Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I installed the new beta. Not sure if I did something but I was reviewing my preferences and I notice that my daily backup at 0630 AM wa no longer checked. Glad I noticed!

Might want to check your settings and be sure they all look right.

I like the new version though!

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Already did, thanks for the heads up ChickenHawk!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Uh, possibly because they don't share your opinion? Just a guess...

When is everybody going to realize that software is not the religion of the 2000's?!?!?! Your choice of software does not neccessarily make it the one everyone else MUST use.

I swear I am going to wake up one morning to the news report that sectarian violence has erupted in silicon valley between Linux Users, Mac Zealots and the Microsoft dictatorship....
    Nicely put. I couldn't agree more.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    If we use the beta,

1) can we revert back to our old copy once the program expires?
    2) for beta testing do we get to keep the beta with a reg key?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Nicely put. I couldn't agree more.

Thanks! I actually beat it out of the thread when everyone started indicating that my response was out of line....

It is always the way it is mentioned that gets me.... "Why would anyone pay for a backup program since NVbackup. It is free and is the best one. I own all four of the major ones (including the above) and I only us NV now on my treo700P . Never fails for me. Dont waste the money ."

Well, firstly many people might consider BBVFS (or other for that matter) better then NVbackup among a million other reasons.

Secondly, while free is surely a fact, "the best one" is not a fact. It is the best one FOR YOU, not neccessarily everyone else.

And as if buying one of the many other backup softwares is a waste of money....well, maybe it is in your opinion...

I understand these are forums for sharing opinions, but sometimes the way people state their opinions as fact gets me.....Like in this case.

BTW, I am a longtime BBVFS Pro registered user (Desktop too). It is the best. I have used every single one of the other lousy backup applications on the market. Don't waste your time with anything else. You are stupid if you do.

//Sarcasm and extreme exageration mode off//

Everyone has different needs, wants and expectations. Despite the perception that yours are the same as everyone elses, they are not. Someone may not like the same things you do.....at least with PalmOS we have a lot of choices in applications.

Cheers
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    Hey Matty

After reading you reply maybe I did come off a bit like "Buy this nothing is better: but that really was not what I meant. My reply was why pay for a program that does basically (for all intent purposes) the same thing .I do own both so my opinion is one of using both and I think that NV is better (thats all I said) than this one but again that is my opinion and it is what these forums are for . I never alluded that anyone was stupid if you didnt use NV(Never came out of my wouth)but asked why pay so much when there is a excellent option on the market.And my only real thing I said was "Dont waste the money" and I stick by that.

But again after reading i realize maybe it did seem preachy . Was not my intention. Maybe I was giddy over the free program. LOL.

I have no issues with anyone here and hope we have no issues. there Matty. I enjoy chatting with everyone here and hope to chat with you in future post MR. Paranoid.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Hey Matty

After reading you reply maybe I did come off a bit like "Buy this nothing is better: but that really was not what I meant. My reply was why pay for a program that does basically (for all intent purposes) the same thing .I do own both so my opinion is one of using both and I think that NV is better (thats all I said) than this one but again that is my opinion and it is what these forums are for . I never alluded that anyone was stupid if you didnt use NV(Never came out of my wouth)but asked why pay so much when there is a excellent option on the market.And my only real thing I said was "Dont waste the money" and I stick by that.

But again after reading i realize maybe it did seem preachy . Was not my intention. Maybe I was giddy over the free program. LOL.

I have no issues with anyone here and hope we have no issues. there Matty. I enjoy chatting with everyone here and hope to chat with you in future post MR. Paranoid.
    Thanks for the reply, no issues with me, dont sweat it.....I am sure your post turned some people on to some software that they find useful...

Cheers
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12