1.    #1  
    Here's what I want to do.

Save all my contacts for safe-keeping.

Hard Reset my Sprint 650.

Start brand new and wonderfully fresh.

Then sync back ONLY and ABSOLUTELY only my contacts.

What's the best way to do that?

Many thanks!

-Nick.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    best way to start fresh is to sync with a new username. after you're done with the hard reset, launch the hotsync and on your pc it will prompt you to create or select an existing username. u need to type in a new username.
    after u sync, open palm desktop and make sure that u are viewing the current username(upper-right hand corner). select contacts view(u can see it's blank) and u'll need to recreate you categories, same as what you have on your old contacts. if you're done with all the categories, go back to category "all".

...and kindly follow these steps:
    1.go to file, click on import
    2.under look-in, specify the location of your old username folder (possibly under c:/program files/palm(or palmone)/<old username>
    3.open addressbook folder
    4.on file name, type in *.* then hit enter. u may notice that some files were added on the list
    5.highlight the "address.dat" file (or just plain address)
    6.click on import. observe that if you've done this successfully, the data that you would like to import will upload on your palm desktop.
    7.perform hotsync

it's the same if you're trying to import calendar, u should be browsing inside the DATEBOOK folder... and so on for tasks(TO DO) and memos(MEMOPAD).

important note:
    THE FOLLOWING STEPS ABOVE ARE ALSO APPLIED IF YOUR DATA WAS LOST ON PALM DESKTOP OR IT WAS WIPED OUT ON BOTH LOCATIONS AFTER YOU PERFORMED A HOTSYNC. THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT THIS COULD RETRIEVE YOUR DATA BUT THIS IS REALLY WORTH A SHOT.

i would appreciate it if u would post your feedbacks. ^_^