1.    #1  
    After installing and uninstalling several programs, what's the best way to get my Treo 700P in it's new "Out of the Box" state again WITHOUT losing my contacts of course?

Also, does Uninstall Manager track newly installed programs by default? Or is there some setting I need to change to make sure it tracks new installs so that if I have to uninstall a program I will know that that UM uninstalls ALL files from the program that I am removing?

Thanks
    Hard reset, then reinstall apps one at a time
  3.    #3  
    WHat about uninstall manager? Does it actually track new apps as they get installed? Should I install Uinstall Manager first?

Also what about my contacts? How do I make sure that they do not get erased?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rriehl
    WHat about uninstall manager? Does it actually track new apps as they get installed? Should I install Uinstall Manager first?
    Uninstall Manager would be an excellent first choice.

Also what about my contacts? How do I make sure that they do not get erased?
    If you're truly worried about any corrupt or extraneous files, do a clean install like from your old Treo. Before doing a reset, change the name of your backup folder...move it somewhere else, like you desktop, if you like. Hard reset. If you do a sync, you'll create a new backup folder. You can copy over your contacts from the old folder to the new one so it'll sync (and anything else you want to keep).
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdallen
    Uninstall Manager would be an excellent first choice.

If you're truly worried about any corrupt or extraneous files, do a clean install like from your old Treo. Before doing a reset, change the name of your backup folder...move it somewhere else, like you desktop, if you like. Hard reset. If you do a sync, you'll create a new backup folder. You can copy over your contacts from the old folder to the new one so it'll sync (and anything else you want to keep).
    THanks!

Could you tell me what files contain my contact and appointment info?
    Also- do I need to uninstall the PALM software from my PC?
    Could you tell me what files contain my contact and appointment info?
    ContactsDB-PAdd and DatebookDB

Also- do I need to uninstall the PALM software from my PC?
    Nope.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all of you help guys. This place is an AWESOME source of information for Treo users.

THANK YOU!