Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    5 hours of talk time for the 640 (no DSP) and 3 hours for the 645/655/665 (DSP).
  2.    #22  
    Just spoke w/ Plantronics and you can disable the DSP in the 645 and get the same battery life as the 640.

I went back to Best Buy earlier and then CompUSA and all the Discovery 640s w/ a date code of Jun06 and later did not have any kind of logo imprinted or embedded on the button on the end of the headset so I guess the Plantronics agent knew what he was talking about
    How do you turn off the DSP on the 645/655/665/Ultralight? That would make for an interesting test.
  4.    #24  
    I don't have a 645 so I didn't ask how to do it. I think you just have to press both volume up and down for 5 seconds to deactivate / activate the DSP (I remember reading this somewhere). If I could get a 645 I would. It's nice to have DSP when you need it.

Edit:
    I did own the 645 briefly, but got rid of it when I learned that the DSP reduces the battery life as much as it did (and unfortunately before learning that the DSP could be disabled).
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 07/31/2006 at 10:40 PM.
    I knew that the DSP can be disabled for increased battery life,but does anyone know if the 655/665 will have multipoint capabilities ? Although,from a design standpoint I prefer the 640/645/ultralight to the pictures I've seen of the 655.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Ok, just got off a live chat with Plantronics. Gave them the date code and some other info. from the headset and they said that all Discovery 640's made recently do not have this logo on the button.
    I wonder if that's designed to make it easier for Palm to rebrand them?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus
    I wonder if that's designed to make it easier for Palm to rebrand them?
    Could be, but aren't Palm's Ultralights based off of the 645?
    They are.
    erk. shoulda clarified - I wonder if they're doing that also with the 645 to make it easier to rebrand.
    I currently have the plantronics 640 that i am using with the treo 700p. My main grief is that it currently disconnects and i have to go through this process of reconnecting sometimes while driving. Can anyone help with this?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12