exit?