1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried or heard of, or tried this:

I want to use a Motorola DC800 Bluetooth Stereo Adapter http://www.accessorygeeks.com/motoro...ada-dc800.html and hook up inside vehicle semi permanent in center console. Then run a RCA cable to the head unit as an auxiliary input. From what I have read, the DC800 is both an bluetooth audio output, but also input. Since I have SAGhttp://www.softick.com/bluetooth-audio/ on my T700p, I could stream music wirelessly to my vehicle without any wires. As it is, my car is a maze of exposed and hidden wires, that sometimes confuse me.

Is there a product out there that is specifically made for this? If not, do you think this will work?
    Bo
    seems like it should.

I cant wait for a headunit with this specific feature. Ive seen a few manufacturers with BT built into their aftermarket headunits but it only supports the phone side. Im sure within the next year or so SOMEONE will make one.... lets hope at least.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  3.    #3  
    Does anyone have experience using SAG and this http://www.fotoconnection.com/vi-505...A2-WBT310.html WBT310. This unit is much less expensive($34.00) versus the Motorola for $90+.

There have to be more treofreaks out there that want this functionality!
    Bo
    be warned SAG currently is very flawed on the 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    I cant wait for a headunit with this specific feature. Ive seen a few manufacturers with BT built into their aftermarket headunits but it only supports the phone side. Im sure within the next year or so SOMEONE will make one.... lets hope at least.
    I have this unit installed in my car, and it works great with the 700p. It has XM, CD, BT Phone, and BT Audio inputs available. It says it can pair with any A2DP capable audio player and run the audio through the speakers. Unfortunately, it doesn't want to work with my Treo. I've used Softick's software, but it won't connect (softick software says "Invalid HMI command"). I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that I've already got the phone portion of the Treo set up in the phone connection of the stereo. Maybe if I disable that part, the audio player portion would work. I haven't tried too much, because the main reason I got the stereo was for the speakerphone ability. I'd like to use the streaming audio, but it's not worth the hassle of connecting/disconnecting the phone connection to make it work.
    Last edited by brickjr; 07/31/2006 at 04:13 PM.
  6.    #6  
    What head unit do you have? THE SAG software is a pain, but i have found a combination of workarounds to make it functional.
    Bo
    Quote Originally Posted by boboone
    What head unit do you have? THE SAG software is a pain, but i have found a combination of workarounds to make it functional.
    I listed it in the title of my first comment. It's the Pioneer DEH-P9800BT.
  8.    #8  
    I bought the Jensen Wbt310 http://www.ambientweather.com/dbwbt310.html, and a cheap sprint universal syle 5amp cig. charger, plugged in my cassette adapter to the bluetooth unit, went to SAG http://softick.com/bluetooth-audio/ and bam, that sweet sound of music! I get limited skips in music, but when I turn the screen off, that goes away. when calls come in, you have to answer off bluetooth, but it does this automatically, and as soon as you hang up, it goes back to music. This is EXACTLY what I have been wanting since bluetooth came out. Now it is HERE!!!

This thread has been up for a few weeks, and it doesnt seem to have drawn much interest, but this is sure cool. I would be happy to help anyone with this.
    Bo
    I am using ver 1.4 of SAG with an Alpine headunit and Alpine's bluetooth adapter.

sound comes over fine.

too bad the newer version doesnt work yet- with it, I see the button pushes on the headunit duplicating on ptunes, but ptunes never starts playing when play is pushed, even though i see the play arrow pushed in ptunes
    Quote Originally Posted by brickjr
    I have this unit installed in my car, and it works great with the 700p. It has XM, CD, BT Phone, and BT Audio inputs available. It says it can pair with any A2DP capable audio player and run the audio through the speakers. Unfortunately, it doesn't want to work with my Treo. I've used Softick's software, but it won't connect (softick software says "Invalid HMI command"). I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that I've already got the phone portion of the Treo set up in the phone connection of the stereo. Maybe if I disable that part, the audio player portion would work. I haven't tried too much, because the main reason I got the stereo was for the speakerphone ability. I'd like to use the streaming audio, but it's not worth the hassle of connecting/disconnecting the phone connection to make it work.
    Do you have a T650 laying around that you could try this with? SAG hasnt officially supported the 700P yet and Id like to see if its SAG or if its something else.

Seems we are getting close guys eh?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Hdhntr23- on my 700p- i am seeing the commands work- but ptunes never starts playing- all the button pushed on the alpine headunit duplicate in ptunes, but the counter stays at zero, there is no sound, and the playbar never starts moving to the right.
  12.    #12  
    so sound works, but the controls do not? What about the phone functions? Does the phone audio play through the speakers? If so, how is the echo?
    Bo
    phone works - just dont have the vol up too far or yes, will get echo.
    but otherwise, convenient- i play music loud- so it mutes it- i think it even pauses the cd.

also- the phone working is built-in to the 700p.. the stereo audio is an add-on program (SAG)
    Plese see:
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(34966),ts=Palm_External2001

The Treo 700p smartphone's Bluetooth implementation does NOT support these Bluetooth profiles:

* HID (Human Interface Device: connect to Bluetooth keyboard and other input devices)
    * FTP (File Transfer Profile: appears as external hard drive on a Windows or Mac computer)
    * A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution: playing stereo music wirelessly)
    * BIP (Basic Imaging Profile)
    * All other Bluetooth profiles not specifically listed above

3 - Remember: you can use your smartphone to listen to stereo music through wired headphones, sold separately. The A2DP profile refers only to wireless Bluetooth headphones.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by iplay2
    Plese see:
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(34966),ts=Palm_External2001

The Treo 700p smartphone's Bluetooth implementation does NOT support these Bluetooth profiles:

* HID (Human Interface Device: connect to Bluetooth keyboard and other input devices)
    * FTP (File Transfer Profile: appears as external hard drive on a Windows or Mac computer)
    * A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution: playing stereo music wirelessly)
    * BIP (Basic Imaging Profile)
    * All other Bluetooth profiles not specifically listed above

3 - Remember: you can use your smartphone to listen to stereo music through wired headphones, sold separately. The A2DP profile refers only to wireless Bluetooth headphones.
    Those profiles are not supported natively, that is true, however, Softick offers several programs that give the functionality. I have my 700 working beautifully using bluetooth to stream stereo in my vehicle through bluetooth. That is what the whole thread is about.
    Bo