1.    #1  
    I was given a Cingular branded TREO 650 by my dad who used to use it for work. I also have Cingular and put my SIM card from my SLVR into the phone and turned the cellphone part on and got this message "Your phone cannot be used with this SIM card."

What does this message mean and how do i fix it? I would like to use this TREO to replace my Motorola SLVR for a more business like phone and text messaging.. Any help will be appreciated!
    phone needs to be unlocked.

either you or your dad have a legacy Cingular Blue Sim Card (AT&T)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    phone needs to be unlocked.

either you or your dad have a legacy Cingular Blue Sim Card (AT&T)
    Im totally new to things like this... Ive heard about unlocking but isnt that where i just put a code into the phone and it will work with any SIM card?? I have a BRAND new SIM card and phone from Cingular but im guessing my dad may not have.. The phone does say cingular but i guess that doesnt matter if the SIM card it was working with was an ATT SIM...
    Last edited by FrozenCode; 07/29/2006 at 12:43 PM. Reason: changed host

5.    #5  
    Thanks buddy!! I have searched the internet for a while before resorting to forums that i am not members of just to sign up and then post a question.. if you know the answer why not help me out so there are not any other posts like this so that the next person to search will be able to find the answer instead of clicking on threads with people like you telling people to search more when they already have!!

So whats the answer to my question.... Because ive heard on other forums that its my sim card not the phone!! Im not paying to unlock a phone that wll not work correctly!! Thanks Bud!
    its the dam phone, not your SIM.

2 ways to approach this, unlock the phne yourself via unlocking services (ebay or online) OR call Cingular directly to get the unlock code.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    650unlock.com
    unlockcellular.com
  8.    #8  
    Thank you Trim81 and holmes4 I will attempt to get the code free from cingular first and if they are unable to help me i will check out those websites. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by TipToeKirk
    Thank you Trim81 and holmes4 I will attempt to get the code free from cingular first and if they are unable to help me i will check out those websites. Thank you!
    Do not make Cingular's problem your problem. You have a Cingular branded phone and a Cingular SIM; they ought to work together. It is Cingular's job to see that they do. You got a new phone; the provenance of that phone is none of their business.

Do not try to tell Cingular the solution until they fully understand the problem. I agree that it may be the phone but If your SIM is more than a couple of years old, it can be the SIM. (You might want to try another Cingular SIM. You can get one at any Cingular branded outlet.)
  10.    #10  
    It was the phone and a very nice lady helped me after the first lady i spoke with was no help at all... the second lady right from the bat said, it sounds like your phone needs to be unlocked! 10 minutes later i had the unlock code and the Treo was working. Thank you everyone!