1.    #1  
    I did a search and didn't find anything on this topic so please excuse me is this has been covered already.

I am a Sprint 6700 owner and was curious if any of you 700P owners were experiencing this on your devices. As you know, while actively using data while on a EVDO network, if you get a voice call, the data session will be suspended and the vocie call will ring through. When Sprint released the OS update for Windows Mobile 5 in March, one of the things they changed was a setting that is normally hard-coded in the CDMA radio. Initially, this setting was set to give voice "priority" over data thus you are able to get phone calls while actively using data on EVDO. Sprint had HTC change this setting to give data priority and thus NO ring through of voice calls while actively using EVDO. Sprint 6700 owners were able to get around this by doing a form of a "super hard reset" (for lack of a better term) causing the 6700 to default back to the old "voice priority" file in the CDMA radio. Unfortunately, it appears 6700s with a manufacture date of 4/1/06 or later have the updated OS already preloaded and thus there is no old "voice prioirty" file to fall back on and voice calls will not ring through while using data on EVDO. I was just curious if any of you Sprint 700P owners had experienced anything similar. If not, good for you but you may want to keep an eye out if this "problem" starts to show up. I think Sprint has forgotten (at least in the case of the 6700) that these are phones above all else and at least for me, I want voice to take priority over any sort of data.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    we have that setting..allow ring during data or not....works
    Sprint 700p
    Martin02 - funny, the guy who sits next to me that got a 6700 last week *just* asked me about this. he is having the same issue and has read about and come to the same conclusion as you. I'm sure once Sprint is aware of the problem, they will work on and issue a fix. Also, I just tested it a couple times on my 700p and it rang through.

JayL - I have never seen an option to change "ring during data or not". I thought it just rang through by default. Where is this option?
    I looked too. I did not find the option. Please let us know where it is would love to be able to control this.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    prefs
    network
    prefs
    'send voice calls to voicemail during actrive Power Vision data connecitons'
    Sprint 700p
    Thanks found it.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    I'll be danged! Thanks, JayL. Very cool. Did not know that was there.