Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Ok so I've been sending a lot of txt messages out recently and wondering why people haven't been replying...?

After finally speaking with the people I text... they've all said they replied... checked my 700 and nothing... performed a soft reser and viola! downloaded over 30 msgs..

Has anyone else had this prob... I haven't performed any hacks/mods on my 700... I've only installed pdanet and toccer recently. these issues started once before any software was installed and after pdanet but before toccer.

I guess I have 2 questions... one... anyone else notice or have this problem... and two... is this a phone or network issue. for what its worth the people sending/receiving txt are mainly on sprint, nextel, and vzw.
    You need to tell us what service YOU are using. That being said - regardless - its almost certainly a carrier issue that resolved itself once you disconnected and then reconnected to the network.
    Are you on Sprint? If so this is not a carrier or network issue it is the phone, I am on my second 700P (exchanged for other reasons) and it still does this, same on my wife's. A soft reset every couple of days is all I have found that works.
    Sprint is aware of the issue, just not sure why it is happening.
    O for what it is worth if this were a carrier issue then just shutting of the phone and turning it back on would solve it, well it does not, tried that several times. It does take a soft reset to get it to work.
    Same, started to happend to me...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I recently got my 700p a month ago, and I do have the same problems you are experiencing, but that really sucks if I'm resetting my treo and getting the messages hours later. Isn't there any other way that Palm can resolve this issue, or another program that will allows the sending/receiving of the text messages w/o doing the soft reset?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I am sorry I did not clarify... I am on Sprint. Normally, I am able to receive/send without problems.... It seems as if it just needs to be reset every now-and-then... hmm... Frustrating... A product costing so much, needing this much attention... *sigh*
    I'm having this problem for the last three days and a soft reset isn't working. Sprint says they know they are having problems with text messages and are working on it.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    hmm... initially I thought it might be a network issue, but I've asked friends/family on the Sprint network with no reports of issues. I find it strange that once the phone is disconnected and reconnected via a soft reset it works.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I've been receiving texts all day with Sprint without any issues. I wonder if its affecting different areas?
    Spring is having a large network issue today. I'm using a Treo 650 and I can send text messages but I can't receive anything. People on both HF and SU have reported problem as well all over the US.
    yup.........i have this issue randomly happen since i've gotten the 700p on sprint too.
    I'm also on Sprint with a 700p and am experiencing similar problems --> intended recipients not receiving my sms AND Versamail email messages. I have noticed occasions of not receiving incoming messages as well.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    So, im happy to hear it's not just me and a good amount of 700 users are experiencing the same issue... The issue now is where do we go with this...
    Had it hit me today, soft reset + an hour of wait time, and I felt popular again
    Yeah my wife thought I was full of crap because I wouldn't answer her text's. Now she's having the same problem on her 650...ha!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Yeah my wife thought I was full of crap because I wouldn't answer her text's. Now she's having the same problem on her 650...ha!

lol, same thing with mine too.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    One more with the same symptoms...sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterGibbons
    One more with the same symptoms...sigh.
    Me too, this last week has been pretty sketchy with the TXTs. On Sprint.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    No issues here with the 700p and Verizon. I tend to send/recieve alot of txts as well.
    Just this week? Hah. I've been having intermittent problems with Sprint SMS forever. It has happened with Nextel as well, as I sometimes chat with one of their users.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast